Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Path of Fate

by Mina

Kilik was walking through the woodsand a slight fog was rolling in blurring the outline of the trees. He stilled as he sensed a presence near him. He turned in the direction of it and he knew instinctively that it was not evil. The sound of low feminine laughter caught his ears and he moved in the direction of the noise.

The trees opened up to reveal a small pond tucked in between the foliage. There wading into the pond he saw a girl with short dark hair walking into the water. The ribbons on her pants were drenched and she dove into the crystal clear pool swimming gracefully. Kilik was taken by her. He stood rooted to his spot unable to move.

The girl splashed in her play and created ripples of liquid that radiated from where she stood. Kilik was enchanted by the sight of her. He wanted to join her in the water, swimming and laughing. She was completely oblivious to his presence.

Kilik mentally compared the tranquil scene before him to the loud, boistrous one he would soon see when he returned to the village. He wished he could stay where he was forever. Moving closer, he noticed that she had vibrant brown eyes and a cute smile. He watched her, lost in the sight of this girl. Her movements, her laugh...

Kilik thought he saw her looking at him and he shrank slowly away. He knew it would be a long time before he forgot her.

**********

Xianghua had slipped away to go for a quick swim when she felt as if someone was watching her. She stilled and looked around sharpening her vision. There, nestled among the trees looking at her was a boy with long brown hair and friendly looking eyes. She knew she should be concerned for her safety but she knew somehow that he meant her no harm. Her heart raced and they stood looking at each other for hours. Or was it only moments?

Just as suddenly as they had seen each other, the boy disappeared into the forest, all traces of him gone. She knew that he was real and in her heart she knew she would see him again soon.....Their paths would cross once again....