Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Final Chapter: Endgame, Sacrifice

By White Luster Soldier

Midnight, Tokyo Tower

Draco walked to the outskirts of Tokyo Tower. “Better go into this at full power.” He thought. “DRACO CELESTIAL POWER UP!” The armor formed over Draco. Then he continued walking. What he saw was like a bad dream. The four scouts that were kidnapped were strapped to the lower beams of the tower. “Draco!” they all shouted. Just then, Mina ran up, in full sailor garb, and she gasped. “By the Gods!” “So you both made it” The grinding iron voice said from their left. Draco turned and pointed his sword at The Dark Moon.” This time I’m going to make sure you won’t get away.” “Really? And what do you propose to do about it?” “Omaeo Karosou” Stated Draco. His eyes looked at the imprisoned scouts. “But first, I have to save my friends.” With that, he raised his hand in the air and white light started to gather. “Wha… wha… What are you doing?” Shouted the Dark Moon. “What you fail to realize is that life is made up of energy. And if all of one’s life-force is pooled together into one time, you can accomplish great things. I’m merely using the life energy of all the people you killed. Their souls cry out for vengeance.” It was at that moment the light that grew in his hand, shot out in all directions, The Dark Moon was smart enough to dodge what energy was coming her way, but even still she took a hit in the chest, knocking her back. But the light had also snapped the bonds that held the captured four scouts, releasing them. As soon as the hit the ground they transformed. Then the Scouts and Draco stood together. “Nice try Draco, but all the souls in the world couldn’t defeat me with this so called “life-force”. “MY NAME IS GADO!” Shouted Draco. Mina looked at him and smiled. “Ah, how sweet, the two lovers are reunited.” sneered the Dark Moon “Too bad you have to die here. You see, I have collected just enough energy to summon… The Seven Shadows!” Then the ground started shaking, and seven shadowy figures sprang up and surrounded Gado and the scouts. “What did she mean, “Lovers”? Is it true that we met in the past?” Mina asked Draco. “I don’t know, but Mina, survive this fight to find out.” A battle ensued, but it seemed the sailor scouts were no match for the Seven Shadows. One by one each scout fell. Mina was the last to fall, right into Gado’s arms. The Seven Shadows backed off a bit, leering at their prey. But Gado was oblivious to them at this point. He cradled Mina in his arms, and suddenly everything came back. The scenery changed around him as he remembered. It changed to the ruins of the Moon Kingdom. He was still holding Sailor Venus in his arms. He could hear the screams of the other soldiers, and he could smell the buildings burning. But nothing mattered, except the one thing he was holding in his arms. “No…Not again…NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Gado snapped out of his trance, screaming, then his eyes lit on fire, and steam came from then. Lifting his sword, he rushed at the Seven Shadows, through one, then another shouting, “Die, D@#n you, I’ll kill you all!” His whole body was flaming at this point and his sword looked more like an acetylene torch, the blade was made of fire so hot it was blue. He sliced through one and then another, then jumped as a third one rushed at him. Gado’s sword pinned the Shadow to the ground as he landed. “Two more.” he thought. He slashed one through the midsection, then swung the blade around and run the other through. He turned slowly, as the flames subsided. He was breathing heavy. “Your best soldiers are finished. You’ll pay for what you did to my friends, and the one I love!” The scouts were just starting to move again. Mina had just regained consciousness in time to hear the last part. She smiled, with tears of joy in her eyes. There was no joy in Gado now though; he was totally fixed on the Dark Moon. “You have grown stronger Gado. I’m very surprised you beat the Seven Shadows all by yourself. Well, I guess if you want something done you have to do it yourself.” With that, the Dark Moon hurled two energy spheres at Gado, Who simply walked right through them. Sphere after sphere was shot, and they had no affect on Gado. He just kept advancing with a determined look on his face. “This isn’t working” thought the panicked Dark Moon, “It’s like he’s become death itself. I’m going to have to fight him on his own level.” She made a fist and formed a long blade out of it. Gado never smiled, he only narrowed his eyes. “It appears you chose to die with some level of honor,” he said, his voice was like ice. The sounds of clashing swords rang out through the night. Both the Dark Moon and Gado were locked in a battle only one of them would walk away from, and the sailor scouts could do nothing but watch. None of them had the strength to even stand.
The Dark Moon tried a slash but Gado blocked and then swinging his sword in an arc, he rose up in the air shouting “Kogetsuzan!” knocking The Dark Moon onto her back. The Dark Moon got up slowly. Gado then performed a prolonged version of his last attack, shouting, “Tenha Fusin Zan! The Dark Moon began to bleed profusely. The blood was black, just like the lion monster. She fired another energy sphere, but he just jumped up, electricity crackling on his blade. “Stun Edge!” He then swung the blade, firing a wave of electricity out. The Dark Moon was immobilized by this attack. Gado landed and shouted, “This is the final blow, Dark Moon. I’m ending this war…now!” Gado placed the sword at his side then flashed by the Dark Moon leaving a trail of fire, and ending with his sword outstretched. He then stood upright. “What was that technique?” asked the Dark Moon. “It’s called the “Death of the Thirteen Stars”. I used it on that dirty cop.” Gado replied. “Too bad you missed” said the Dark Moon. “See for yourself” Gado said, turning around. Suddenly black blood spurted out of thirteen slashes on the Dark Moon. “That’s not all” continued Gado, “You know I can make any weapon out of chi. I just implanted an explosive in you.” Gado clenched his fist and the Dark Moon only had time to widen her eyes before being vaporized by the explosion, becoming nothing more than dust.

