* The ROCKETS from france, a Sci-Fi 70's rock band, who played hard rock with synthesizers *
NEIL MERRYWEATHER lp ' 74
This rare lp by NEIL MERRYWEATHER from '74 'SPACE RANGERS' is said to have some glam sound to it along the lines of BOWIE, and KIM FOWLEY, he released some psych lps in the late 60s as well....
1. By sincerely cultivating the authentic spiritual science presented in the Bhagavad-gita and other Vedic scriptures, we can become free from anxiety and achieve a state of pure, unending, blissful consciousness.
2. Each of us is not the material body but an eternal spirit soul, part and parcel of God (Krsna). As such, we are all the eternal servants of Krsna and are interrelated through Him, our common father.
3. Krsna is the eternal, all-knowing, omnipresent, all-powerful, and all-attractive Personality of Godhead. He is the seed-giving father of all living beings and the sustaining energy of the universe. He is the source of all incarnations of God, including Lord Buddha and Lord Jesus Christ.
4. The Vedas are the oldest scriptures in the world. The essence of the Vedas is found in the Bhagavad-gita, a literal record of Krsna's words spoken five thousands years ago in India. The goal of Vedic knowledge-and of all religions-is to achieve love of God.
5. We can perfectly understand the knowledge of self-realization through the instructions of a genuine spiritual master-one who is free from selfish motives, who teaches the science of God explained in the Bhagavad-gita, and whose mind is firmly fixed in meditation on Krsna.
6. All that we eat should first be offered to Lord Krsna with a prayer. In this way Krsna accepts the offering and blesses it for our purification.
7. Rather than living in a self-centered way, we should act for the pleasure of Lord Krsna. This is known as bhakti-yoga, the science of devotional service.
8. The most effective means for achieving God consciousness in this Age of Kali, or quarrel, is to chant the holy names of the Lord: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
CHILDREN of the NIGHT 45 '76 !
this band were a horror rock band according to a 70s glam fan from ebay, however allmusic.com says their lp in '77 was not at all serious, and the band were just kidding around, we'll leave this small review of this single from a fan
CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT - dinner with drac / transylvania 7"
CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT are cool 70s HORROR SHOCK GLAM ROCK. "Dinner With Drac" has cool horror vocal and nice heavy guitar, while B side "Transylvania" is more HORROR ACID GLAM ROCK with cool acid guitar breaks. Well, typical 70s trash glam product - you love it or you hate it. I think it's very bizarre and SUPERCOOL. I guess CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT are UK band. This 7" is released in 1976.