Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: No Net assignments on tracks & vias...

<x-flowed>
On 06:15 AM 1/09/2000 -0400, Brian Guralnick said:
>Ok,
>
>     That's it, now I'm really annoyed.
>
>     How come in Protel99SE PCB, vias & tracks who's nets are 'No Net' do NOT
>automatically change their net names to which ever other net'd items I
>connect them to?
>
>     Example:  If I create a grid of vias or tracks, or multiple conected
>items which end up with the default 'No Net', why am I unable to just start
>routing from the via, or the track, or an existing item with a real net, and
>just join the 2?  The manual router should never consider 'No Net' items as
>obstacles with regard to any real net'd item.  When a 'No Net' item is
>joined to an actual net'd item, the router should change all the physically
>connected 'No Net' items to the new actual net.
>
>     Have I missed an option or setting within Protel?
>
>Completely frustraited out of my mind,
>     Brian Guralnick.

So should a poly pour with Net GND should just pour over NoNet mounting
holes - making them GNDs? I think not.

You do have a point - when manually routing maybe we should be able to hold
the CNTRL key as we click and the connected copper will then take up the
new net.  Could get interesting when mistakes are made but it might be
useful occasionally.

You can set the placement mode to Ignore Obstacle - which will allow you to
make the connection but will give an DRC.  There are a number of ways these
DRC errors can be removed up to and including using the Netlist
Manager...|Menu|Update Free Primitives from Pads command.  (Ignore Obstacle
routing mode is set in Design|Options or is it Tools|Preferences - look for
the drop list with options Push Obstacles, Ignore Obstacles and Avoid(?)
Obstacles.

Ian Wilson

</x-flowed>