Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 7: Saved By The Enemy

By Becca

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
One month later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Becca sighed as she looked out into the night's sky from a balcony. In the background, violins were playing beautiful but sorrowful songs. She sighed looking into the stars, hoping to see a shooting one so she could make a wish.
Tonight was her father's 50th birthday, and she had snuck into it. She wore her finest white dress and wore her long hair down. She wished she could see her father face to face, but she knew better. She fought for his safety and wasn't supposed to see him without permission. Truthfully, her father usually had nothing to do with her. He acknowledged her existence- usually at least. Z had commanded him to deny that Rebecca was even alive and had forbidden Rebecca to see him. He was her only living family as she was his- the rest of the great Willingtons had been killed in the war somehow.
'For some reason, God has spared my father and me, but for what I do not know... What good am I doing? I am trying to start a war- not stop it...
'I am no better than a murderer...' she thought sadly.
She sighed as she looked out into the night sky.
'The only reason I fight for Z is to keep my father safe... He's my fifth scientist to date, I think, and the most cruel... I wish there were some way to help stop him without him knowing. He seems to know my every move- I can't out fox him. Man, there I am coining my name again...
'Fox really doesn't fit me- I am too weak and feeble minded usually. Book smarts are nothing, and sometimes I think that's all I have. Everyone is able to predict me so well...
'Why do I even bother to fight? Why does everything make sense to everyone but me?'
"My gosh-" a voice whispered.
Becca slowly turned and met her father's blue eyes. He had jet black hair with gray streaks in them and lines around his eyes showing his age.
"Rebecca?" he whispered softly.
She slowly nodded as he stared at her wide eyed. A few tears came out of his eyes as he smiled.
"Rebecca- you're grown up to be such a beautiful woman! Look at you! You look just like your mother, God rest her soul. You have her eyes..." he exclaimed smiling.
He quickly ran over and gave her hug. At first, Rebecca stiffened; it had been about thirteen years since she last had a hug. Then she slowly hugged him back.
"Turn around," he whispered breaking away and watching her.
He smiled as she turned slowly.
"My baby has grown up... and I missed it..." he whispered sadly.
"Dad,... you couldn't-" she started as he held up a hand.
"I know you're not supposed to talk to me, so I won't make you break that rule because of this old man... But, I've never had a better birthday present..." he whispered smiling.
Becca smiled and nodded. She slowly walked past him as a few more tears fell down his cheeks.
"I've done the worst thing imaginable to her, and she still grew up to be a fine young woman..." he whispered as he saw her disappear.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Two nights later, Heero was hacking on a computer inside a base on Earth. He wanted to find all information possible on the two new pilots.
He had been on it for about two hours and finally found a very small profile on Kitsune as well as one on Ookami. Unfortunately, it left many details Heero needed out so he had to search further. Whoever they were, they were good at covering their identities.
Heero clicked on a small button, and the computer shut off. Alarms went off everyone as Heero stood up. Two guards rushed in with guns.
"Stay right there!" the first ordered.
"We'll kill you if you don't!" the second added.
Heero smirked as he started to step forward, but the guards suddenly both fell.
Heero looked to see a woman with long brown hair dressed all in black standing before him.
"Heero Yuy I presume?" she asked.
"Kitsune?" he asked.
"Follow me- I know how to get out," she instructed starting to walk out.
"What makes you think I'll trust you?" he asked raising an eyebrow.
"I just knocked those two out when you were going to sacrifice your life- in other words, I just saved your tail. Doesn't that make me a little trustworthy?"
"No," he answered.
She sighed as footsteps could be heard approaching.
"Look soldier boy, I haven't got time for this. I'm already going to get hurt really bad for helping you; I might as well help you out as well. Z always finds out. Now come on!" she exclaimed holding out a hand.
Heero thought for a moment before taking it and following her. Heero noticed that even while she ran and crawled through the ventilation she was leading him through, she made no noise. It was still strange to Heero that she could do that. She kicked out one last screen and pushed him down a long shaft. He landed outside the base where the trash belonged. She soon followed and sighed angrily.
She took his hand again and led him to a forest near the base.
"This is as far as I take you, soldier boy. Good luck," she stated and ran off without a sound before Heero could say anything.
'Why did she just save me? Is she trying to build up my trust and then use me? She is a fox after all... Even if she saved me, she can't be trusted,...' he thought as he walked into the woods.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few days later, Wufei sighed as he blasted towards the colony he was to be stationed to. He was still thinking about all that had been said a week ago. Quatre had gotten very pale when Trowa, Heero, and himself had said they would've killed Kitsune if it were their mission. Quatre claimed she was their ally because she was his friend.
