Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The Rescue of Duo Maxwell Part 4 of the Duo Saga

by Nova Girl

"How it going in there?" Quatra's voice asked through Trowa's small radio.

"So far so good." said Trowa as he and Heero made their way to there the cells were "Have you and Wufei reach the hanger where Deathsycthe is?"

"We're almost there."

"Us too."

"Here's the cell number." said Heero when they adrived at Duo's cell. When they opened it they were kind of surprised to see a bloody body laying face down sprawled on the ground towards the back. "Duo?" Heero said in disbelief as he carefuly came to the body.

"This is the right cell." Trowa said reading the number again.

"Trowa." Heero said as he kneld down next to the body and gently turned it over "You better come and see this."

* * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile, outside the Sandrock and Shenlong made their way to the hanger. "There's the hanger." said Wufei.

"Then lets get Deathsycthe out of there..." Quatra started when some OZ mobile suits came and started to attack them "We got company, Wufei!"

"I see them!"

* * * * * * * * *

Trowa walk across the hard floor of the cell and came over to Heero. Trowa's green eyes widened in amazement. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. The body was Duo's. His face was practically black from the bruises and most of it was cuts that were not very deep, his lips were split wide open and was beathing weakly through them, badly bruised and battered every were else, and his body was also covered with deep wounds. Trowa then noticed Duo's now short hair. "He's a mess, busted up everywhere. I'm amazed he's even alive at this point. I can't even believe that OZ did this to him." Heero said as Trowa looked on.

"What do we do now?" Trowa asked.

Heero easily lifted up the limber form, put the unconciousness Duo into Trowa's strong and careful arms. "Hold him for awhile until we get a carrier for our Gundams." he said "Give me your radio." Trowa gave Heero his radio as he carefully hold Duo in his arms. "Quatra," he said "This is Heero. Come in."

"Go ahead, Heero." Quatra's voice said with some fighting in the background.

"What the heck is going on over there?!" Heero asked surprised when he heard the racket.

"Some OZ mobile suits are attacking us. But don't worry. Me and Wufei will be finished with them soon."

"Good. Look, change of plans. Bring Deathsycthe and me and Trowa's Gundams near the south entrance. We're getting a carrier." Heero explained as he and Trowa left the cell and headed to the place where OZ kept their mobile suit carriers.

"What?!" Wufei's voice was heard "I thought Duo was going to take his Gundam?"

"Duo is in no shape to control his Gundam." said Heero.

"THIS IS INJUSTICE!"

"Clam down, Wufei."

*This is terrible, absolutely horrible,* Trowa thought as he carries the bloody body of the Deathsycthe pilot as they headed down the hall and he could still hear Heero arguing with Wufei over the radio *Why did OZ did this to poor Duo? Why?*

* * * * * * * * *

Back at the battle, Quatra could still hear Wufei argueing with Heero. *Sounds to me that Wufei dosen't like this new plan.* he thought. Suddenly Quatra heard the beeping sound that meant another mobile suit was coming. When he turn to attack it, he stopped when he saw a Gundam similar to Deathsycthe, but it was colored red, black, and white, and it carried a triple beam scythe coming towards the battle. Quatra just watched in amazement as it passed him and attacked the OZ moible suits. "Amazing!" he said "Wufei! Do you see this?" Quatra got his answer when he still heard him and Heero arguing about the plan. "Never mind." he said.

*Where did that Gundam came from?* he thought to himself as he saw the Gundam destroyed the rest of the suits and left mysteriously as it came.

* * * * * * * * *

Heero and Trowa made it to the hanger where the mobile suit carriers were at. They hid near the wall as OZ troops ran by. "I'll get that one." Heero said as he pointed to a carrier that was big enough to hold the three Gundams.

Trowa watched as Heero ran off towards it. He heard a great moan of pain from the unconcious Deathsycthe pilot. "Shhh," he said in a calm, quiet voice to the still figure in his arms "You're going to be okay soon, Duo. Just hold on."

* * * * * * * * *

Later, Sandrock and Shenlong made it to the south entrance with the other three unmoving Gundams. Sandrock had Deathsycthe and Shenlong had Wing Zero and Heavyarms. Both pilots watched as a carrier from a nearby hanger slowly came out and stop right in front of them. Heero jumped out and looked up at them. "Okay," he said through the radio "Me and Trowa will put our Gundams in first."

"That's fine." said Quatra but then he didn't see the Heavyarms pilot around "But where's Trowa any way?"

"Over there." Heero said as he pointed to the hanger.

The two Gundams turn slightly towards the hanger. "Huh?" Quatre stared at the unbelievable sight of the beaten Duo in the arms of Trowa as he walked up "Duo.." he whispered in shock. Heero jumped in the cockpit of Wing Zeo. Shenlong let go of it so Heero could get his Gundam into position and get it inside the carrier. He hopped out and came over to Trowa. He motions him to put Duo into his arms. "Your turn." he said. Trowa nodded as he put Duo into Heero's arms, got into his Gundam, and did the same thing. Then he took over holding Duo as Heero last put Deathsycthe into the carrier.

* * * * * * * * *

As the carrier started to move, with Heero as its pilot, Trowa sat in the copilot set still holding Duo in his arms. He held on to him tightly as the carrier started to move faster to get ready to take off. Sandrock and Shenlong stayed behind just in case OZ would try to stop, or destroy carrier.