Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 8: Sorrow For Kitsune

By Becca

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
3 months later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Leave me alone!" Rebecca screamed.
Jean and Z were walking closer to her, evil smirks on their faces.
"It's sad to see a fox with no cleverness- a fox that is a fool!" Jean mocked.
"You are supposed to be my best pilot. You've been trained by the best for thirteen years, but you are still too soft! I must train you more..." Z stated smirking.
"That's enough! I've already got too much blood on my hands!" Rebecca screamed as blood dripped from her hands.
"But we've just begun..." Z whispered smiling.

Rebecca sat up from her dream, sweat running down her face. She had learned how to not scream before waking up, which saved her from Jean's ridicule. She wiped the sweat from her brow and turned on the only lamp in her room. Taking deep breaths, she started praying for God to give her serenity. She held onto the small silver cross, trying to calm down.
She grimaced as a sharp pain from her side went through her body. Jean had shot her there so many times that it was still tender. She sighed as she put her hand through her long bangs.
'I can't take this anymore... I'm a murderer... I shouldn't be using my gifts this way... I'll just go home... I can protect Dad easier that way anyways... Then I won't be helping this war anymore. If Z and Jean want to fight so bad, they can fight without the weak fox...
'I just want to be normal... My innocence was taken away a long time ago, but maybe I can be normal... At least- as normal as I can get...'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rebecca slowly walked into her father's office building. She was shaking from nervousness. Her father and her had never been too close, but she still wanted him safe. It didn't matter if he usually didn't acknowledge her- he was her father, and he loved her.
She walked up to a woman with dirty blonde hair placed in a bun and a blue business suit.
"Good afternoon; welcome to Willington Enterprises. How may I help you?" she asked smiling.
"Hello, my name is Rebecca Willington; I am Walter Willington's daughter."
"Mr. Willington is in a meeting, but I will see if he wishes to see you," she stated getting up.
She cringed as she opened the door to the meeting room. Unmentionable things could be heard coming from Rebecca's father in the room.
"Mr. Willington, your daughter wishes to see you!" the secretary exclaimed.
More unmentionable things were yelled as the secretary closed the door. Rebecca stood almost petrified as the secretary sat down and smoothed her skirt.
"He will be with you in a moment," she stated going back to her work.
A few moments later three men ran out of the conference room with her father yelling at them.
"Go right in," the secretary stated as her father walked back into the room.
Rebecca quietly walked in and closed the door behind her.
"What do you want?" her father asked annoyed.
"Dad, I need to talk to you," she started.
"Dad? I have no family, all of them were killed by a gundam thirteen years ago," he stated angrily not looking at her.
"Dad, you know that's not true! I visited just a few months ago on your birthday! You said I was-" she started.
"Lies! I had no daughter! I had a wife and a son, but they are dead. I don't know who you are you little liar, but I will not take your lies!" he bellowed.
Rebecca stood looking at him petrified. She felt tears rim in her eyes, but she would not let them fall. No one could ever see her cry- they would get satisfaction if they saw her cry. She couldn't allow anyone to see her cry.
"GET OUT!" he bellowed again.
Rebecca walked out without a sound, but turned before shutting the door.
"Dad... we must all face judgment and punishment for what we've done... Remember that," she whispered without looking at him and shutting the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Three Weeks Later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rebecca sighed as she sat in space looking to the stars. She was ignoring all signals from Z and didn't care what he did to her when she returned. At that moment she felt sad and numb. She just wanted to go Home to Heaven where her family was.
She just wanted to escape.
In front of her was the colony her father and his business were on. Rebecca remembered him building up his business from nothing. She smiled remembering.
"Rebecca, a gundam is approaching," Kitsune's system stated.
"Oh? Ookami?" she asked sitting up and returning to reality.
"No; it's 03- Heavyarms."
"Trowa? Is he friend or foe?" she asked amazed.
"I am not certain, Rebecca."
"Thank you Kitsune. Warm-up and be prepared in case I need to switch to ultimate stealth," she instructed strapping herself in.
"Yes ma'am."
Trowa started firing as soon as Rebecca could barely make out his gundam.
"Can we switch to stealth, Kitsune?" Rebecca asked desperately.
"Not yet."
"Open a communicator to him!"
Trowa's blank face appeared on the screen.
"Trowa, what are you doing?! Why are you attacking me?! I haven't done any missions in months!"
Trowa looked at her with a blank stare before cutting off the communication.
"Darn it! It must be his mission. Can't Z leave me be?" she screamed.
Suddenly, something caught her eye. A prototype gundam that she had designed was flying towards the colony her father was on.
"Kitsune, who is that pilot?" she asked softly.
"Shouldn't you be more worried about gundam 03 attacking you?"
"Put us on stealth mode!"
"I can't- there isn't enough power."
"Fine! Just identify the pilot and see if you can't put on acute stealth mode!" Rebecca ordered angrily.
After a few moments, her gundam had disappeared from view, but could be picked up from any radar.
"Do you know who the pilot of my Tigeress gundam is yet?" Rebecca asked quickly.
"Yes... it's Z."
"What?!"
Rebecca watched in horror as the gundam she had designed was pointed towards the colony. Her eyes widened remembering the weapon she had installed in it, a bio bomb. The explosion would kill off most of the people, and any survivors who breathed in the smoke would die of a virus.
