Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Full Moon: Rage of the Wolf

By White Luster Soldier and Torn Angel Fighter

DISCLAIMER: This is a Sailor Moon fanfic. All the original Sailor Senshi are property of the great Naoko Takeuchi. Any other characters we do own so please do not use without our permission. Also, in this fiction, there is a chapter depicting vocal performances of songs by major artists. A separate disclaimer will be written before that particular chapter. We are Not making ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS so please don't sue us.

Chapter Three: The Truth is Stranger than Science Fiction

As Lita and Leon walked out of the bar, Lita asks him, “Where are we going?”
“We are heading over to the balcony overlooking the ocean.” Leon replied. “I find it easier to think and converse when I am surrounded by nature.”
The walk was silent. When they got to the balcony, Leon leaned forward against the rail.
“What I am going to tell you is strictly confidential; is only information that Garou know. In fact, it is forbidden for a Garou to talk with mundane humans.”
Lita moved beside him, “Then why are you telling me?”
“Cause I have the feeling that you are not a mundane human. As for your friends, I sense that they are also more then what they seem. I feel I can trust you. All of you.”
“I felt the same way when I walked in that bar. At least about being more than what they seem.”
“It’s true. Most of them are Garou as I am. If I may ask, why didn’t you go nuts like your friends did when I changed into Crinos form?”
“Nani?” She stares at him puzzled.
“Oh I’m sorry, I forgot. You see werewolves don’t just change from man to wolf-man. There are actually many stages of transformation. There’s homid, or human; crinos, the half-man/half-wolf battle form; and Lupis, the wolf form. In the middle are Glabros, the near man; and Hispo, the near wolf.”
“I think I get it. Tell me more.”
“First tell me why you didn’t freak out.”
Lita looked over at the water with a sorrowful expression. “I really don’t know why.
Leon thinks to himself, “I have to find out why. (Breaths deeply) I thought so.”
Lita felt his warm breath on her neck. “What are you doing?” as she turns her head towards him.
“Gomen nasai, I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable. If I may ask another question, who are your parents?”
Lita’s face darkens and Leon knew that was the wrong question. “Once again, I apologize. I understand it’s just that… it’s quite possible that one of your parents was a Garou.”
“That’s nuts! I can’t be a were… Garou!”
“I didn’t say that you were, “ Leon replied coolly. “Garou breeds like anything else. But the tricky part is that the Garou gene is so recessive that only one in ten children born of Garou blood actually become Garou themselves.”
“What does that have to do with it?”
“Well children born of Garou descent who are actually not Garou are called kinfolk. They are immune to the Delirium but not immune to the Rage.”
Lita opened her mouth to speak but Leon continued. “The Delirium is an instinctual terror that humans have of Garou. A terror so strong that it overrides the way that a person would normally react under stress.”
“Wow, but how can you tell when a person is a kinsfolk.”
“Well Lita when I bent down to your neck, I wasn’t coming on to you. Garou have a very acute sense of smell. Especially those born as wolves. I was taking in your scent and I could smell that you have Garou blood in you. I am positive that you are kinsfolk.’
“Born as wolves?”
“Yes, Garou breed with wolves as well as with humans. In fact, my mother was a wolf.”
Lita’s jaw dropped.
Leon looks down. “There are some instances where Garou breed with each other though that is forbidden. While the children are born in Crinos, they are deformed and are often insane.”
“Gees, being a Garou must be tough. But what is Rage.”
“Have you ever found yourself becoming very angry for almost no reason? Maybe impulsively taking actions based on your emotions more often then others that you know.”
Lita’s eyes widened. She knew exactly how that felt.
Leon nodded knowingly. “That is Rage.”
Lita took a moment to take all this in.
“Would you like to sit down?” Leon said pointing to a nearby bench.
Lita nodded. Leon put a hand on her shoulder assuring as they walked over.
“Oh cr@p.” Says Artemis, who was hiding under that bench.
There was silence between them for a while, then Lita speaks, “I know what you are and what I am… but what are the Fomor and why do you fight them?”
Leon looked thoughtful. “It’s not just the Fomori, plural term anyways, but a bunch of other enemies as well. They are all agents of an entity called the Wyrm. It is said in the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth, and then created the Triad to keep things running smoothly. The triad consisted of Gaia, the Weaver, and the Wyrm. Gaia would create, Wyrm would destroy what needed to be, and Weaver spun order. Somewhere along the line, the Weaver betrayed the Triad and tried to stagnant the whole world. The Wyrm got trapped in the Weaver’s web and went insane. It now wants to destroy everything. The Garou are the defenders of Gaia. We were chosen to prevent the Wyrm from destroying everything. That is why we fight.”
“And what’s the deal with these Origins?”
Leon sighed, “Once the Garou was one tribe. However, over stupid squabbles over this and that, there are now 13 tribes of Garou. I am a Silver Fang. The one who was giving you trouble at the bar was a Shadow Lord.”
“Greek to me Pal.”
“It’s cool. Even the Garou themselves don’t learn everything the first day.” Leon turned towards the horizon, which was turning magenta and crimson. “Ah, the sun’s setting how peaceful.”
“Yes,” said Lita as she looked towards the sky. “Wish we could stay and watch it, but it’s getting late and I want you to meet the rest of the Scouts.”
Leon chuckled. “Sailor Scouts, they do exist.”
Lita smiled. “You know about two hours ago I would have said the same thing about Garou.”
“Shall we go?” Leon grins.
‘Yeah,” Lita quickly whips out her communicator from a secret pocket. “Hi, Amy. It’s Lita. I’m bringing a friend over.”
While Lita was talking, Leon sniffed the air and chuckled. Below the bench, Artemis was shaking in terror, “I don’t like the sound of that.”
“Where is Artemis?” the voice said from the communicator.
Leon stretched and quickly made a grab under the bench. “Right here,” he said as he held up a terrified white cat.
“Let-me-go! Let-me-go! Let-me-go!” The cat screeched.
Lita turned, as Leon looked Artemis straight in the eye. “You’re a lively one, aren’t ya? Never seen a talking cat before.”
Artemis realized it was no use struggling. “Hi. You’re not gonna eat me, are you?”
Leon chuckled, “Wouldn’t dream of it.”
Artemis sighed with relief. “You sure did give me a scare.”
“Serves you right for following us, Artemis.” She turns to Leon, “I supposed you smelled he was there.’
“Quite right,” he said as he placed the cat down, which quickly darted away to a safe distance.
--------------------------------------------------------------

