Cannabis FiberACHIEVING A SUSTAINABLE PLANET!
* Hemp is among the earth's primary renewable resources: trees cut down to make paper take 50 to 500 years to grow back while hemp can be cultivated in as little as 100 days, and can yield 4 times more paper over a 20 year period.
* Hemp does not require pesticides: while half the pollutants in the U.S. today are sprayed on cotton plants, hemp is naturally mildew resistant, requires no pesticides, and maintains a healthy environment for the surrounding streams, air, flora andfauna.
* Hemp slows ozone depletion: the industrial use of fossil fuels, like petroleum, contributes to global warming by rapidly increasing the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere; however, hemp fuels, derived from the plant itself, maintain the earth's natural O2/CO2 balance.
* Hemp Paper Can Save the Forests! One acre of cannabis hemp, in annual rotation over a twenty year period would produce asmuch pulp for paper as 4.1 acres of trees being cut down over the same twenty year period. And while hemp reaches full growth and can be harvested every year, the trees which are cut down take hundreds of years to return. The process of making paper from hemp uses only 1/5 to 1/7 as much polluting, sulfer-based chemicals and does not require the use of any chlorine bleach.
* Hemp as an Ecological, Renewable Fuel Source. Hemp can also produce 10 times more methanol than corn,. the second best living fuelsource. Hemp as fuel is renewable whereas oil is not.
* Hemp as fuel is environmentally beneficial: It enriches and prevents erosions, it burns clean and sulfur-free while oil's sulfur content causes acid rain.
Grass on Wheels
Salient Facts: Biodegradable Cars
From the Ground Up Fords Biomass Car
Digging and Warring for Fossil Fuels while Hempcar Tours America!
Environment; Action on Dioxins in Food.
The Toxic Alternative to Natural Fiber
The Elkhorn Manifesto
Cannabis Hemp: The Invisible Prohibition Revealed
The Emporer Wears No Cloths by Jack Herer
NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP-Popular Mechanics-February, 1938
Fibre Plants-Hemp Childrens Encyclopedia 1909;pp.321-324
USA Korpses Khemical Klans
Cannabis Stalks for Fuel
Electric Emporer Wears No Cloths
Go-Green - Plug In To Renewable Power
Facts & Information for the Pulp & Paper Industry
THE OIL WAR OF 1872
Monsanto and the drug war
The Chemical Manipulation of Human Consciousness
Survey On The Use Of Crop Chemicals On Tobacco
Hemp For Victory
Transcript of the U.S. Government 1942 pro hemp film
By the US Department of Agriculture -- 1942 -
Hemp for Victory Links
Hemp for Victory Info/Links
HEMP FOR VICTORY! actual screen shots from the USDA film
HEMP, THE PLANT THAT CAN SAVE MOTHER EARTH
"Encyclopedia of Textiles" 3rd Edition by the editors of "American Fabrics and Fashions Magazine," William C. Legal, Publisher Prentice- Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, N.J. 1980;"The Emergence of Industrial America Strategic Factors in American Economic Growth Since 1870," Peter George, State University, NY; "DuPont" (a corporate autobiography published periodically by E.I. DuPont De Nemours and Co., Inc. Wilmington, DE);"The Blasting Handbook," E.I. DuPont De Nemours & Co. Inc., Wilmington, DE; "Mechanical Engineering Magazine," Feb. 1938; "Popular Mechanics," Feb. 1938; "Journal of Applied Polymer Science," Vol. 47, 1984; "Polyamides, the Chemistry of Long Molecules" (author unknown) U.S. Patent #2,071,250 (Feb. 16, 1937), W.H. Carothers;"DuPont Dynasties," Jerry Colby;"The American Peoples Encyclopedia," the Sponsor Press, Chicago, 1953.
Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do
Part V: WHAT TO DO?
HEMP FOR VICTORY
HEMP INDUSTRY: ENDLESS VARIETY YET HIGH QUALITY!
Hemp is durable: compared with cotton fibers, hemp fibers are longer, more absorbent and tougher; and hemp paper resists decomposition...
Presently, farmers in over 30 countries -- including Canada, France, England, Germany, Japan, and Australia -- grow hemp for industrial purposes.
Continued: OPEC Fossil Fiber vs Homegrown Hemp