Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Hidden Emotions Come To Surface

by Shade

After a long day of training at the Seung’s Dojo, Seung Mina said bye to Hwang said she was going Out. Her father told to stay home and discuss something. Seung Mina with much annoyance obeyed, this did not surprise Hwang, Seung Mina had runaway twice and he had to bring her back. Hwang knew what they were gonna talk about, it had been 3 years since Hwang heard Seung Han’s idea of an arranged marrige between Hwang and her. Seung Han told this to Hwang in person yesterday, today he was gonna break it to Seung Mina. “Good luck” thought Hwang, those two will be argueing for hours. Ever since the day his sensei informed him of the marriage plan he couldn’t stop thinking about Mina. He heard this rumor years ago and felt ackword now that it was official. He changed into his casual clothes, ever since he heard the rumor he couldn’t stop thinking about her then either. He promised he’d meet Kilik at a teashop that evening, “Good” he thought “something to keep my mind off Mina for a while.” He got some money, left his room and bumped into Mina in the in the hall. “Hey Hwang, what are you up to?” “Uh I’m just going out.” He looked into her eyes, here eyes were the kind of eyes that could make you blind if you stared at em long enough, the type of eyes that could fill you with warmth and make you feel at ease. He broke eye contact with her fearing he might blurt out something he wasn’t ready to tell her, if he continued to stare at her. He softly nudged past her, he could feel her beautiful dark brown eyes against his back, and a heavy lump formed in his throat. He heard her father beckoning to her. She gave a sigh of annoyance. “Alright I’m coming.” She muttered “that’s my cue.” Thought Hwang. And left the dojo.
* * *

Hwang arrived at the teashop “Kilik’s late” he muttered. He still could not understand what happened in the hallway, naturally he could stare an opponent strait in the eye with out intimidation. Seung Mina was a totally different case, when he into her eyes he felt vulnerable, defenseless. He sighed thinking about Mina, he ordered the cheapest tea they had, “where is Kilik?” he muttered. He started to ponder what would happen if he continued to stare into Mina’s eyes; would he have given in and allowed himself to kiss her? The heavy lump came back into throat, he took a sip of tea “ack this stuff tastes like trash” he said choking down the tea. “I’ll be the judge of that.” Said a voice behind him, Kilik seized the tea mug and gulped it down, then spewed it all over spaying Hwang and a few other people. “Your right it does.” He said wiping his mouth. “Thanks Kilik.” Hwang muttered sarcastically, Kilik sat down next to him “what’s got you down?” Hwang sighed, “ya know what stinks?” Kilik thought for a minute “that we’re at the worst tea shop in town?” Hwang ignored him “I think I’m in love with my sensei’s daughter.” Kilik almost oblivious to Hwang sniff the empty tea mug and ask for a refill. “Ya mean Seung Mina? Hmm… I don’t blame ya she’s a cute one… a tomboy too, but heck whatever works for ya.” Kilik took another gulp of tea and gagged a few times while swallowing it. Hwang never disliked Mina for being a tomboy that was actually one of the reasons why he liked her. Kilik dipped his finger in the tea and tasted it on his tongue then made a disgusted face. “Dang man, what the heck did you order?” Kilik switched his tea with the guy next to him. Hwang ignored Kilik. A funny memory of Mina and his master popped into his head.

It happened a few years ago when Seung Mina turned 16 her father decided that Mina should act more lady like. “Dream on” Hwang used to say to Seung Han. But his master was determined to turn his hard-core daughter into a proper lady. Seung Han’s first plan for this ludicrous scheme was to get Mina to where feminine clothing. Hwang knew how Mina despised dresses. She found them uncomfortable, hard move in, even harder to fight in, she was always tripping on em. When Seung Han told Mina of this new rule she argued with him for 3 and a half hours, and finally they agreed on a trial there were 7 dresses in Seung Mina’s room. She was to pick one; it could not be a gi, pants, tunic, or any masculine clothing. Seung Mina accepted the trial with a very determined look, Hwang knew she gonna get her dad back. Seung Han told make sure she didn’t cheat. He sat next to the door 15 minutes; he could hear Mina tossing dresses around and an occasional thudding. (He assumed she was tripping on the dresses). It sounded like she had given up, then he heard her say something like “ah, ha!” Then he heard the sound of fabric being torn. Hwang pressed his ear to the door, “what in Gods name was she doing in there?” When she came out she was wearing what used to be a fancy red dress. She had torn off both sleeves, the lower waist, and the skirt-part was torn so much it resembled a loincloth. Hwang understood why she tore the dress and sleeves, it was to lower the weight and increase mobility…he had no clue why she tore out the waist. The look on his master’s face was priceless, after that humiliation he stopped trying.