The other scouts hadn’t fared so well during the day. They asked around everywhere but no one was talking. None of their usual sources knew anything about Fomor. And for once, Amy’s computer provided no information whatsoever. At one time, Raye actually had to restrain Amy from tossing it out the window. At about 5 pm, they decided to take a break. They decided to rent some movies, make some popcorn and go to Mina’s house because she has a big screen TV. When they got there, Amy got the call from Lita. Everyone gathered around.
“What do you mean you’re bringing a friend over?”
“Well, there’s this guy here who knows the information we need.’
“Is this friend who we think it is?” Mina slyly questions.
“Don’t worry everything’s under control. Where are you guys? ”
“We’re at Mina’s house. Are you Sure everything’s all right.”
“You bet.”
“Okay. Where’s Artemis?”
It was then that Artemis’ howls were heard over the line. The Scouts froze until Artemis started talking normally again.
“Serves you right for following us Artemis…”
It was what she said next, that puzzled the Scouts. After the COM link ended, Amy looked up. “Heightened senses is that possible?”
“Anything’s possible at this point,” shrugged Rini.
“There is nothing we can do at this point. After all, he’s probably on our side. Let’s just enjoy our movie.”
They had only been watching the movie for a half hour when Lita let herself in along with Artemis and Leon. When the Scouts saw Leon, they showed no fear as they had the day before.
“Nice to see you again,” Leon said extending his fingers in a half salute. He smiled kindly which put everyone at ease.
“See guys, he’s not so bad. He’s actually got a pretty interesting story to tell.”
“Hi.” Rini gave a cute smile, “He actually seems nice.”
“Hi.” The rest echoed.
“Well, let’s hear this story,” said a muffled voice from under the couch.
“Luna, he doesn’t eat cats.” Artemis jeered.
“I’m still not coming out. It’s um quite comfortable under here. Achoo!” Luna sneezed.
“Oh come on, Luna,” Serena said as she pulled out a dusty black cat.
She looked at Mina. “When was the last time you cleaned under this couch?”
“Umm…”
Then everyone looked at Lita and Leon, but what they saw was the hulking wolf-man they had tried so hard to forget. “AHHHH!!!!!!!!!” screaming Scouts, threw the cat and popcorn up in the air.
“Why me?” Luna asked while she was thrown up in the air.
Lita on the other hand was laughing hysterically. The screaming was short-lived.
“Don’t do that!” they all shouted.
Leon shifted back into Homid. “I apologized.” He smiled softly, “I just wanted to make sure that if I’m fighting beside you, you won’t freak out again when I’m in Crinos form, the battle form you just saw. I must say with all the battle experience you have, it did wonders for your mental endurance.”
“Ya well thanks a lot,” Muttered Raye. “Give us fair warning next time. For now we’ll just sit here and have nice little heart attacks.”
A cathead rose out from a pile of popcorn. “Can we just have that story, please?”
--------------------------------------------------------------