"NO! DADDY!" she screamed as the gun fired.
Rebecca's eye widened as she watched the colony slowly destroyed. She could hear Z's laughter over the communicator as she just stared.
His face came on as he said, "I told you that I would kill him if you didn't shape up! And it's by a gundam you designed and built... How ironic!"
Z flew off laughing as Rebecca flew her gundam towards the colony.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Great job! You can kill her now if you wish!" Z exclaimed happily.
"My mission was to distract her," Trowa stated softly.
"Yes, it was, and you did a fine job. But I want you to follow her and make sure she dies. Make sure you wear something over you face or wait for the smoke to clear; that was a bio bomb," Z stated.
Trowa nodded and followed her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rebecca ran with through the ruined streets. All around her were moaning and screaming people. The smoke had already cleared, so she knew she didn't have to fear catching the virus. But if she did, she could take the antidote she made. Before putting the virus in the bomb, she made enough antidote for two people, and both were stored on Earth. She knew everyone on the colony would die.
She picked up the pace as she saw the crumbling business building. The top was barely staying up. It suddenly fell, causing smoke and debris to fly up. Rebecca fell back as she held up her arm.
As soon as the smoke cleared, she ran toward the building again. She stopped in front of it and stared.
All around her were burned or crushed bodies. A few people moaned before dying.
"God help us all," she whispered holding her cross and fell to her knees praying.
"Rebecca-" a weak voice whispered.
She looked up to see her father under large debris. Rebecca ran over and tried to pick up the debris.
"Give... it up, Rebecca,... it's too.... heavy," her father whispered, blood running down his mouth and from his head. His white streaks were red from the blood.
"No it's not!" she exclaimed angrily.
"Becca Bear,... come here," he instructed.
Rebecca stopped trying to move the debris and silently walked over to her father. She kneeled down as his grubby, bloody hand took her small, smooth one.
"I've made... many mistakes in my life... I... hurt you... the most..." he whispered stroking her hand.
"Daddy," she whispered.
"Shh... Let me... speak... too late... my little girl... I could've stopped... ... professor... kept you... innocent... my... fault... why Steven and your mother were killed... God forgive me... I'm so... sorry... Rebecca,... please say... you forgive me..." he whispered, his bloody hand now stroking her face.
"Of course, Daddy, how couldn't I?" she asked trying not to cry.
"You were always... my little girl... I-... I love you," he whispered before cringing and taking a deep breath.
"Daddy!" she screamed.
"You're... never alone... hold onto your faith... I love you..." he whispered as his hand fell.
"DADDY!!!" Rebecca screamed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trowa watched the scene from afar. At first, he was going to just shoot her, but he couldn't kill her in front of her dying father. There was just something inhuman about it.
He watched as Rebecca cried onto her fathers limp body, whispering, "I love you, daddy... it wasn't your fault! ... I fought to keep you safe!... It's all my fault! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME TOO!"
Trowa felt a feeling in the pit of his stomach- the same feeling he got when he looked into her eyes. Something deep inside him didn't want her to cry... Something deep down inside told him to go comfort her.
Trowa tried to ignore the feeling as he raised her gun and cached it. Rebecca looked up at him with tear stained eyes. Trowa's eyes locked with her's and held there. The feeling got stronger the longer he looked. Her eyes were always almost cold and mysterious, but this time there was a deep sadness, a deep longing of some sort.
He felt some strange force pulling him towards her. He slowly walked forward not sure why. He stopped in front of her, their eyes still locked. She lowered her head and raised his hand with his gun to her head.
"Go on and kill me; I have no other reason to live. Fulfill your mission and give me peace," she whispered softly.
Trowa started to pull the trigger as if to fire as she took a deep breath. Then he dropped it on the ground. Rebecca looked up at him confused.
Trowa slowly kneeled down beside her and slowly wrapped his arms around her in a loose and rigid hug.
At first she was as rigid as he was, but then started crying again and gripped his shirt tightly, putting her head on his chest. Trowa tightened his grip as well, not meaning to.
"It... wasn't your fault," he whispered after a long pause.
Rebecca only sobbed into his chest harder. Trowa tightened his grip a little more, still not sure why he hadn't just killed her. He couldn't make himself pick up the gun and kill her; he couldn't make himself harm her.
'...We are the same...'
The strange feeling in his stomach become stronger and almost comforting and warm. He put his head and top of her's and rubbed her back, which made the feeling stronger. As strange and scary as the feeling was, Trowa wanted to feel it.
'What am I doing?' he thought quietly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rebecca cried harder and harder into Trowa's chest. She had no clue why he didn't kill her, but at that moment she didn't care. She felt safe and secure with him there; she could cry in front of him and not feel ashamed.
She felt herself calming down as he stoked her back and felt his breath on the top of her head. There was something very comforting about him being there; there was something comforting about him period.
She finally stopped crying and just let her head rest on his chest. She felt so safe in his arms; she had never felt so secure, ever. She wanted to stay in his arms forever...
Even though they hadn't said a word, there was an understanding that there was a bond between them now that hadn't been before- a scary unknown bond that neither of them understood.
And neither of them wanted it broken.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~