Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Paradise

by Mina

It was later afternoon and Kilik and Xianghua were sitting together on the beach and it was a beautiful day. The sand was alabaster white and Xingy could've sworn it was snow, except the warm, heated climate proved it to be sand. The sun shone down brutally, and turned the sand warm between her toes. She was quite content to be spending the day with Kilik, sitting next to him under the cool shade of a tropical tree. The shade felt good against her skin as she leaned towards Kilik. He put his arm around her, and she looked back out at the ocean.

The water was a beautiful prussian blue with emerald green highlights. The sun shone off of the water and glimmered like diamonds. The waves were like vibrant swirls of aqua colors running to the shore and crashing upon the sand with loud hissing noises. The waves had white crested tops and and foamed until the wave reached the sand.

A small breeze rustled the long leaves of the tree they sat under and blew in fresh sea air and mist from the crashing waves.

The sun began to set, dying the sky and beach in vivid colors of an artist's warm color palette. The sea looked fathomless as the sun set on the horizon. It was a perfect evening. The sky turned gradually from its bright colors to a deep purple, and finally to darkness and the moon showed her face and shone starlight down to the earth. Puer white light shown from the round shining orb. Billions of twinkling stars came out into the night and seemed to shine like tiny irridescent pearls.

Kilik and Xianghua built a small campfire, and it's embers burned with the passion of the sun that had set, and created a circle of warmth for them to sit in. The air was cooling, and the fire comforted them both. The air was sweet and damp. As they sat by the fire engulfed in their small ring of light, Xingy felt as if the beach had been created for them alone.

Kilik pulled Xingy closer to him, and held her for a long time. Wordlessly, they sat that wat for a long time and then Kilik smiled down at Xianghua and touched her face, brushing back a stray piece of her hair. She could see the scar on his cheek, and his chestnut hair whipped across his face. Slowly, Kilik lowered his head close to hers and kissed her lightly. He pulled back for a moment to hug her tighter. Xingy met his gaze with her own. His brown eyes to her deep brown ones. Then he kissed her again, slowly and softly. And he kissed her again, and again, and again.......