Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 3: Awakening of the Heart


By White Luster Soldier

The next morning, 7:00am Main Street.

The sailor scouts were all walking up the road to go to the restaurant where they usually got their milkshakes. Serena of course, not used to being up this early on a weekend, dragged on a little behind the group. The milkshakes were just a little something to do besides just talking. Besides, they definitely needed some kind of treat after the previous day. “I can’t tell whether he’s a enemy or an ally.” Stated Lita. “If he was really an ally he would have accepted our help, it’s not like were completely helpless you know.” Lita had been peeved throughout most of the morning, as she took Sailor Draco’s harsh words very personally. She expressed how she felt Draco didn’t think the scouts were good enough. “But if he was an enemy, he wouldn’t have attacked the Dark Moon” Mina said. “Besides, if the legends are true then this battle was destined to happen. I think he feels that it’s his fight and his alone. Also he may just not want us to get hurt.” “Its not just us I’m worried about.” Rei piped in. “This guy is a loose cannon, innocent people could get hurt as well.” All of a sudden, Mina felt a wave of… something rush over her from the direction behind her. She looked over her shoulder and her eyes widened. That same boy, Sailor Draco, was glaring at the scouts, then, he looked back over out the window. “Oh, no. Guys,” sighed Mina,” He’s right over there. And I think he heard us.” “So you think he’ll target us now?” Asked Lita, now quieter. “I don’t think so, but I think I should talk to him.” Said Mina. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” asked Amy. “I don’t know but I have to try” Mina rose from the table, took a big breath, and walked over to the booth Sailor Draco was sitting in. “Hi. “ Mina said. “Can I sit here? “It’s a free country,” Draco said, never taking his eyes of the view from the window. “Thanks” Said Mina, as she sat down.” Nice view, isn’t it?” “I find it relaxing” stated Draco. “Can I ask your name, I’m Mina”? “You just did,” replied Draco. “Well, what is it?” “I have no name, Draco will do just fine.” “So, how long have you been here? “Here in the restaurant, or here, period. If I know Luna and Artemis well enough, you already know the latter.” Draco still had his eyes fixed out the window. “In the restaurant” said Mina. “Long enough to hear you talking bad about me. If you guys have a problem, why don’t you take it up with me personally, instead of just chatting amongst yourselves?” “I’ll apologize on behalf of all of us. We didn’t mean to talk bad about you; we’re just trying to figure you out. I find you very interesting, myself. I wanted to thank you for saving my life. I also feel like I’ve known you before. I just want to know you, like when I may have. I kind of…”Mina stopped herself, feeling she said too much. She looked down, the flush returning to her cheeks. Draco looked at her and smiled a little sarcastically, “I’m glad I don’t get emotional like you people do.” The now shocked Mina looked up, “You don’t get emotional at all?” “Nope, I shed that ability long ago. I shed my emotions. I am the perfect soldier” “But why,” inquired Mina. “Emotions cloud your judgment, especially the battlefield” “Then why did you save me?” Draco’s face darkened, “If you can save an ally, it is your duty to do so. But I did what I did because something inside me directed my actions. I can’t exactly explain it.” A dreamy half smile crept unto Mina’s face. Draco felt something stir in him, like during that split second he saved her, and a look of fear cam over his face. “What’s wrong!? Asked Mina as Draco shot up out of the booth. He leaned over and whispered, “There’s something you should know about Dark Moon. It can infect another being, turning it into a monster. Be careful. Farewell.” With that he rushed out and just kept on running. The other scouts walked over. “what did you say to him” asked Lita. “it’s not what I said, it’s what he is realizing.” Said Mina, still smiling. “Oh, Gods here she goes again” sighed Lita, “but what did he whisper t you?” “he said that the Dark Moon could turn other beings into monsters.” “Just great” said Rei, “ that means it’s going to be all the tougher to put a lid on this. I think we need to keep an eye on Draco.” “But that will diminish our forces!” Said Amy. “It’s a risk we have to take” said Serena. Everyone nodded.

7:00pm, Streets of Tokyo

Jimmy was jogging along the coastal roads, like he always did to keep in shape. He enjoyed it so much. The smell of the sea, the crashing of the waves and the general peace it brought. . He always got lost in the pleasures of these things. In most cases it was perfectly all right, but on this particular night, it was a fatal mistake. He failed to notice a black shadow traveling about a twenty yards behind him.

“He’s a sitting duck”, thought the Dark Moon. “He’s in excellent physical condition, he’d be a perfect distraction for those pesky sailor scouts, not to mention Gado.” With that, she attacked. Jimmy didn’t even have time to scream as tree tentacles surrounded him and another was forced down his throat. It was only a split second before he felt something being injected into him, like liquid fire. He didn’t even feel the tentacles release themselves before the toxins took affect. He convulsed on the ground before his body began to reform into a horrid site. Jimmy had turned into a being that was humanoid snake. He was green and scaly, with a tail instead of hind legs, and a snake’s head. His arms were outfitted with claws like steak knives. It looked up to the Dark Moon and hissed,” What do you, ask of me?” Dark Moon simply smiled and replied,” Destroy Sailor Draco as well as the Sailor Scouts. Don’t say, just do, but just wait until dark.” The monster slithered off.