A communication link opened up, and Wufei sighed seeing it was Z.
"Wufei, I have a mission for you," he stated.
"I thought my mission to go to colony-"
"Yes, it still is, but I want you to destroy a pest for me while you're there."
"Oh?" Wufei asked raising an eyebrow.
'Let me guess, Kitsune?' Wufei thought sarcastically.
"Yes, I want you to kill General Thomas Lee."
"What has he done?" Wufei asked crossing his arms.
General Lee was a great man who was well known for his battles with very little casualties. He promoted peace but was a firm believer in fighting being necessary. He was well loved by the people and his soldiers.
"Do not question your orders!" Z exclaimed.
"I will question them as I please," Wufei stated smugly.
Z narrowed his eyes and stated, "You don't need to worry about what he has done- just kill him."
"Mission denied," Wufei stated simply.
"WHAT?!" Z hollered.
"He is someone fighting for peace, which is what I am supposed to be fighting for. By killing him, I'd be helping the war, not stopping it. My mission is to stop the war."
"Why you little-" Z started and cut off the link.
Wufei sighed as he blasted towards the colony.
'All of us spend so much time worrying about Ookami and Kitsune. According to Quatre and Trowa, they both work for Z as well. Why would Z want us to destroy each other? And why was he so quick to kill General Lee? Maybe we're fighting the wrong enemy... Maybe Z is our enemy...'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wufei walked through the street quietly. Everyone around him was carrying umbrellas because rain had been forecasted by the colony weather people.
A downpour suddenly started, causing people to run for cover or open umbrellas. After a few moments, Wufei seemed to be the only person walking the streets. The hair on the back of his neck stood ever so slightly as he put up his guard.
He heard a howl and turned to see Jean standing with a hood over her head, and a gun pointed at him.
"Lovely weather to die in, isn't it?" she mocked smiling.
Wufei smirked as he got in a fighting stance.
"PULEESE! You think that scares me? Who do you think you are?" Jean asked laughing.
Suddenly, a shot rang through the air. Jean stared as Wufei turned to see a woman with long brown hair going to her waist and clever green gray eyes. In her shaking hand was a gun with smoke coming out of it. Blood slowly ran Jean's hand as she barely held onto her gun.
"Traitor," Jean growled.
"You know, I think you just like calling me that. You've called me that since the day you met me," she mocked letting the gun drop and putting a hand on her hip.
"You're right- it gives me an excuse to kill you!" Jean exclaimed pointing the gun at her head.
Wufei took a double take of the situation. He was in the middle of two baka onnas that definitely didn't like each other. He sighed trying to decide what to do. Finally, he decided just to let them destroy each other; they were his enemy after all. If one destroyed the other, there would be one less to worry about.
"You know, if you destroy me, you'll be helping the person you were supposed to be destroying anyways," the other woman stated smugly.
"It doesn't matter to me," Jean growled.
"Oh, you're just mad because I'm better than you," the brunette stated smiling.
"What?! You? Ha, you can't even fire a gun usually!"
"Yeah, but I've been trained longer."
"Eat lead!" Jean shrieked and fired.
The brunette jumped gracefully back not making a noise as her hands and feet splashed in the small puddles.
She stood unaffected as Jean reached in her pocket for more ammo.
"Look Wufei, this would be a fantastic chance to run before she kills me, and I can't run away to fight another day!" the brunette exclaimed.
Wufei stared at her for a moment trying to decide if she was being truthful or trying to trick him.
"WHAT?! Do you need a written invitation Chinese boy?! RUN YOU MORON!" she shrieked as Jean raised and fired her gun again.
The brunette grabbed her arm as Wufei ran off.
"Uh! There goes my mission! I'll kill you this time!" Jean screamed as she fired at the brunette again.
She fell to the ground unmoving as Jean went to catch up with Wufei.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rebecca slowly picked herself up as the rain pelted on her. Blood ran from her arm and her side from Jean's bullets. She started to walk to her apartment, pondering why she was saving such morons.
She cursed herself for mocking Jean; she knew better than that. She had almost gotten killed because of her dumb mouth today. It would be at least two weeks before she could do anything again.
She sighed as she walked down the empty streets, rain causing her bangs to cover her eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
One Month Later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rebecca walked into the doorway of the room where Z and Jean were talking. As usual, she made no noise so no one could hear her.