Hwang chuckled to himself “she did all that just to spite her father.” He glanced at Kilik, Kilik had 3 mugs of tea, and he started to mix them. Hwang sighed, “Kilik what the heck are you doing?" Kilik looked at Hwang as if he were a child whose mind could not comprehend the art of science. “I’m trying to see if this stuff still tastes like septic water even when mixed.” Kilik made a smug face as if he had proven a great theory. “Riight” Hwang rolled his eyes and turned away. The whole point of this evening was to get his mind off Mina; so far she’s been all he was thinking about. The only thing Kilik seemed to be thinking about was more creative ways to play with the tea. Kilik washed down his creation; he coughed a few times then muttered “Well that didn’t work.” Hwang exhaled deeply “My master Seung Han wants me to marry Seung Mina and right now he is telling her about it.” Kilik stopped fiddling with the tea, “What’s wrong with that you like her don’t ya?” Hwang stared at his knees “Yeah along with a bunch of other guys at the dojo.” Hwang confessed. Kilik chuckled “when ya look at it another way you seem to be the only student she seems to like.” Hwang rested his forehead against his palm, “I dunno know Kilik, ever since I lost my parents I’ve felt real lonely. I try to hide the loneliness but then it gets me in my dreams. Although I do get dreams where I’m asleep and Mina is lying down next to me, and the loneliness goes away.” (Kilik impersonating a psychiatrist) “In your young years you have lost many loved ones, and this has left a hole in your heart. Seung Mina has been through the same thing, she lost her mother and brother. Only the love you two share can fill that void.” Hwang looked impressed “Dang, where did you come up with something deep like that?” Kilik shrugged “I got it off a bumper sticker.” Kilik resumed stirring the tea with his finger. Hwang slapped himself in the head “Great” he muttered with sarcasm.

He remembered the second time Seung Mina ran away, he was sent to retrieve her again. His journey led him to a fight with the mighty Inferno, he fought bravely against Inferno, but Inferno adapted and severely injured Hwang. Hwang was sure it would be the end, but then Seung Mina cameout of nowhere and challenged Inferno. Inferno was too weakened by his first battle and Mina did not allow him to adept…Inferno was slain and Soul Edge unsealed. Seung Mina helped Hwang make the journey back to the dojo, and left knowing that when he recovered he would have to go after her again.

Hwang snapped back to reality “She put the Soul Edge second” He realized. Hwang turned toward Kilik (who had ordered more tea) “I’m gonna do it” he said in a very determined voice. Kilik looked up “Huh?” Hwang’s tone did not change “I’m gonna tell her how I feel.” Kilik snorted, “Are you serious Hwang? Your gonna go to the dojo and tell Seung Mina –who mind you is a very, very pretty girl, that you love her?” “Yeah” Hwang seemed more determined than ever. Kilik let out a heavy sigh “Hwang the only way to do that with out backfiring, is to be completely vulnerable to your emotions. Since when are you like that?” Hwang stopped dead in his tracks, Kilik was right. Hwang turned to Kilik “s-so what should I do?” Kilik grinned “Tell her anyway, if Seung Mina is the girl for you then that shouldn’t be an issue…tea?”

