Regions: Sildeyuir, the Yuirwood.
Racial Feats: Artist, Forester, Otherworldly, Woodwise
Racial Prestige Classes:
They were a race of elves that lived in the realm of Yuireshanyaar. Now known as the Yuirwood. They were also called the Mirthral elves because all their weapons and armor was fashioned from mithral.
Legend says they were faced with aggressive human settlers carving out homes for themselves in the ancient forest. The Star Elves decided to withdraw from Faerūn. Some say High Magic was used to spirit them away, but noone knows where.
Star elf, male
Star elf, female
In approximately -900 D.R., the Star Elves began to fear human encrouchment, and bgan construction of Sildėyuir. For about two centuries, they only slowly trickle into their extraplanar bolt hole, but finally, they abandoned the Yuirwood to the Wild Elves entirely. For two millennia, they stay separated, until recently, when a strange extraplanar threat has driven them to return to Faerun, to seek allies among their brethren.
Star Elf Characters
Star Elf Society
Language and Literacy
Abilities and Racial Features
The abilities and characteristics of the star elf are to be found in Unapproachable East and are presented here for ease of reference.
- -2 CON, +2 CHA. Star elves are frail, like other elves, but especially charismatic, and their otherworldly looks are appreciated by many.
- Type: Humanoid (extraplanar)
- Land speed 30.
- Immunity to magic sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- Low Light Vision
- Otherworldly Touch: Between sunset and sunrise a star elf confers the ghost touch abililty on any melee weapon she wields and any armor she wears, but only so long as she keeps the weapon in hand or wears the armor. Star elves have a magical affinity for starlight that gives them an unusal edge in fighting extradimionsional foes.
- Extraplanar: Star elves are not outsiders, but they are not native to faerun. Spells and effects that target extraplanar creatures affect star elves. Banaishment, dismissal, and similar effects that banish outsiders return a star elf to Sildeyuir
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks. A star elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for that door. A star elfs senses are so keen that she practically has a sixth sense about hidden portals.
- Star elves have no racial weapon proficiencies.
- Favored Class: Bard
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: by character region.
- Level Adjustment: +0
Back to D&D Creatures