SSANGGYESA - KOREA
Ssanggyesa was founded by two priest, Sambop and Daebi, in 723. They brought the remains (or embalmed head) of Master Hyeneung, the Sixth Patriarch of the Zen sect, from China. Sambop had a dream in which an elderly monk instructed him placed the remains "in a fragrant valley where the flowers of arrow root blooms under the snow." The temple was lost during the Imjinwaeran (Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592), and what stands today is the restored remains of the temple.