Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 4: Anger of the Body, Anguish of the Soul


By White Luster Soldier

Sunrise, abandoned beach

Draco was watching the sunrise above the horizon. He had not been able to sleep the entire night. He kept playing back the image of Mina smiling at him over in his mind, and that bothered him. Under normal circumstances he wouldn’t be thinking about such trivial things, but he couldn’t help himself. Mina was also very persistent in trying to get something out of him, something he didn’t think he sill had. Every time he envisioned her face he became wide-awake once more. He couldn’t even enjoy this magnificent sunrise without halfway wishing Mina was there. “That’s it!” He thought, “I’m losing site of my objectives. Hopefully a swim can cleanse my mind along with my body” With that, he walked to the edge of the ocean, took a deep breath, and waded into the water until he was up to his shoulders. He wouldn’t deny it, it was very cold, but he had other plans, and water temperature played no part in it. Centering all his energy into the core of his being, Draco charged up his energy level. It started small, some displaced heat in the water, but it became apparent that his body was emitting flames, creating a barrier all around his body and mixing with the water. The very ocean in a five-meter radius around him was actually boiling. After about thirty seconds the water subsided, and Draco stepped back onto the sandy beach, steam evaporating all over him. In about a minute, he was dry as a bone. Suddenly he heard a voice he knew all too well. “That was a very impressive trick.” Remarked Mina as she strolled toward him. “I don’t use “tricks”, I use techniques. What are you doing here?” Draco asked through narrowed eyes. “I just came to check on my favorite fighter” beamed Mina. “Again you have the wrong picture of me, I am a soldier, not mere fighter.” Mina’s face became a little sullen, “sorry, I just want to be friendly. I want to know more about you, I want to know who you are.” Draco looked her right in the eyes. “You should already know who I was. I was called Gado Drakkan back in the Silver Millennium. But that name died along with my body. As for who I am now, I am simply… Sailor Draco, a being born of the stars, the perfect soldier. I am leaving this place now. Do not follow me.” With that, Draco walked off, his hands casually tucked in his pockets. “Open up,” whispered Mina, “ You’re the same person you always were, you just don’t know it yet.”

11:28am, Hikagawa shrine.
Mina had just arrived at the temple to report to the rest of the scouts. “Well I found Draco alright, and I don’t think we’ve seen anything to the extent of his powers. I watched him boil sea water, using just his aura.” “So what? I can do the same thing.” Stated Rei. “While in the water up to your shoulders?” challenged Mina. Rei’s jaw dropped. “I feel he should be left alone, but my only concern is that he basically denies having any connection to his former self. According to him, Gado died and now the full power of Sailor Draco has taken his place.” Continued Mina. “So your saying he completely refuses to acknowledge his existence, that can be a problem” Amy piped up. “Why’s that a problem Amy?” asked Serena. “Because, Sailor Draco lives only for the fight, with the underlying aspect of protecting the peace. What will happen when the battle is over? There s no telling if he’ll stop fighting, or continue in his path of destruction.” “So you mean, anyone can be his next target.” Remarked Lita. “Not exactly, the people and places he would destroy would have to have evil flourishing within them. However, those who get in his way would perish also. We either need to convince him to regain a sense of his past…”Amy paused for a moment, “or we may need to destroy him. But our main priority should be to eliminate the Dark Moon. We should all be ready at any time to launch a counter attack.” Mina got a stricken look. She did not like that idea one bit. The thought of having to destroy Draco brought tears to her eyes. She didn’t know what attracted her to Draco. Was it the challenge he presented, no that couldn’t be it. It was more the fact she just felt at peace when she was with him. She felt the two of them had met before this, in a time long ago. “Oh, gods I wish I could remember.

