Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Full Moon: Rage of the Wolf

DISCLAIMER: Hello. This is a fanfic about Sailor Moon. It takes place 3 years after the end of the entire series. The entire inner Senshi are 19 years of age, Darien is 24, and Rini is 8. We had to guess Rini's age cause when she's consistently traveling back and forth through time; it's somewhat impossible to determine her actual age. We didn't include the outer Senshi, too many characters to keep track of. But first and foremost, we do NOT own the characters such as Darien, Serena, Lita, Luna, etc. All the original Sailor Senshi are property of the great Naoko Takeuchi. However, Krystal Sanada is owned by Torn Angel Fighter and White Luster Soldier created Leon Kincaid with a little help from Werewolf: the Apocalypse, second edition; a role-playing system by White Wolf Game Studios. The enemies in the fiction are also from this system. Also, in this fiction, there is a chapter depicting vocal performances of songs by major artists. A separate disclaimer will be written before that particular chapter. We are Not making ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS so please don't sue us.

Chapter One: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

"Hey, come on! We're going to miss the inauguration!" shouted Serena, who was running top speed through Tokyo Park towards the podium.
"That's a fine one coming from the Queen of Procrastination!” Raye shouted after her.
Serena stopped and faced Raye, who also stopped a step away from her. "I've gotten better," she retorted, "when was the last time I was late?"
"Just yesterday!” Raye shot back, "We waited a half an hour for you in front of the Smile D.K. concert. And the day before that you were late for the meeting, AGAIN!"
"But we don't have much to meet about anyway." Serena stated.
"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!"
Serena looked towards Darien, "Shut her up, will you please Darien?"
"Do I have to, Serena?" sighed Darien as he walked past.
"DARIEN!" pouted Serena, hands on her hips.
"Will you two stop acting like children," scowled Amy, "for once we're on schedule for something and you two have to hold us up by fighting." She walked by in a huff.
"Mina?” Serena asked.
"Sorry, but Amy's right. Ooh! There's a cute guy over there.” Mina trounced off.
"Lita?” Serena was at her usual whine now.
"Pipe down, Serena. I want to see this too. There's something about the new mayor I don't trust."
Serena and Raye just stared at each other, face to face, until Rini pulled on Serena's arm.
"Come on, Mom, you're making a scene."
Both Serena and Raye looked around and sweat-dropped. EVERYONE was staring at them. One toddler was on the verge of tears. Raye quickly walked toward the podium.
"Hey! Wait up!” Serena chased after her.
Lita had broken off from the group and found her own place in the back of the crowd. "Finally, some action I hope”
It was true. For the three years after their fight with Galaxia, no real enemies had surfaced. The sailor scouts had decided to become a "secondary police force" as Amy had put it. But with their level of power compared to the common street thugs, things had gotten pretty boring.
Everyone had grown in his or her own way. Serena and Darien had started living together. Darien had taken to racing his motorcycle, while Serena was now managing the video arcade, and had become a princess in a way she wasn't supposed to.
Amy had married Greg, and they both work as data analysts in a government facility. Still no kids, but they planned on it when things got less hectic.
Mina works as a singer in a nightclub and had become the female version of a "player". Raye took over the duties of running the temple after Grandpa Hino passed a year ago, and still had Chad wrapped around her little finger.
Rini is in middle school and is doing quite well. Amy had figured if she didn't have her own kid right now to teach quadratic formulas to, she'd just borrow Serena's child.
And then there was herself. Lita took a job as a bouncer at the place Mina worked. It was fun actually, tossing guys out on their rear ends. That was the one thing she had given up on... men. Nothing good ever came out of it. Or so she thought. She turned her attention back to the event.
Everyone in the crowd seemed happy enough, all except one other person besides herself. There was a man in the crowd who kept checking his watch and becoming increasingly more agitated. He was leaning against a tree, muttering and fidgeting with a pen. He never clicked it, just wiggled it between his fingers. Occasionally he would unscrew the top a little and quickly screw it back in. It wasn't long before Lita noticed him. It seemed her eyes were drawn to him.
He was blonde, but whenever he moved his hair a certain way, it seemed almost a silverish white. It was cut shorter in the back, but the top hung forward over the front in a slight part. He had a moderately muscular build. Around his neck, he had on a gold cross necklace and wore a black t-shirt with white pants with red strips running down the sides. He had black boots and a black belt. Over the t-shirt, he had on a red jacket with a single blue stripe on the sleeves, which were rolled up, and gray shoulder patches. White fingerless gloves covered his hands.
It was then she noticed that old feeling coming back. Self-consciously she felt her cheeks flush and her eyes focused on him in that dreamy stare. "He looks just like my old boyfriend,” she breathed. At the same time she thought "Dang it, why now? I thought I was done with this." It was then he looked over and his piercing blue eyes met hers.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Leon had been waiting for this moment. He was going to expose the existence of the Wyrm to those ignorant humans that were accepting this phony. He loved the humans, though the rest of his kind felt that the humans were nothing more than obstacles to the recovery of nature. Even his other pack mates felt the humans should be slaughtered. This was mainly from the Red Talon tribe rising to power. They were waiting for the right moment, which bought him some time.
"Kind of funny, how I still am fighting the Wyrm, but I am undermining my own kind as well. I'm so alone. Still, I'll have no part in the destruction of humans. God put the Garou on Earth to protect and guide the humans. It's not our fault we weren't good enough,” he thought as he checked his detonator again. "This should fix that new mayor and his Fomori goons." He quickly screwed the top back on and glared at the mayor. "Soon people will see you for what you really are." He glanced around the crowd and his eyes fell on a beautiful young woman.
She was a stunning, tall brunette with her hair tied back with a green beaded barrette. She was wearing a fancy sleeveless green top with gold seams, and dark blue pants. She was looking at him strangely, almost as if she was high or something. He couldn't smell any drugs in the area though, especially not from her direction.
"Could she... a crush or something? No that couldn't be it,” he thought. He gave her a soft smile, which was returned. Then he realized something. The mission. "Sh@#!" he thought. "I have to concentrate.” He snapped his head up. The bodyguards were up to something. They were sweeping the crowd and whispering to each other. He knew he was running out of time. "Come on, hurry up and finish your speech, I don't want to start the battle early."
--------------------------------------------------------------

