Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

A Gundam Traitor? Part 1 of the Duo Saga!

by Nova Girl

Notes: This fanfic goes back an forth between different points of time. This so it won't confuse any of you.

[ NOW ]

"Huh?" Heero said in surprised when he and the three other Gundam pilots saw Deathsycthe over on the side of the OZ soldiers getting ready to attack them "Duo?"

"What's is he doing?" Quatre asked the others "He's on our side."

"He must be weak to be able to join with them." Wufei said.

"I don't think Duo would do something like that." said Trowa "He's not that kind of guy to join OZ."

"I'm with Trowa on this one." said Quatre.

"Hmm." said Heero "Let's see." Heero open comunitation with Deathsycthe. "Duo," Heero said "It's me, Heero."

* * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile, in Deathsycthe's cokpit, the badly bruisde, battered, hurt, and shorted haired Duo Maxwell stared at Heero's image on the screen. He was very upset in so may ways that he didn't want his friends to see or hear him. "Come on, Duo," Heero voice said "Talk to me. What's going on?"

"He don't know half the stuff what's going on." he said knowing Heero and the others couldn't hear or see him. He had tried holding back his tears because he had this idea that boys don't cry, but now tears ran down his face.

[ THEN ]

He had left his Gundam in a near by woods as he ran towards the base. Soon, out of breath, he reached his goal. He stood panting, staring at the large warehouse that stored the plans for the new mobile dolls. Large mobile suits stood guarding every door, and soldiers with guns patrolled the building. *What I need,* he thought as he circled the building at a distance, *is an entrance, any entrance.* His eyes fell upon a window. *That could work.* Looking around, he thought *No guards. Just need to figure out how to get 30 feet off the ground to reach that window. No prob, I can do that.* Searching the area once again, Duo sprinted to the wall.

Pressing his hands to the building, he searched in vain for some kind of hand or foothold. *Great, now what.* Scooting along the side of the building, he glanced around the building at the tall mobile suit and the door behind it. *If only I had just stay in my Gundam, then I could*

"Hey. Who are you?" asked a loud voice from behind Duo. Spinning around, Duo first saw the gun. A second later he noticed a soldier holding the weapon. "I remember you," the soldier snarled. "You're the braided Gundam brat!"

"Oh man!" he turned and fled around the corner, barely dodging the bullets that followed his retreat. Until he got shot in the shoulder, but he keeped running, rushing to the door. Once he got there and turned the knob sharply, and to his dismay it was locked. Hearing a sound behind him, Duo spun around to see the mobile suit turn, take aim and fire. The door exploded open behind him as he dove away. *That works,* he thought as he raced into the building. Piles of boxes surrounded him until he found what he been looking for. He kicked open the office door, grabbed the plans, and stuffed them into his shirt. He could hear the soldiers entering the building behind him, but he ignored them. *I need to hurry.*

Suddenly a gunshot hit the file cabinent that was near by. "That was just a warning shot. The next one hits your head unless you surrender right now." Duo slowly stepped out of the office, face lowered. "Good. Now walk outside, and don't try anything. I have no reservations with killing a kid, never less a Gundam pilot."

*I have to do something,* thought Duo as he walked out into the light. *I can't be caught. I can't put the others in danger.* Acting on pure adrenaline, Duo ran away with the sound of gunshots and sound of soldiers chasing after him.

Duo ran towards his Gundam. Just as he reached it, and had just jumped into the cockpit the soldiers had arrived and fired at him just before he sat down in the chair. This time in the back of his left knee, and his other shoulder. "AH!" he screamed in pain as he fell out of the cockpit and the last thing he saw before he blacked out was the ground reaching up to meet him.

* * * * * * * * *

The time he had come too, Duo found him self in an ination room tied in a chair, and a cople of soldiers around him. One, Duo thought was the head guy at the base, was pacing back and forth in front of him. He paused as he looked over at him with a smirk on his rough face. Brushing his beard with his hands, he drawled "Well, well. What do we have here? A Gundam pilot." he waved the plans that he had tried to take in front of his face "If you're trying to take these plans to take to the others, you're wrong. You're 'Dead' wrong, girl!" He laughed.

"That's not funny." Duo said, unable to contain his anger.

The soldier stopped laughing an glared at him. "Now," he said to Duo "I'm going to make this easy. Tell me where the Gundams' next mission is and we'll give you back you Gundam and let you leave safely."

Duo thought for a second. *No way I'm going to tell OZ.* he thought *Do they think I'm stupied or something? Besides the guys will never speak to me again if I do.* "You wish." he said. The soldier's eyes flashed with a cold fire. "I was going to attempt to do this the easy way, but if you insist on making it hard" He drew back his hand and slapped Duo across the face.

Unprepared for the attack, Duo's head snapped back and he and the chair went flying across the floor. Beginning to advance towards the fallen Duo, the soldier stood over him. "Well?"

"Never."

With a mean glare on his face, the soldier looking at Duo, who was still laying on the ground. "Well," he started "I guess we'll do it the hard way. Men..." Within an instant the soldiers attack the unprepared Gundam pilot. After hours of intence pain the soldiers stoped. He sat there full of cuts, most of them very deep, bruised, and battered. The soldier came up to him once again.

"Will you tell us?" he asked.

"No." said Duo.

The soldier gave an look on his face Duo didn't like at all. But he wonders what the soldier was planing to do to him next. He just can't help but wonder what the soldier had hidden behind his back. His questions where answered when he saw what the soldier pulled from behind his back. Duo just stare at the objet with fear in his eyes and face. The objet was a sharp pair of scissors in the soldier's strong hand. He came over, gabbed Duo's tight briad in the other hand, and put it into the mouth of the open nightmare that Duo hated. "Tell us," the soldier said "Or its good-bye to the briad."

"N-Not on your life." Duo said trying to hold in the fear.

The soldier smiled an evil smile. "Very well." Duo shut his eyes as he heard the shinpping of scissors cutting very stran of his long brown hair near the hair that meets his neck. He couldn't do a thing to stop what was happening. He couldn't tell them the mission, nor could he move. He open his eyes once the snipping stopped and saw the briad in the soildier's hand holding it infront of his face. Then he dropped it on the floor infront of Duo's feet. Duo just started at the braid on the floor speechless, surprised, and very scared on what happen. "Now will you tell us?" the soldier asked "Or do we have to go as far as destroying your Gundam?"

Duo soon blurted out the next mission, "Ginava Base."

The solder smiled. "Good," he said "You'll take your Gundam and bring us to it."

[ NOW ]

Deathsycthe just stood there as OZ attacked the other Gundams. Duo didn't know what to do until Shenlong came charging at him. Out of reflext, Duo blocked the attack and fought back. Soon the other Gundams retreated. Duo was about to leave too, but OZ stopped him. "Sorry," said one "You can't leave."

* * * * * * * * *

Duo was then thrown into the back of a cell on a OZ base. "You'll just stay here until we figure what to do with you."