After Leon told the Scouts about his kind and what he was doing, the Scouts were now accustomed to Leon. In fact, they had a great time watching the rest of the movie, cracking jokes during the movie. At the end of the night, Leon said goodnight/good-bye to everyone and left. As he started to walk home, Lita came out and said, “You’re not walking home are you?”
“Yeah. I could never figure out home to drive those contraptions,” he said pointing to the passing cars.
“How far is it?”
Leon shrugs, “About 4 miles, but I can do in an hour.”
“An Hour,” Lita repeated.
Yeah
Lita shook her head smiling, “As much as I’d like to see someone do that, I’d rather give you a ride home. My car is in the garage.
I don’t know. Moving on wheels seems so… unnatural.
“Please?”
Leon looked downcast for a moment, seemingly in deep thought. “I’m sorry Lita. I’ll be fine really.
Krystal watched the two with interest. “They are totally starting to fall in love just like my favorite romance novels. All they need is a little help.”
--------------------------------------------------------------

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” A young Leon shouted. He saw his mentor tossed to the ground bleeding. He could hardly recognize his mentor. Leon ran and knelt near the older Garou’s side. It was his mentor. “Albrecht. Please get up we have to defeat this thing. You have to be all right.
Albrecht turned as much as the pain would allow. “Do not fear… Young Leon. Though I am… dying… we will meet one another again… in the … future. You must remember… You can… ” His sentence was cut short.
Leon closed his eyes. He then looked upon the creature that had killed his mentor. It was man-like but with cold, violet eyes, and snake-like hair. From his shoulders, rose nightmarish sickles and blades protruded from his forearms. Somehow, this creature was controlling the fabric of reality. The Rage built within him. He reached out and grabbed his mentor’s sword. Standing up slowly, he swung the blade in an arc as if he were issuing a challenge. The creature laughed with the sound of organs grinding.
“NO, LEON, RUN!” It was Albrecht’s sister, Ella.
“Ella, get out of here. It is too dangerous.” Leon shouted to her.
Ella ran to him anyway. “Please you must escape.”
“No Ella. I can’t this is my duty. I must stay, but because I love you, you must go live on.”
It was just at that moment that the creature firing a blast of raw energy at them. Ella faulted and threw herself in its path shielding Leon. Time seemed to slow down. Leon caught Ella but it made no difference. The others were leaving but he couldn’t break away. He couldn’t feel. It was as if he had also died. In the back of his mind, Leon remembered Albrecht saying something about losing the wolf. He screamed into the night sky. When he looked back down however, he was holding another woman in his arms
“Lita” he said softly. He started to scream again.
--------------------------------------------------------------

“No, Merciful Gaia, NOOO!!” Leon Screamed as he sat up in bed drenched with sweat. Breathing hard, it took him a few moments to remember where and when he was.
“The same nightmare. The same d@mn nightmare.” Leon had fallen asleep in his clothes. With effort, he got up and went to the bathroom in his apartment. After running cool water on his face, he went into the living room and picked up his jacket. On his way out the door, he stopped by a large ornamental sword. Running his hand over the sheath, he closed his eyes.
“Albrecht, my dear mentor I remember, I remember that I can never fall in love, Ella taught me that.” With that, he slung his jacket over his shoulder and headed out to the bar, despite the fact that it was midnight.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Krystal realizes she has her work cut out for her. She never realized his problems ran so deep. Now all she had to do was ask the Council to tell her everything that they neglected to mention about him.

Next Chapter 4: An Angel’s Mischief...
If you have any comments or questions about what you've read, please e-mail us at Saturnhotoru@yahoo.com and thank you for reading this fanfic!!!