Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

4th of July

by Nesha

Nesha: Welcome, again. This is your host Da Black Barbie, and I’m sitting here with my crazy co-host, Joey Wheeler!

Joey: Hi, everybody!

Nesha: This is my first attempt at a Yu-Gi-Oh fic. It’s short, sweet, and it contains MAJOR fluffiness! This was inspired by the Mariah Carey song, “Forth of July.”

Disclaimer: I-DO-NOT-OWN-YU-GI-OH-OR-THE-MARIAH-SONG! Now, that’s settled, on with the fic!

===========================================================

4th of July

Trembling… starry eyed…

As you put your hand in mine…

It was twilight on the Forth of July. I sat in the grass alongside my boyfriend. We watched as an assortment of colors brightened the dark sky, creating a beautiful, sparkling, rainbow.

We sat next to each other, our bodies barely touching. I felt myself blush as I looked at him. He wasn’t watching the Roman candle display, he was looking intently at me, and he smiled.

Then you put your hand in mine…

And we wondered away…

His fingers intertwined with mine. He opened his arms and welcomed me in an innocent hug. I felt my heart racing, and my body tremble, but I didn’t resist. I wanted him.

I scooted in his lap and pressed my body against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and I sighed. Our minds wondered elsewhere, leaving the world behind. We just enjoyed the moment of being together.

The glittery fireworks display reflected in our eyes. I smiled, watching them create momentary stars in the night. The faint scent of dandelions lingered in our nostrils as we sat amongst them. He rested his chin in my hair. I felt him inhale deeply and sigh.

Then you put your hand in mine…

And we floated away…

Grabbing my hands, he gently forced me to face him. I pressed my knees in the grass and looked at him, blinking.

“What’s wrong,” I asked.

“Nothing,” he answered. He laid his back on the grass and looked at me. “Lie down.”

Hesitantly I pressed my cheek against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. I held his hand and looked in the sky. My lips curled in a smile, again, as I looked at the crescent moon. Fireflies danced around us, creating their own light show. I wish I could stay like this forever. Tonight was perfect, and I knew nothing could ruin it.

The air vibrated as thick, ominous clouds hovered above us. The sound of thunder escaped through them. As the clouds opened, the rain showered on us.

Then you put your hand in mine…

And we ran from the rain…

We quickly stood up, cursing Mother Nature for being so cruel. He grabbed my hand and we escaped the rain. He helped me climb on his motorcycle and placed a protective helmet on my head. He followed suit, and we raced into the night. I held his waist tightly, holding on for dear life. But I knew my boyfriend wouldn’t let any harm come my way.

We stopped in front of my house, and he picked me up from the motorcycle. Gently setting me down, I removed my helmet. He did the same, and our hair instantly became soaked, matching our soaking clothes.

He looked at me, and I, him. Another blush warmed my cheeks, and I was helpless to stop it. I knew what was about to happen next.

He leaned his face towards mine. I closed my eyes as I felt the rain pouring on my face. Despite the showering rain, tonight was beautiful. And I waited for the only thing that could make this night even more perfect.

He kissed me.

It was a soft touch on my lips. And as quickly as it happened, it was over. I opened my eyes, blinking away the raindrops.

He held my hand once more, and walked me to my door. I knocked and patiently waited for my mother to open it.

“Thanks, Serenity,” he told me.

“Goodnight, Tristan.”

My mother opened the door and looked at us.

“Serenity dear, you’re soaking wet. Come inside or you’ll catch a cold.”

I stepped inside and took one last look at him. I waved and he waved back. My mother then closed the door.

Truly I have never felt the same inside

Like that Forth of July

Truly I could never feel the same as I

Felt that Forth of July…

==============================================================

Nesha: See, and to think people were so quick to label me as a “Ghetto Girl” because they read my bio. I KNEW I could write a romantic, G-Rated fic, but it’s not my fault that other ignorant people didn’t think I could.