'DOMINO' SHOOTING PLANS CHANGED OVERNIGHT
FOR NOW, OFF TO DENMARK; 2-WEEK SHOOT IN ALMERIA CUT AFTER JUST ONE WEEKBrian De Palma
left Almería on Sunday and flew to Denmark after cutting short plans to continue filming Domino
in Almería for about nine more days. According to Diario de Almería's D. Martínez
shot in the Plaza de Toros and in the port of the capital, but plans to shoot at the airport were abandoned. "Although he announced last Sunday at noon, when he received the replica of the Star, that they will probably return in late August to shoot some sequences, the truth is that something has happened so that all the shooting plans have changed overnight
," states Martínez. "The key to this change could be in certain disagreements between the different producers of the film," Martínez continues. "No one explains what happened, although everything could be on an economic issue and the lack of agreement between producers."NotiCine
today reports that filming of Domino
"broke off abruptly on Friday, according to some sources due to the abandonment of one of the co-producers, while others argue that it was a change in the production plan, which are not necessarily contradictory reasons
." Citing an article from earlier today by La Voz de Almería's Marta Rodríguez
, the NotiCine article continues:
It was said that the filming would take place in three stages of the capital - the Plaza de Toros, the Port and the Airport - and in an area of greenhouses of Adra. However, in the end they have only recorded in the first two. Spanish co-producer Antonio Pérez (Maestranza Films) told the local newspaper on Saturday that it was only a change of plans and a second unit of the team will return to the city in August to finish, but Joan Franco, coordinator of extras for the film, confirmed that from day one the rumors about the cancellation of the film were continuous in the set. "The last day was a very tense environment, because everything was known to be hanging in the balance. In the end, we were informed that the project was suspended because the Belgian company that was going to contribute part of the funds had withdrawn," he told La Vox.
One of the extras who was at the Plaza de Toros last week, Beatriz Molina Puertas
, took to Facebook yesterday
to complain that yet another film production has left Almería, chased away by the "exorbitant price". "The filming of DOMINO
has left because supposedly in addition to what was reported in the news, the airport in Almería has asked the production for a lot of money to be able to shoot in their installations and enclosure," Puertas wrote in the post. "For the exorbitant price they have decided to leave and film again at the airport in Belgium
, I say supposedly, as those are the rumors that run and tell us, it is not something that I'm inventing, apart from other reasons that are making echos in all local newspaper publications !!"
Franco then commented on Puertas' post, "What a reason you have, my friend, unfortunately there are regulations by the national and local politicians, especially in the economic area that make it impossible for high-level film companies to come to work in Spain and Almería. That's how it goes with us."
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau surprised unsuspecting Game Of Thrones fans at a Copenhagen theater yesterday-- the fans had gathered to watch the HBO series' season 7 premiere.
To finish off, here is a Google-assisted translation of an excerpt from Marta Rodríguez' article from this morning at La Voz de Almería:
Initially, the shooting in Almería of this action thriller was to take place between July 10 and 24 and to be developed in four different locations: three in the capital - the Bullring, the Port and the Airport - and one in a set of greenhouses in Adra. However, in the end they only filmed in the first two and although Antonio Pérez, producer of Maestranza Films, indicated this Saturday to LA VOZ that it is only a change of plans and a second unit of the team will return to the city in August to finish, other sources say that the project has fallen when one of the producers, the Belgians of Zilvermeer, puled out.
As explained to LA VOZ, Joan Franco, coordinator of extra for the film, hired by the Seville company CNG, from the first day rumors about the cancellation of the film were continuous on the set. "On Friday the atmosphere was especially tense, a meeting was held in high places and it was known that everything hung in a thread. In the end we were informed that the project was being suspended because the Belgian company that was going to contribute part of the funds had withdrawn, "he says.
According to Franco's story, with the passing of the days the demands of the shooting of 'Domino' were coming down because it was already foreseen that something like this could happen. Thus, of the 2,000 extras that the company CNG Casting included in its database (the tests ended up dilating for eight days) because they "were necessary", they have not called more than 350. And the cuts came to the point of removing from the script scenes of some complexity as a chase," says the extras coordinator.
Those 350 extras, Rodríguez notes, "have their fees guaranteed" -- they will be paid for their five days of filming, Franco told her.