Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 5: Ookami Unmasked

By Becca

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
1 day later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ookami smiled as Becca limped to her room. She had arrived in last night, and Ookami had already told on her. She loved to see little miss perfect in trouble.
Rebecca had starting training when she was five years old, and was a genius at everything that wasn't physical- that's what Ookami was good at.
He hated Rebecca so much because no matter what, Z let her live because of her training. If he did half the stuff she did...
It just wasn't fair- she couldn't even pull the trigger of a gun... usually. Ookami was the better pilot and always tried to eliminate Rebecca. Unfortunately, something or someone was looking out for her, and Ookami couldn't seem to keep her down.
"Have fun, fox girl?" he asked as she limped past him.
"Jerk! I can't believe you!" she whispered holding onto her side.
Ookami smiled to see her in so much pain. She was covered in cuts and bruises and looked paler that usual.
"That's what you get for defending someone I was to kill," he mocked.
"Oh, by-the-way, I told him that you were trying to kill someone when you didn't have a mission. Z wants to see you now..." she trailed as she limped to her room.
Ookami felt her blood go cold.
"You little!-" he exclaimed growling and kicked her in the back, sending her to the floor.
She let out a groan, coughed up some blood, and fainted.
"Stupid fox... you were askin' for that one..." Ookami whispered as he went to get his beating.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
2 weeks later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ookami sighed as he sat in the cockpit of his gundam. Unfortunately, he was sill hurting from the beating he took two weeks ago. Rebecca had been up the next day, working on her gundam. Of course, that just made Ookami loathe her more- especially when she tried to give him food and medical care.
'She was probably trying to kill me!' he thought angrily.
He sighed as finally spotted the colony he was to land on and kill Chang Wufei.
Z had double sided and was having the original gundam pilots fight and try to kill Ookami and Kitsune. Of course, Ookami and Kitsune were supposed to be "starting" a new war that would help trigger events that would let Z lead. He already had a small army behind him; the only people that would be able to oppose him would be the gundam pilots since his soldiers were imbedded in the Preventers. When he had enough followers, he'd arrange a coup and take over the Earth and the Colonies.
Ookami didn't care what Z was trying to do, he just didn't want to get hurt. He was trained to be obedient- unlike genius Rebecca who had a free mind and decided what was right and wrong according to her morals.
He sneered thinking how'd much he'd like to beat her and be the best as he descended to the colony.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wufei sighed as he walked the streets, hands in pocket. As usual, he wasn't seeing too much action. He was more than a little annoyed that he wasn't being used to stop any on the uprisings he had been reading about in the papers- not to mention the gundam fights.
Wufei was really starting to doubt Z.
Wufei sighed as he walked through an open flower field on his colony. His mind drifted to the day Meiran had died and asked to be taken to a field of flowers.
As much as they fought, and as much as Wufei hated to admit it, he really did care for her. Maybe not love- but maybe one day it would've been.
'Two stubborn people married to each other by force... Maybe- in time-... but Meiran is gone... No need to think of that now...' he thought almost sadly.
Suddenly, he was hit in the leg by a bullet. He fell to his knees and took out his gun. He frantically looked around but saw no one.
'DARN IT! I let myself get into my thoughts and didn't think about my surroundings! I am too weak!'
Wufei turned around to see a dark bulge charging for him. He rolled out of the way as it almost missed him. A loud howl rang through the air as he started to charge again.
As Wufei rolled out of the way, he realized that the howl the person emitted was the same of the howl from the 'wolf' gundam.
Wufei was thrown back as the person hit him. The person howled again and exclaimed, "I am Ookami- the wolf! Prepare to die!"
Wufei kicked him off and jumped to his feet, grimacing from his leg.
"Oh please- the weak don't fight!" Ookami mocked.
Wufei narrowed his eyes and shot his gun at him. Ookami easily evaded each attack exclaiming in a mocking tone, "The weak don't fight! You are so weak!"
Finally, Wufei dropped the gun, and they stared at each other. Wufei noticed that Ookami had ice cold blue eyes and strands of blonde hair coming out of his hat. Wufei's eyes widened a little as he noticed that his built wasn't very masculine... In fact, it was very feminine.
Ookami then howled and charged again. Wufei moved of the way and removed his hat. Long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail fell to her mid back.
"WHA?!" Ookami exclaimed as she reached her hands up.
She narrowed her eyes at him and growled, "Now you do have to die."
She howled once more and charged at him. Wufei moved and tripped her. She rolled down the hill yelling curses at him as he ran as quickly as he could back to civilization.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fortunately, he was able to make it back to the small town before Ookami caught up with him. Wufei couldn't believe that a woman could pilot a gundam so well. She was probably an excellent fighter too, but she had assumed that with him shot he wouldn't be able to think of ways to avoid her.
Wufei sighed as he patched up his leg. It just didn't make any sense for her to just suddenly try to kill him- Wufei hadn't done any missions yet.
Suddenly, Wufei heard something trying to open his door. He reached for his katana and stood in a fighting stance, sweating in pain from his leg.
The door slowly opened and shot a round of shots. Wufei was hit once in the arm, but he dropped to the floor as loud as possible and stayed still. The door very slowly opened as Ookami stepped in. She smirked as she walked over to him and kneeled down to make sure he was dead.
Wufei jumped up and hit her in the back of the head with his katana. She immediately fell to the ground, unconscious.
Wufei sighed as he picked her up and placed her in a chair and tied her up.
He sat on his bed meditating while he waited for her to wake up so he could question her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wufei opened his eyes as he heard a groan come from Ookami's direction. He stood up and put his katana at her throat.
"Who are you?" he asked angrily.
"Ookami," she whispered and spat on him.
What is your real name?" he demanded.
"Ookami," she answered and spat on him again.
"Listen woman, just tell me your name!" he ordered.
"Whatever- it's Jean," she stated and kicked him between the legs. Wufei's eyes bulged in pain as she somehow got through the ropes.
She ran out the door exclaiming, "She who runs away lives to fight another day!"
Wufei sighed counting three wounds in the same hour. He cursed her, wishing he could get more information.
But at least Ookami was unmasked. He decided that he needed to get in touch with the others- who were no doubt fighting too as well- and see what they knew.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~