The entrance to the crypt with the inscriptions over it "God grant them eternal rest" and "The Crucifix Chapel at the New Crypt". The chapel was first mentioned in relation to Mozart's burial in the infamous 1856 Vienna Morgen-Post article. Joseph Deiner, the central narrator in the article, did actually exist and died on 29 May 1823. His alleged version of events gave rise to the fable of the storm which prevented mourners accompanying Mozart's funeral cortege. Most of the inaccuracies in the story can be traced back to earlier accounts of Mozart's final days, where incorrect details were recorded by Niemetschek, Suard (after Cramer), Nissen and in a magazine article published in Graz on 18 January 1792.