Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Second Chapter: Legends Reborn


By White Luster Soldier

12:45 PM, the park.

The Dark Moon glided across the ground towards the Tokyo parkway. She was pleased with all the energy she had collected. All along her path were more dead bodies, all sucked completely dry of energy. Laughing to herself, she imagined the baffled faces of the police. They would never figure out the severity of the situation before they too, fell prey the Dark Moon, and even if they did, their frail minds wouldn’t be able to accept it as fact. Yes, She knew a lot about these humans; their ways and customs. She knew Tokyo Park would be an excellent place to gather energy. And sure enough, there was a big crowd in the park. The Dark Moon collapsed herself into nothing more than a shadow and crept into the middle of the crowd. There she waited for just the right moment.

12:52 pm Abandoned part of a beach

There was a boy on the beach, sitting upright in the sand, motionless. He then sprang up to his feet, never looking away from the ocean. He began with small movements, leading into an intricate dance that some would say was Tai Chi. What many didn’t know, is that the movements were much older than Tai Chi. The way he moved was like the heavens and earth joining as one. His arms were the rolling clouds, his legs the swaying trees. His entire body wove the tapestry of nature. Suddenly his whole body became stiff, and a look of surprise came upon his face. “Oh no, it’s starting.” Hurriedly putting on his shirt and shoes, he rushed off.

1:00 PM, park

The Dark Moon had waited long enough. She was in position to grab as much as twenty people in one swipe. She did not hesitate. With lightning speed, she arose from her shadow and stretched her tentacles, snagging twenty-one people into her clutches. Amongst the screams there was the sound of an explosion as one of the Dark Moon’s tentacle ripped through a car parked in he vicinity.

1:15 PM Hikagawa Shrine

The Sailor scouts were all back at the temple, discussing strategy. “I don’t think that splitting up is a good idea”, stated Ami. “From the sheer amount of energy that Luna sensed, one of us on our own wouldn’t stand a chance, and there probably won’t be enough time for all the scouts to converge at a location.” “You know, Ami’s right” piped up Mina. “If we conduct a search, it should be as a team” Just then, the shockwave from the explosion hit. “What in the world was that!” exclaimed Ami. “Sounded like an explosion, said Lita. “Think it’s the Dark Moon?” asked Serena. “Only one way to find out.” Rei stated. “Ami, can you use your computer to pinpoint the source of that explosion? “I think so. Here it is, it’s in the park just about 15 minutes from here” “Alright then, let’s go!” shouted Serena.

1:27 PM Park

The Dark Moon was laughing maniacally as she was draining everybody of their energy. No one could run fast enough to escape her. Suddenly she looked up in surprise as a throwing blade severed her grip on one person, who ran as fast as he could away from certain death. “You’re early, Sailor Draco” Smirked the Dark Moon. “But do you really think you can defeat me?” “by the holy fires of the earth and skies, I will do whatever it takes to destroy you once and for all.” Said the determined boy. “My powers have grown tenfold since my time in the celestial.” “Tenfold, ha! It’ll take a lot more than that to beat me. I am the champion of the negaforce, the ultimate being.”
Just then the scouts arrived. What they saw was unbelievable. They took in the site of the horrifying Dark Moon. It looked like it was made of pure shadow, black and always shifting, yet it did have solid form. Its hair was made of long black spines, and it’s hands and feet had long sharp claws. It seemed to float above the ground.
Then Mina looked at the boy. He was about 5’7” with black hair and auburn eyes. He looked about sixteen years old, but the fire in his eyes told differently. He was wearing the same white slacks, a green tank top, and a red denim jacket, with gray patches on the shoulders. Around his neck was a pendant with an iridescent jewel Their eyes met, and something seemed to spark in the boys eyes
“That’s it, its now or never” shouted Serena, “Moon Prism Power!” The rest of the scouts followed suit
“Mars Power, Makeup!”
“Mercury Power Makeup!”
“Jupiter Power Makeup!”
“Venus Power Makeup!”
And to the Scouts surprise, there was another voice added to their own. As the boy held his pendant he shouted “Draco Celestial Power Up! A light burst out of the pendant that turned into flames engulfing the boy’s entire body. The fire started forming into armor, starting with the chest and spreading out to the arms and legs. The armor formed was silver with gold trimming. It was like the knights of old, right down to knee high leg armor and gauntlets. Yet there was no helmet, just a headband. The chest plate of the armor was inset with a larger version of the multi-colored jewel that was the boy’s pendant. Then flames spouted out of the back of the armor, forming mechanical wings. And then fire formed between his hands and a large sword. After a pose he shouted “I am Sailor Draco, Guardian of Justice and Honor! By the power of the Dragons, Justice will prevail!” The scouts were in awe. Mina, Whose cheeks were flushed, whispered, “With one breath, the newborn angel took to the air… and the world sighed”
“Very impressive Sailor Draco, you have gotten stronger. And to think it was possible, no?” Dark Moon said maliciously. The scouts meantime surrounded the both of them. Sailor Draco readied his sword. “I won’t let you hurt anymore innocent people. Once, I’ve destroyed you I can finally end this war.” He said. Dark Moon simply laughed and said “Nice speech pretty boy, but can it save your friends?” With that the Dark Moon charged up an energy sphere in the palm of her hand. “Let’s see, eenie meenie miney moe!” She hurled the energy sphere at Sailor Venus. Venus only had time to scream before the sphere made impact, fortunately not with her. Like lightning, Sailor Draco had powered up his wings and carried Venus out of the path of the projectile. As they were floating above the ground Venus’ and Sailor Draco eyes met. Sailor Draco’s eyes were like stone, but were softening, mainly with confusion over something. He snapped out of it and set Venus down. Dark Moon again powers up her hand. “I won’t let you!” screamed Sailor Draco as he rushed at the Dark Moon. He swung his sword straight at the Dark Moon, but she dodged., rising into the air. “soon we will see whether or not this wretched planet can survive the full power of the negaforce. Until the next time pathetic warrior, I’ll be looking forward to killing each and every one of you. HAHAHAHHAHA” “No!” screamed Sailor Draco as he flew up to meet the Dark Moon, but the Dark Moon simply vanished leaving only echoing laughter behind.
Sailor Draco Floated back down to the ground, the armor fading back into his body. He was breathing hard, out of anger. The scouts also transformed into their original forms. Mina was the first to step forward. “Who are you? She asked. “who I am is irrelevant”, Sailor Draco said coldly. Lita stepped forward saying “We’re only here to protect others from the negaverse, just like you, we want to help you. “You want to help me? Then just stay out of my way.” Sailor Draco growled. With that he walked on into the mists till he had disappeared. The Scouts all stood stunned. Mina was on the verge of crying. “I think I’ve known him before, but...but…why is he so cold?”

Next Chapter: Awakening Of The Heart