Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Print/Preview crash system

The problem I see when printing is an incorrect re-sizing to fit the page
whenever I change the resolution of my printer from 300dpi to 600dpi.
The printer model is Epson Stylus SCAN 2500 and I don't have this problem
with any other application. Another annoying thing with the printing
interface in Protel, is that whenever I go to the print preview it draws
the screen twice (which takes some time on a complex design). It would be
much nicer to have a 'draw on demand' option, i.e. the screen should only
be redrawn when requested. Anyway ... just my $0.02

Hans

Rudolf Schaffer scribbled:
}
}
}
}HxEngr@aol.com wrote:
}
}>
}> This sounds very much like the behavior of Protel and a couple of other
}> applications under Win95 with low resources. My standard defenses, which have
}> pretty much eliminated this problem:
}>
}> 1) Restart Protel periodically.
}>
}> 2) Reboot the system about once per day.
}>
}> 3) Add RSRCMTR.EXE to the Startup menu so that it's always running.
}>
}> 4) Avoid running certain obscure consumer applications at the same time as
}> Protel.
}>
}> Note that none of the above prevent me from running other mainstream
}> applications with Protel. I often run Protel with a couple of Word documents
}> open, an Excel spreadsheet or two, AOL open and online, Adobe Acrobat Reader
}> with a couple of documents open, WinZip, a couple of Explorer windows, and a
}> couple of other specialty applications. But anything which makes heavy
}> demands on the Resource memory pool (limited in size regardless of the amount
}> of physical memory) will cause conflicts with Protel.
}>
}> Steve Hendrix
}>
}
}Dear Steve,
}
}Thank you for your answer and informations to work around
}some problems with Win 95.
}
}Initialy, i thought that this problem was caused by the circular
}external shape of the PCB...
}
}A second try with Print/Preview was 100 % ok after my e-mail.
}
}Kind regards
}
}Rudolf