Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Stay Out Of My Kitchen!

by V-Babe

Uli dashed through the house, slashing at almost everything with an imaginary sword.

“I am Uli of the Wind!” he shouted. “Fear me, Talpa! Yaaaaa!”

Mia just rolled her eyes. She almost wished Talpa would challenge the brat. Then she could be rid of him.

As Uli continued his “quest into the darkness”, a delicious aroma caught his nostrils.

“Hey!” he exclaimed. “Those have got to be…” Making his way to the kitchen, Uli discovered what the aroma was coming from: resting on cooling racks were about five dozen of Cye’s chocolate chip cookies.

“Uli of the wind has found his prize!” Uli said to himself. Looking around and seeing no sign of Cye, Uli decided to go for it. He snuck in as quietly as he could and reached for one of the sweets, his mouth watering. He could almost taste its flavor in his mouth.

But just before he could reach the cookie, a spatula hit the back of his hand….HARD!

“OW!” Uli screamed as he backed away. Looking up, he saw an angry-looking Cye looming over him.

“Uhhh…hi, Cye!”

Cye wasn’t amused. “What did you think you were doing in my kitchen, you little brat?”

“I…I…” Uli decided to try his whiny voice. “I just wanted a cookieeee…” he said in a crying voice.

“No cookies before dinner and you know it!” Cye scolded. “And that whiny face won’t work!”

“Too bad!” Uli said with his normal voice. “Uli of the Wind claimed his prize!”

Uli went for another cookie again, but Cye jumped between him and the cookies…with a large knife! “AND CYE OF THE TORRENT SAYS GET LOST!!!!!”

That convinced Uli! He raced from Cye’s kitchen, screaming for Mia.

“Stupid annoying brat,” Cye muttered as he put the knife down. He returned to his work, but soon enough he heard the tiny footsteps coming in again.

Uli reached for the cookies, but then noticed the poisonous glare Cye was giving him. “Uhh…hi, Cye?” Uli said meekly.

“You have two seconds to get out of my sight!” Cye once again reached for the knife, and Uli raced out of the kitchen. Thinking he had peace, Cye once again went back to the cookies. Looking at the clock and noticing it was time to prepare dinner, he let the cookies in the oven bake and went about preparing dinner…

…until he discovered you-know-who at the table with a cookie halfway hanging out of his mouth.

That did it! Cye stomped over to Uli with an enraged face, reaching for the brat’s collar. “That’s twice I’ve told you to stay OUT of my kitchen, you little nuisance! Now you’re going to PAY!”

A terrified expression crossed Uli’s face…

**********

Later in the evening, after dinner, the Ronins were sitting with Mia in the living room around a large plate of cookies and pitcher of lemonade.

“Hey, not bad, Cye,” Rowen commented as he reached for his third one. Kento nodded as he stuffed five more into his mouth.

“Hey,” Mia wondered aloud, “The house seems strangely quiet. Where’s Uli?”

Sage put his glass down. “Yeah, I didn’t notice him at dinner…”

Cye only smiled mischieviously.

**********

Outside, Uli was hanging from a tree by a rope tied around his belt loops.

”CYYYEEEE!!!” he yelled, kicking and wailing, “THIS ISN’T FUNNY! BRING ME DOWN! I’M SORRY ALREADY! LET ME DOWN! WWWWWWHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!”

Cye didn’t hear Uli, or if he did, pretended not to. Not like anyone was going to miss him…