"What do you wish of me now?" Jean asked sitting in front of him.
Rebecca sighed seeing Jean acting like she did. She was completely obedient to Z. No matter what, she would follow him. Rebecca believed that kind of blind devotion should be aimed towards God and doing His work, not an evil man like Z.
"I want you to kill Trowa Barton this time. And don't fail me or there will be severe consequences," Z stated quietly and turning his back.
Rebecca smiled knowing where she needed to go. Truth be told, Trowa had fascinated her. He had almost cold green eyes, but when they had softened....
She knew if she felt anything it was lust. He was a very good looking man- very good looking. But she couldn't help wondering what he had been hiding behind his eyes. They looked almost to be searching for something...
Or, perhaps, someone...
Rebecca was pulled back to reality upon hearing Jean moving closer. Not making a sound, she ran to her room and opened her lab top. She couldn't allow Jean to know that the only reason why she was always able to stop what work Z and Ookami were doing was she always listened in on the orders.
She listened as Jean got her supplies and took off in her gundam. Rebecca quietly got her gundam and flew off as well.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The sun was shining brightly on Earth that day. All around Trowa children were playing and laughing. There were even a few lovers going arm and arm down the road smiling at each other looking like nothing could touch them.
Trowa walked as if in his own world, not part of the world around him. He looked so dreary compared to the happy faces of the people around him. He turned down the alley with the truck that had his gundam in it.
Trowa slowly walked over to the door and started to get in. He looked up upon hearing a sound. He took out his gun and pointed it to the sound.
Standing with a light behind her was Rebecca. She wore shorts and white tee shirt.
"Trowa, right?" she asked as Trowa kept the gun pointed at her.
"Peace," she stated holding up two fingers, "I come in peace. You're one of Quatre's friends, right?"
Trowa just cached his gun.
"Hear me out, Barton. Aren't you one of Quatre's friends? I am, too."
Trowa slowly nodded but kept the gun raised.
"Jean's coming to kill you today and will be here any minute," she stated still holding up the peace sign but not moving any closer to him.
"What makes you think I'll believe you?" he asked angrily.
"Nothing- nothing at all. But you're one of Quatre's friends, and I don't want Quatre to get hurt because you died," she stated quietly while lowering her hand.
Trowa smirked as she narrowed her eyes.
"No, I don't love Quatre that way! Don't even act like you know what this is about! Look, I'm trying to save your tail because you're doing good unlike myself! I don't expect you to believe me, but isn't being here enough to show I'm sincere?" she exclaimed angrily.
Trowa kept the gun raised at her.
"Fine! Shoot! Kill me! It won't be the first person you killed! Go on, I know Z wants me terminated- perfect soldier or not!"
"Heero Yuy is the perfect soldier," Trowa stated.
"I'm the newest version," she stated with her arms crossed.
Trowa raised an eyebrow as she sighed.
"I just came to warn you, and Jean probably heard every word I just said so I'm dead anyways. Go on, shoot me," she stated with her arms still crossed.
Trowa raised the gun to point at her head and got ready to fire. A shot rang out through the air, and Trowa grabbed his arm, dropping his gun.
"Thanks a lot, Becca Bear- you helped lots!" Jean mocked from a fire escape.
"Jean- how?!" Rebecca exclaimed as Jean jumped down behind her.
Rebecca ran to where Trowa was and picked up his gun.
"Pity, I am right about you, Kitsune. You have no cleverness at all. It's really sad to see a fox with no cleverness- a fox who is a fool," Jean stated smiling.
"Better than a wolf who kills without thought!"
Jean smirked as she raised her gun at Trowa. Another shot rang through the air, but it wasn't Trowa who was hit.
Rebecca fell to the ground, holding her side.
"Baka onna! That was my last bullet!" Jean shrieked throwing down her gun.
Rebecca slowly stood up, blood soaking into her white shirt. She smirked at her weakly.
"This is the last time you ruin my missions!" she exclaimed and charged for Rebecca.
Rebecca took off out of the alley, Jean following her trail.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trowa stood a moment holding his bleeding arm trying to figure out what happened.
'Rebecca came to warn me, and then she took second bullet meant for me. Why did she jump in front of it? What is she trying to accomplish by saving me? Her story about Quatre was probably to get me off my guard...
'But why did she save me? The last time I saw her, we were enemies. Is she going to be like Relena was to Heero? Great- all I need is a stalker.
'Or maybe it's just a trick... I owe Rebecca for my life, but I still don't trust her...'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~