Better than paper towels
and a lot less expensive...
Coffee filters .... Who knew! And you can
buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing even the large ones.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome... Coffee filters are
lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee
filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the
cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee
filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil
through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients
in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient
wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot.
Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil
from going through&nb sp; the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or
two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax
eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters..
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French
fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out
all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as
an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into
shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in
to put in soups and stews.
18. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add
fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when
cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.. Saves on having extra
bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the
coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic
baggie until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers.
Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters
in phone book..
25. Use as a disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn, chips, etc.
OH YEAH THEY ARE GREAT TO USE
IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS TOO.