Fortunately, the new mayor was just finishing up his speech. "And I promise that all of our resources will be directed to bettering the city and all humankind." There was applause, but then a loud voice from the crowd.
“Yeah, right! Considering you're not even human to begin with Fomori! It's too bad these sheep are too blind to see it!”
It was Leon. Lita's eyes widened as he deliberately clicked the pen, and then gasped as a hissing sound came from the stage.
"It's a good thing the bodyguards are still up there.” Leon thought.
Lita watched as a greenish gas enveloped the mayor, his bodyguards, and a small portion of the front audience. When the smoke cleared the mayor and his bodyguards had turned into these pale, wrinkled, zombie-looking things, but the audience caught in the gas remained unchanged. The entire crowd cleared out except for the scouts, Darien, and Leon. Lita just stared at Leon with a look that said, "How could you?" and “What is going on?” at the same time.
"Almost everyone is gone.” Leon thought, "Just that girl and the six over there. I'm not supposed to shift forms in front of humans, but right now I have no choice." He concentrated and a primal snarl escaped his lips as his clothes began to turn into silvery fur. He grew in height and build. Claws were forming on his hands and feet. His face developed wolf-like features and his eyes had turned a crimson red. His snarl turned into an eerie howl.
Lita watched in amazement, but thought, "Ok, ne-e-ver mind the old boyfriend thing."
The other scouts didn't fare so well. Upon first sight of the werewolf, Mina booked it out of the park as fast as her legs could carry her, dodging trees and screaming, "IT'S GONNA EAT ME, IT'S GONNA EAT ME!!” the whole way.
Amy had dashed over to a table, overturned it and was peering intently from behind it; babbling to the point of hyperventilation. "It must be a new species, the missing link, genetic experiment gone horribly wrong, some strange mutation...”
Rini just started backing away, talking and laughing hysterically at times. "You aren't real, you can't be! Someone spike my ice cream, ha, ha. That must be it. Ha, ha, ha, Very funny, guys."
Serena had fallen backward to the ground and was pleading with the werewolf. "Don't hurt me, I'm too young to die. I'll buy you all the steaks you can eat, just let me go."
Raye was stiff as a board and her face could not hide the terror she felt, though she managed to maintain some level of composure. "I don't want to fight you, leave us alone, no one has to get hurt here."
And Darien...the mighty earth prince... had collapsed into a fetal ball, sucking his thumb and whimpering incessantly.
Leon looked at the group and growled. "There's no time for chit chat, I've got work to do." With that, he went on the offensive. Growling, he rushed past the first two Fomori, slashing with his claws. He stopped three paces away from them saying, "Garou Battle Art: Open Wounds." Blood gushed from the wounds he had inflicted and the Fomori fell to their knees and dropped to the ground. Just then, Leon heard a voice in his head.
“Look out behind you! There are three of them!”
Instinctively, he somersaulted ten feet through the air saying "Garou Battle Art: Leap of the Kangaroo." At the height of his jump, he turned and threw something. "Hah!" In fact, it was three things. In the next instant, the three Fomori were clutching at long thin objects imbedded in their chests attached to wires. Leon landed and gave the wires a vehement pull. The wires disengaged and the objects still imbedded in the Fomori's chests ignited, setting them on fire. He looked back "Two rooks, two bishops, and the queen, there's only five more pawns, plus the king."
"Wow!” Lita thought. "Whoever this guy is, he just took out five guys in eight seconds! Still, I want to help." She tried to snap her friends out of their states.
"C'mon you guys, get up! Grrr, I'll do it myself!" She held her transformation pen high in the air. "JUPITER STAR POWER!" In a flash, she was Sailor Jupiter. "All right, LET'S GO!" she shouted, throwing herself into the battle.
Leon didn't know what to make of this, but just grinned as well as he could in Crinos form and thought, "If my brethren could only see this, I'm sure they'd change their minds about humans. But still, where did she get this power?" Then he resumed his attack.
"These things are like zombies!" she exclaimed. Lita was throwing all of her martial arts skills at the thing in front of her, but no matter how hard she hit the thing, it just kept getting back up. She needed a more direct approach.
She crossed her arms and gathered energy into her tiara. The Fomori saw the electricity crackling as it charged up and hesitated. It had never seen this attack before. Jupiter let loose her attack, shouting, "JUPITER THUNDER DRAGON!" A dragon made out of electricity fired toward the Fomori. It only had time to let out an inhuman scream as it was literally fried, still screaming as it fell back and lay still. Then she heard the sirens. "D@#N! We're going to have to take them out all at once. Then she heard a voice.
“Listen to me. You must join forces with the werewolf. Only then will the monsters be defeated.”
She had an idea. "Hey wolf-guy! See if you can centralize the enemy!"
Leon looked at her quizzically at first, the barked, "Roger!" Leon concentrated, and made symbols in the air with his hands.
"What's he doing?” Lita wondered.
Leon suddenly brought his hands together saying, "Garou Battle Art: The Living Wood." The trees around them came to life. Their roots rose up from the ground, some pushing the Fomori by whipping them, while others trapped them to the ground when they were in position.
"Alright! Here goes." shouted Lita. "JUPTER…” she starts as her hand comes up to the side, and then she spins in a circle with electric oak leaves coming out from all over her body, calling out: “OAK EVOLUTION!" The Fomori were rocked by the hits and all collapsed, sizzling like bacon.
"Who are you?" asked Lita before de-transforming.
Leon sniffed the air. He looked over and whined. "In time, sorry." Then he shrunk and reformed into a pure white wolf and took off into the foliage.
It took about twenty minutes for everyone to recover to the point of rationality. They all were somewhat dazed and were staggering around. The police arrived and were asking many questions to those people remaining. Lita knew that whoever this wolf-man was, he needed his identity kept secret. She kept making excuses on not really seeing anything. She even clocked an officer who was badgering Rini. She was glad the Police Chief came and broke it up, then ordered the others to head back to the station.
After they left, he gave Lita his card and asked her to call him if she remembered anything. Lita felt as if the chief knew more than he was letting on. But she was worried about poor Mina, so she let it go.
Amy was handing out aspirin to everyone from her bag. Lita broke the silence.
"We have to find Mina. She's probably still very frightened, if not in a straight-jacket by now."
"I'd rather find a big bottle of Thorazine,” Darien spoke, "I think I've gone nuts!"
Lita gave him a look that said, "Open that mouth again and I'll clobber you."
Amy spoke up, however. "Shut up, Darien. Mass Hallucination only occurs when all individuals involved are under narcotic influence. What we saw was real."
Raye spoke next. "I wonder if Mina's ok."
With that, they all left. But no one noticed was a pair of blue eyes peering out from the bushes.
When the scouts were out of sight, Leon, still in lupus form, emerged from the bushes. He sniffed at the cups the scouts had used. "They smell familiar, especially the brunette, who are they?" he thought.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Quickly jumping down from her hiding spot, a young girl with golden blonde hair quickly left the park. Thinking to herself, she reflected on everything she had just witnessed.
“Wow. That was an awesome battle! I can’t believe they actually acknowledged my suggestions and advice. It shall be interesting to see how Leon reacts to that girl when she continues to help him. Who knows maybe I can play matchmaker.” Laughing to herself as she vanishes into a dark alleyway.

