Good drinks for the winter
Winter warm cider:
In a large cup, put all the ingredients and mix. Heat 1 ½ to 2 minutes in the microwave and enjoy. It can also be prepared in a pan.
1 ½ tsp. sugar (8ml)
1 cinnamon stick
12 oz Original cider (355ml)
In a wine glass, put all the ingredients and mix. Garnish with fruit (apple wedges, strawberries, oranges, etc.) and serve. It can also be prepared in a pitcher.
1 oz of field fruit juice (30ml)
1 oz of orange juice (30ml)
12 oz of your favorite cider (355ml)
5-6 ice cubes
Pour the Cider halfway in a glass, then gently pour the Guinness or black beer on a reversed spoon over the cider in order to settle it delicately. Enjoy!
6 onces of original cider
6 onces of Guinness or black beer
If you like cider and you’re in South Carolina, visit Carolina Cider. You won’t be disappointed.
California Pizza Recipe
Although it cannot be claimed that California has its entirely original native cuisine, the emphasis in cooking is on the abundance of fresh local produce, and the characteristic feature of a California pizza is the palette of vegetables added in the topping. This is a single serving pizza, with greenery often sprinkled on top, such as alfalfa sprouts or sliced avocado, to lend freshness to the final taste and flavor.Furthermore, the typical wheat dough used for a delicious California pizza is whole wheat dough, which is another factor in favor of the health beneficence.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
For the dough:
- Slightly more than one cup of warm water
- Dry yeast - slightly more than two teaspoons
- Honey - 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- All purpose or whole wheat flour - 4 cups, plus some more for the kneading
- Kosher salt - 2 teaspoons
For the topping:
- Half a cup of pizza sauce
- Slightly steamed broccoli - half a cup
- Chopped artichoke hearts - half a cup
- Sliced black olives - less than half a cup
- Sliced tomato
- Green pepper rings
- Red pepper rings
- Combine the water, yeast, olive oil and honey in a mixer bowl. Add 3 cups of flour, the salt, fit a dough hook and mix. In the course of the mixing, add one more cup of flour, or enough of it to achieve a soft dough.
- Knead the dough at medium speed for 10 minutes, until it becomes smooth. Then turn it onto a floured board and start kneading by hand. The dough should become elastic.
- Put it in an oiled bowl and sprinkle with oil on all over, turning it around. Cover the bowl with kitchen towel and leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Then divide the dough into six equal parts, rolled in smooth balls. Put the balls on baking paper and cover with a wet towel, then leave for 10 minutes. The balls can be refrigerated for about four hours.
- Prior to using chilled dough, after taking out of the fridge allow it to rest for 30 minutes at room temperatures. Each ball is rolled into a circle and put on baking paper sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Preheat the Californo pizza oven to 425 F.
- Put the rolled out dough in an oiled pizza pan. The edges should be pushed up to form a rim.
- Spread the sauce on the dough. Arrange the vegetables on the sauce, with the tomatoes and peppers on the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the dough crust is brown and crisp.
- Deli chopped ham or mushrooms, or other ingredients which are available in the fridge, can add to the richness of a California pizza.
- A peeled and sliced avocado, as well as a cup of alfalfa sprouts are also popular additions to California pizza, sprinkled on top of the ready baked pizza.
Click here if you'd like to know more about good cider recipes, pizza recipes and more.