Other House Plants I Have
Maranta leuconeura var. erythroneura
Sometimes called the herringbone plant it comes originally from Brazil.
Undersides of the leaves are reddish purple.
The plant seems to attract mealybug so be ready with 'digital control'.
I also have
- Calathea makoyana (Peacock plant)
- Chlorophytum (spider plant)
- Hippeatrum amarylis
- Iresine herbstii (beefsteak plant)
- Saxifraga stolonifera (Mother of thousands) with its babies on long runners
- Scindapsus aureus with it's yellow and green leaves
- Tolmiea menziesii (Piggyback plant)
SUCCULENTS AND CACTI:
This small succulent plant originally comes from Madagascar.
Originally only with red flowers, today has been hybridized to red, orange, yellow, white, and various shades of pink.
Kalanchoe tomentosa (Panda Plant)
Commonly called donkey's tail, it comes originally from Mexico and is a handsome succulent, shown off to best advantage in a hanging basket.
Rose pink flowers are a bonus, usually produced in summer.
This plant must be handled carefully as the leaves fall off easily.
I also have
- Aloe variegata (Patridge-breasted aloe)
- Aloe vera - the medicinal aloe
- Aporophyllum 'Beauty'
- Bryophyllum diagremontianum (Devil's backbone) that produces pups on its leaves
- Chamaecereus sylvestri (peanut cactus)
- Kalanchoe pumila with its foliage that looks like it has a white bloom and pink flowers
- Sedum 'Burrito'
- Adiantum (Maidenhair fern)
- Asplenium bulbiferum (hen & chicken fern)
- Davallia pyxidata (rabbit's foot fern)
- Polypodium aureum (Hare's foot fern)
Thank you for visiting my page at Angelfire.
Please come back and visit again!
Back to the Main Page