* * *

Seung Mina was pacing back and fourth down the hallway, after having that discussion/argument with her father. “Had the old man finally gone senile?!” He was gonna marry her and Hwang, was this a hint? ‘Tell him soon or else?’ She continued to pace down the hall. “Guess it could be worse, he could have hooked me up with that idiot Kim.” She was considering running away again, Seung Han wouldn’t be able to move the bookcase she shoved in front of his door, the other students where gone and Hwang was probably asleep. “Wait am I being too reckless? Running away for something stupid like this?” She tried to calm down, she considered the two things that made her feel better. One was time (which she didn’t have) the other was something she did in secret. Whenever she felt lonely, stressed, or depressed, she’d sneak into Hwang’s room when he was asleep and lie down next to him on his bed. Then she’d pretend that Hwang was fully aware she was there and did not mind at all. Hwang was different from all her father’s other students. He talked with her, respected her, called her Mina, as oppose to “hey cutie!” (Which the guys she beat up daily called her). But Hwang rarely looked into her eyes and if so it would only be for a brief moment. Even today in the hallway he broke away from her with no effect at all. Hwang had strong emotional armor, Mina did too but it was useless against him. He had easily stolen her heart and she had no luck in getting his. She then realized just how childish the whole ‘sneaking into Hwang’s room thing’ was. She gave herself a chuckle of pity “Geez I’m pathetic” she thought. She decided to just run away then come back when got things sorted out. She had packed everything she’d need, walked into the dojo and checked the clock; it was 12:38pm, “Man it’s late. That argument with the old man must have broken a record.” She knew she could cover more ground with an hours rest. She huddled in the corner and slowly drifted to sleep. An hour later Seung Mina had been awoken by footsteps outside, she had developed very sharp hearing over the years. It could only have been a burglar at this hour. Hwang had come home late, still trying to work out what Kilik meant when he said all the stuff. He sighed as he slid the door opened to the dojo and entered. A voice in the darkness yelled “Hey!” Hwang spun around and took a random swipe into the darkness; he knocked the weapon out of his opponent’s hands, but he the blade scrapped his arm. He clutched his arm in pain “Ouch.” He muttered. A familiar, famine voice spoke from the darkness “Hwang?” his face twisted to show his confusion “Mina?” Seung Mina flipped on an oil lamp, her hands clasped over her mouth and worry in her eyes. “Oh Hwang In so sorry I didn’t it was you.” Hwang pretended it was nothing. “Nah it’s just a scratch don’t worry about it.” “No no it’s my fault, uh lets take it to the well, I’ll wash it for you.” They left the dojo and walked over to the well, Seung Mina washed and bandaged Hwang’s wound. “Thanks Mina” said Hwang. Seung Mina finished tying the knot to his bandage, “the least I could do.” Seung Mina sat down on the edge of the well, Hwang did the same, “So did master Seung Han tell you everything?” Seung Mina nodded staring at the ground. Hwang sighed “Look I know neither of us are ready for this, so I’ll talk to Seung Han in the mourning and see if I can postpone it or something.” Seung Mina looked up at Hwang his expression was serious, she looked back at the ground again. “Postponed” She thought, was that really what she wanted? Hwang noticed Seung Mina was shivering the cool air from the well was getting to her. He scooted up next to her, and wrapped an arm around her to keep her warm. Blood started to rush up into her cheeks, she looked up at Hwang. Hwang stared into her eyes, he could no longer shroud his emotion, he tried to fight back tears, but to no avail. He gave in and wrapped his arms around her and held her close. This took Mina by surprise, her heart started thudding rapidly she swung her arms around him with no intention of letting go. She looked up at Hwang his eyes were full of tenderness. She then did what she longed to do for years, She put her arms around his neck and put her soft, smooth lips to his. The kiss was so sudden and so powerful it overwhelmed Hwang. It felt like all of Seung Minas love for him was flowing into him and warming every inch of his body. Seung Mina held her eyes shut savoring the kiss, tears started to seep through. Two minutes had past, the kiss ended, Seung unable to control herself threw her arms around Hwang and began to sob into his shoulder. Hwang held her in one arm to comfort her, Seung Mina continued to sob freely into his shoulder. Hwang remember the warmth of Seung Mina next to him from his dreams. Hwang sniffed “Ya know I used to have dreams where I was asleep and you were sleeping next to me.” “Did he know?” Mina wondered she tried to choke back her tears, Hwang continued. “I remember trying not to wake up, because every time I wake up you’d be gone.” Seung Mina gasped between sobs, “No Hwang, I only left because I didn’t know what would happen when you woke up.” Hwang flinched and looked at Mina “y-you were really there.” Seung Mina sniffed a few times then nodded “yeah, I was there.” Hwang sighed “It’s getting late.” Seung Mina wiped her eyes “we should go back.” Hwang took her up in his arms and carried her back to the dojo.

* * *

Seung Han had been pacing around in his room, he came to the conclusion that he couldn’t move the bookcase from the inside. He checked the it was 3:50am “great.” He thought, “I’ve been imprisoned in here for 4 hours,” Mina just had to shove a bookcase in front of his door. “I swear she does stuff like this every time I engage her to someone or tick her off.” Something occurred to him “she ran away all those other times too. Knowing her she’s probably gonna do that again. Wait Hwang, he brought her back the first 2 times she took off.” Seung Han knew he had to get to Hwang, he couldn’t get out through the door cause of that stupid bookcase. Seung Han broke his window, exited through it, then started sprinting outside the dojo toward Hwang’s window. He leapt up to the window to Hwang’s room was. Good, Hwang was there sound asleep, but so was Mina!

*2 Hours earlier*

Hwang had brought Mina back to the dojo, Mina had fallen asleep in his arms. He carried her to her room, tucked her in and kissed her on the lips. He then retired to his own room and fell asleep. It wasn’t log before he started dreaming about Mina sleeping next to him, he was afraid he was going to wake up and find her gone. He opened his eyes and Seung Mina was indeed there. She was wearing one of her mother’s night gowns, her arms where around him and her head was resting on his shoulder. “Sneak” he whispered, Seung Mina smiled in her sleep. He pulled some blanket over her, wrapped his arm around her waist and fell asleep knowing that the loneliness he used to feel would no longer haunt him.

*current time*

Seung Han face twisted to resemble the look he made when Mina defiled that dress. “Mina I swear first you trap me in my room, worry me to the point of a heart attack, then you-“ he paused. He was amazed he never noticed this till now just how much Mina’s face resembled that of her mother’s. He looked at Hwang, he seemed perfectly aware of Mina’s presence. Seung Han’s bitterness seemed to melt away, “so they did love each other” he thought. A smile he hadn’t worn in years creep across his face as he hopped down from the window and back to his own. “For first time in years something had finally gone right” he thought as he climbed through the window and back into his room.

The end