9:38pm, Coastal roads, ten miles up

Draco was leaning against the rails watching the sea and stars over his shoulder. He knew the sailor scouts were tailing him, always one at a time. First it was Rei as he was having lunch at the pull cart. Then it was Lita as he was practicing his sword techniques in a field. Now it was Mina. He didn’t know why, but he enjoyed Mina’s “company” more than the other girls. He just hoped she wouldn’t approach him again. He was having enough trouble finding out what was wrong with him. But it was kind of annoying, she never hid very well, behind a bush, around a corner, Even behind a newspaper once. He always knew exactly where she was. Right now she was behind a telephone pole, again covering her face with that newspaper. He’ had enough. “Come on out, Mina, I know you’re there.” Mina sweatdropped behind the newspaper, but she’d been made, so there was no backing out. She lowered the newspaper, and stammered, “H-h-how did you know I was there?” “To be honest, your stealth abilities stink.” “Well, excuse me, at least I tried. I haven’t had the experience you’ve got I guess.” Mina stated indignantly. To her surprise Draco laughed out loud. “What’s so funny?” Mina asked. “You are cute, you know that?” was all that Draco said. Mina looked over the horizon. “Thank you, you really are fascinated by nature aren’t you?” “Like I said before, its relaxing” “Do you look at the stars because you’re homesick?” asked Mina. “No, I really have no home, but the stars gave birth to me, so I guess I have respect for them.” “That’s neat.” Said Mina. Suddenly Draco stiffened, “did you sense that?” “What is it?” asked Mina. “it would seem that the Dark Moon has used her infection ability. Call your friends, I’ll fight this one without transforming.” Just as he said that the snake monster slithered out of the shadows, slashing at Draco with a loud hiss. Draco backflipped out of the way, while at the same time formed a sword out of some mysterious energy. “How did you do that?” exclaimed Mina. Draco coolly said, “ I have an innate ability to gather and manipulate chi. I can form weapons and even projectiles out of it.” “Well wait for me! Venus Power, Makeup!” Shouted Sailor Venus. But she couldn’t find an opening. The battle between the monster’s claws, and Draco’s makeshift sword was too intense. But she wanted to help. “Draco, get back, I’m going to attack it too. Draco looked at her and nodded, then somersaulted over the now confused snake monster. “Venus Crescent Beam Shower!” Shouted Sailor Venus as a light shot from her finger up into the sky, where it exploded downward into a hail of energy beams. The creature was rocked by the multiple hits it was taking. “I’ll take it from here Venus.” Said Draco. “Secret move, Senpuuretsan!!!” as he said this, he swung his blade upward, and a small tornado formed where the blade had been. Then the tornado shot forward and hit the creature, sending it up in the air. “And now for the final blow!” Making a sign with his fingers, Draco split into three different figures, which all jumped at the helpless monster and with each word, one of those figures did a sword swipe on the creature, ending with an overhead slash that cut the creature in two, “Ultra, Death, Attack!” The two pieces of the creature crumbled into dust as Draco landed, once again a single figure. He looked back and smiled at Venus, “Good job” he said, then he realized he was smiling. The smile faded, but he couldn’t deny that he… no.. it couldn’t be. He ran off as the other scouts arrived, already transformed. “what in the world happened here” exclaimed Amy, who had her VR goggles on,” I just read an enormous energy source.” She looked at the two piles of dust, “YOU FOUGHT TWO OF THEM WITHOUT BACK UP?!!!“ She yelled. “Calm down Amy, there was only one of them, Said Mina, “Draco cut it in half with an amazing technique.” “In half? Holy… Lita began. “LITA!” the other four scouts shouted inn unison. Lita shrank back, “Jeez, sorry.” “we need to fight with him. He needs our help not only to beat the Dark Moon, but also to regain his ability to have emotions.” Said Mina. “you’re really interested in him, aren’t you Mina”? asked Serena. “I think so” was all mina could say as she looked up to the stars.

Midnight, abandoned beach.

Draco was meditating on the beach. But it was fitful. He just couldn’t keep his mind still. The thought of Mina’s smiling face kept coming back to him. He stood up, frustrated. He held the pendant in his palm. “I shouldn’t be getting these sensations. I am a being of the stars. I am immune to emotions. Then why…. Why….” He couldn’t finish the sentence so he just screamed “WWWWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!!!!!!!”
Next chapter: Anger Of The Body, Anguish of the Soul