10:00pm Tokyo Slums

The day had been pretty uneventful for the Dark Moon. She had been able o gather plenty of energy through the snake monster’s diversion, but she hadn’t received any word from him. Why hadn’t he come back with the good news of the sailor scouts demise along with Sailor Draco? It was impossible, but it did seem to the Dark Moon that she underestimated Draco’s power. “No matter, I’ll just create a new monster,” she thought. And she spied a perfect subject. A drunk had just wandered into the alley. Perfect. She crept up to him and transformed him in the same way as she did the jogger. But instead of the snake like creature, this one looked like a lion, except it stood upright, had some kind of gun on it’s left arm, and had a frame that would rival most body builders. “What is my mission?” growled the creature. “Simple, destroy all the sailor scouts, but most importantly kill Sailor Draco. Attract them by attacking the power station.” “As you wish” the monster roared as it ran off into the night. About a half an hour later, the city lost all power due to massive explosions at the power station.

11:02am, Power Station.

The sailor scouts had arrived in full sailor garb. The monster was using it’s gun arm to blow up storage tanks left and right. As soon as the sailor scouts got through the gate, the monster opened fire on them. They had just enough time to take cover. All of a sudden they heard a sound of wings flapping over them. They looked up and saw Draco in his sailor armor, flying at high speed over them. He suddenly stopped his flight, and tossed his sword high in the air. “Aaaauuuughhhh” was the sound he made as a fireball collected from the jewel in his chestplate. “FLAME SHOT!!” he yelled as he hurled the fireball at the monster then catching his sword on its descent. It exploded all around the monster. Draco turned and told the scouts, “Spread out, and keep moving. Don’t give him an easy target!” “What are you talking about? He’s finished.” Exclaimed Sailor Moon. “Rule number one of the art of war, NEVER under estimate your opponent.” Draco replied. Sure enough several shots rang out as the enraged monster tried to shoot anything that moved. Draco powered himself forward, using his wings to dodge the monster’s gunshots. Charging up his power again, the flames formed a dome around him and his out stretched sword, and his wings spouted the fire behind him like a jet engine. “FINAL BURST!!” he shouted as he plowed right into the monster. It was then that the monster realized the sailor scouts surrounded him. They all attacked at the same time.
“MARS FIRE IGNITE!”
“VENUS CRESCENT BEAM SHOWER!”
“SUPREME THUNDER DRAGON!”
”MOON TIARA MAGIC!”
”MERCURY ICE BUBBLES FREEZE!
There was a big cloud of dust and when it cleared, there was nothing. “We did it!! Shouted Sailor Moon. “I don’t think so” the monster roared. The following gunfire scattered the scouts, not in any particular direction and knocking everyone but Venus out cold. The monster was locked on target. “Say goodbye, Sailor Venus! He shouted as he fired. “NOOOOO! Shouted Draco as he stepped between Venus and the gunshot, knocking both of them into the wall behind Venus. Venus looked up into Draco’s eyes, and saw the pain from the hit. She looked down and saw blood dripping through the armor. Draco dropped down on one knee, letting go of his sword, and Venus followed, with her arms on his shoulders. “Draco, say something!” Pleaded Venus. “Why did I save you?” He stammered. “Why do I care so much? What are these sensations coursing through my body, my soul? I’m a being of the stars, I am the perfect soldier, am I not?” The monster was moving towards both of them, hoping for the kill. “Heh heh heh. After I kill them, the rest should be easy, but I want this to last.” the monster thought with glee. But both Draco and Venus were oblivious, or at least Venus was. Draco was doing something with his hand and his whole body was shaking with what could have been called shaken confidence. But his hand was gathering energy, and that energy was forming a large claw. “I shouldn’t have feelings, emotions. But I can’t deny what is passing through my mind and heart. Why…. Why…” The monster was right on top of them now, bringing his weapon up to bare. It was just at that moment when the other sailor scouts regained consciousness. “WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME!!!!” All the sailor scouts gasped as Draco drove the energy claw clear through the monster’s midsection. Black fluid trickled out the monster’s mouth as it crumpled and turned into dust. Draco was still screaming, now holding on to his head as if he was going insane. With one final look at Venus, he took to the air and sped out of sight. Venus was crying to herself “Oh, Draco, please find peace in your emotions, and please come back to me.” All the scouts watched Draco disappear into the distance.

Next chapter:
The Path Back To The Heart