Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!



The Dragon's Heart and the Maiden's Smile
Prolouge

By White Luster Soldier

DISCLAIMER
First off, I do not own Sailor Moon or any of its characters. This is strictly a story written by a moonie for other moonies. Please don’t sue me. Also, this story has mildly graphic violence in it. If you are offended by violence, do not read further

12:00 Midnight, Tokyo Astronomical research center

“Hey John! Come look at this!” Exclaimed a scientist sitting near a telescope. The suddenness of his outburst caused his partner to jump, spilling his coffee all over his white overcoat. “Jeez, Louise! Carl, I’m going to kill you one of these days. I just spent six hundred dollars on this coat to replace the one you ruined the last time you wanted me to see something.” John angrily replied. “And last time it was only a dinky little star you didn’t think was there before.” “Well, maybe you shouldn’t drink so much coffee, it’s making you jumpy” replied Carl, who ducked as John threw the empty mug at him. “Hey! We’ve got expensive equipment here, you want to pay for that too?” That seemed to calm John down. “What is it this time?” “It’s the stars again. Only this time they didn’t appear, they’ve vanished! It would appear that all the stars that make up the constellation Draco, along with the entire moon in the 32nd quadrant have disappeared from the sky.” John just laughed “C’mon Carl, April Fools day was about two months ago.” “Take a look for yourself.”
Now somewhat serious John took a look in the telescope. Then he started scanning frantically. What Carl said was true. John looked straight into the eyes of Carl “I don’t know what to make of this, but we need to call the proper authorities, right now.” John was sweating as he picked up the phone.

12:37 am, Tokyo Tower

A couple was strolling along watching the stars over the Tokyo Tower, both having a great time. Both were transfixed on a seemingly void black sphere racing across the sky. “What is that, Leon?” the girl asked. “I don’t know, but I bet it’s a once in a lifetime event, we should watch it.” Leon said with a loving smile, not knowing he had just sealed their fate, and it wasn’t good. The two of them kissed.
It was then that the black sphere changed course and headed straight toward them, crashing right into the Tokyo Tower. Black lightning spread everywhere, burning the couple as they screamed in agony. The lightning suddenly stopped and a shadowy figure loomed over the couple. Then, moving like a mountain goat, the figure sprang from beam to beam, heading to the ground. Trying to be the hero, the Leon got up and met the monster at the base of the tower. It wasn’t much of a fight. Leon threw a flurry of punches, which the monster expertly blocked and parried. Leon tried a kick, but the monster flipped over and behind him driving it’s knee into Leon’s back. The girl cried as she heard Leon’s spine crack and watched his eyes widen in pain.
But the creature wasn’t done yet. It picked Leon up by his head, and suddenly Light was transferring from Leon to the monster. It was only now that the girl decided to run for it. But the creature noticed her and spoke with a voice that sounded like grinding iron. “Where are you going?” The creature extended its arm, which became like tentacles. They caught the girl, enveloped her, and dragged her back to the creature. “You thought you would escape from me?” Then the same light that was coming out of Leon also came out of the girl, being absorbed by the creature

1:00 am, Serena’s house.

Luna awoke in a sweat. She sensed the negaverse, definitely. But it was so powerful, it overwhelmed all of her senses. Her cat cries of agony awoke Serena. When Serena saw Luna going into what looked like a seizure, she bolted out of bed to her side. “Luna! What’s wrong?” Screamed Serena. Unfortunately Luna’s eyes had rolled back in her head. After about 15 minutes of this, Luna slowly regained control. “Luna, are you alright?” Serena asked. Luna merely nodded, not able to speak. Serena spent the remainder of the night with Luna, comforting her and making sure she was indeed, all right.

12:37 am, Deserted Alley

A Police car had just pulled over a car into an alley. He coolly walked over. “License and registration please” The young girl who was driving the car asked what the problem was. “You realize you were going over the speed limit.” “No I wasn’t argued the young woman. “You know, if you had a license I would have seen it right now. How old are you? 15? The girl kind of looked down. “Get out of the car.” The woman obliged. “You want me to walk a straight line?” “I want you to bend over” said the cop. It was then that the cop heard someone behind him. He turned around to see a boy with his arms crossed leaning against the alley wall.
“I was wondering when you’d notice me, I want you to bend over, officer.” The boy smiled. The boy was about 5’7” tall. He had black hair and his eyes were almost red in color. He was wearing white slacks, a black tank top and a red jacket. He was well built, and had a sly expression on his face.
Were the heck did you come from?” shouted the cop. “Big Bang, primordial ooze, divine hand of a benevolent creator, all possibilities.”, Said the boy as he strolled toward the officer. “Put your hands in the air!” said the cop. “You mean these hands?” asked the boy, raising his hands but continuing to advance. “You’re dead, ditchweed” remarked the cop. With that he shot the boy square in the chest, knocking him to the ground. OH, MY GOD!!! Screamed the woman “Well that takes care of that” the cop smirked.
It was then that the boy got back to his feet, grabbed the gun and struck the officer just above the heart, knocking the wind out of him. Looking over to the woman he simply said “Ma’am, drive home carefully,” he looked at the cop, “You might want to call 911, report an officer down.” With that the woman nodded and got in her car.
The officer was just getting up, coughing. “That was a hollow point!” The boy said, “I guess it’s true, guns don’t kill people; you think swords do?” Blue light started forming on his hand and it soon turned into an intricate sword.
A scream echoed into the night.

1:05 am, Mina’s house

Artemis was shocked out of his sleep by the sudden jolt that rocked his body. Mina awoke as well. And just like that, the feeling went away. “What was that Artemis?” asked Mina?” “an expenditure of great power I think.” Stated Artemis. “could it be the Negaverse? “No, this power seemed to be from a pure source. Could it be…” Could it be what?” asked Mina “I’m sorry but I can’t tell you at this time. We should get some sleep. In the morning we need to schedule an emergency Scout meeting.” “Alright”

Mina fell asleep but Artemis couldn’t sleep for the remainder of the night. “so the prophecies are true, this is bad, very bad.” Thought Artemis as he finally dropped off

Next Chapter: Legend