4:00 am

The Sailor Scouts had finally regained their strength, only to find Gado looking at the stars with a sorrowful expression on his face and out of his armor. “What’s wrong Gado?” Mina asked. “The stars are calling me, I have to return to them.” Mina embraced him, crying. “But why?” “I guess when my body died, I became something no longer human. Therefore I can’t live as a human.” “But it’s not fair! You’ve finally come back to me don’t leave me again!” “It’s out of my hands Mina. I cannot go against my superiors, even if I tried.” “But we need you here. I need you here” Mina was practically begging. The other scouts were all crying now as well. They couldn’t help it. But they knew there was nothing they could do. “I just wish that… it didn’t have to be this way, I’d give all the power I have just to be with you forever.” Gado was shedding his own tears now. Just then, one of Serena’s tears fell on the Silver Imperial Crystal, and it glowed in response to what was going on. Then, a bright, white beam shot from the crystal and hit Gado. He screamed, as Mina had to back off. Gado was floating in the air with his chest facing the sky. Then, all of a sudden, a yellow light burst through his chest into the sky, and he fell to the ground with a thud. Surprisingly, there was no exit wound from the light’s release.
He slowly opened his eyes. He managed to stand up, shakily. “What just happened?” he sputtered. Just then, his pendant floated down to the ground. He touched it, and it glowed. “There’s not as much power in it as before” he mused. “Look everyone!” Mina pointed to the sky. Sure enough, the constellation Draco was back in the sky. “I see now,” said Gado, “I’ve been released by the stars, I’m… Human!” Mina came closer to Gado and put her arm around his waist, and he put his arm around her shoulder. “This is a wonderful day, and I’ll never forget it.” “But what about this pendant?” asked Serena. Either it’s a memento, or…” Gado took the pendant. “well there is only one way to find out.” He took a deep breath. “Draco Celestial Power Up!” The armor formed again on his body. “Well, I guess, I still have some level of my former power. But like I said, it’s not the same level.” He disengaged the armor. “We ought to be getting home.” Rei yawned. “I agree” said Amy, “It’s been a tiring day.” “You know, Gado, you’re really something.”, said Lita, who was already leaving. “I hope you can help us out in the future”, said Serena. As the other four scouts dispersed, Mina turned to Gado. “You want to spend the night at my place?” “I really have nowhere else to go at this point, sure.” Replied Gado. “Great!,” said Mina. As they walked off together they heard Serena shout teasingly from a distance. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!” “We won’t” Mina and Gado shouted in unison.”

Next night, Tokyo Astronomical Research Center

“The stars they’re back!” Shouted Carl. “Ow!” John shrieked as he poured his coffee all over his hands. “Carl!” He growled as he walked over. “But John, you wanted me to give you reports about those stars. Look, the constellation Draco is back. John, why are you looking at me like that? Why are you picking up that textbook? AAUUGGHHHH!” Carl screamed as he ran out the door with John chasing after him, textbook held high over his head.

The end