The scouts hadn't gotten fifteen minutes down the street when Mina bounced up to them.
"Hey guys! What did you think of the movie they were filming at the park? Weren't the special effects great? Fooled me pretty good. I'd lo-o-ve to meet the actor that plays the werewolf..."
Lita cut her off. "Mina, accept it, that was not movie shoot."
Mina looked like she was going to panic again. "Lita don't kid like that." She looked around the group, but only got sorrowful nods. She sat down on a nearby bench. "We have faced worse monsters than that, so why did we all spasm out?"
"Correction.” Amy said calmly. "Why in the world did everyone but Lita freak out?" All eyes were on Lita now.
"Th-that guy wasn't that bad,” stammered Lita. She didn't understand it herself. "Besides I don't think he was the enemy."
"But what about that gas?” stated Raye. "He clearly set it off and it turned everyone into those things."
"Not necessarily.” Amy spoke up again. If it were true that the gas turned humans into monsters, why didn't it affect the crowd as well? It's not entirely impossible that the mayor and his bodyguards were monsters in the first place. That gas may have been meant to reveal their true identities."
Lita noticed that Mina was starting to hyperventilate. "Guys, I'm taking Mina home. I have to call the club and tell them we can't work tonight. We'll have to continue this discussion tomorrow at the temple. And Raye?"
"Yeah Lita"
"You might want to prepare for that sacred fire thing you do."
"Ok."
With that, Lita flagged down a taxicab and guided Mina to it. The rest of the scouts nodded to each other and went their separate ways.

Next Chapter 2: Seek and You Shall Find...

If you have any comments or questions about what you've read, please e-mail us at Saturnhotoru@yahoo.com and thank you for reading this fanfic!!!