Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 4: I'm Your Friend

By Becca

"YOU MORON! HOW COULD YOU LET HIM FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE?!" Z exclaimed hitting Rebecca into a wall.
Rebecca very quietly and calmly stood up, not making a sound. Sweat ran down her face from pain, but she didn't let it show on her face.
"I'm sorry, sir. Apparently, you wanted me dead because he tried to shoot me yesterday," she answered calmly.
"Yes, well you were going against your mission! I told you not to meet with that Big guy! What exactly did he give you?" Z demanded.
"What does it matter to you?" she asked calmly.
Z slapped her and stated, "I don't like your tone, fox. I believe you are forgetting your place. You are nothing- an insignificant piece of slime."
Z turned around as Rebecca hung her head so he couldn't see what she was mouthing at him. "And if you forget it again, I'll kill your father."
Rebecca's head jerked up, her eyes wide.
"You can't! You promised that if I did your dumb training- if I piloted Kitsune- used my genius to make machines, you gave your word he would be unharmed!" she exclaimed hopelessly.
"Did you get it in writing?" Z asked smirking and turning around.
Rebecca hung her head sadly.
"Just as I thought. Kitsune isn't as clever as she likes to think... Now go into your room until I think of a better mission!" Z exclaimed turning his back to her.
Rebecca growled as she walked to her room thinking, 'Don't turn your back on me, Z. I could ruin you in a moment- and don't think I won't. I've paid my dues in full to you, and one day I will be free....
'I just wish there was an easier way to keep Dad safe...'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ooh, fox girl got in trouble!" Ookami mocked from in front of her door.
Rebecca was quietly typing on her lab top, trying to find information on the other pilots. For the last two hours, she had laid in pain from the hits Z had given her. She knew her spine couldn't keep taking all the hits he threw at her. She'd just have to learn to keep her rebellion and disobedience locked away until she healed.
"And I know what you risked your neck for this time," Ookami mocked again.
Rebecca ignored her and kept typing.
"Let's see- last will and testament for Walter Xavier Willington..." Ookami read from a piece of paper he had taken from behind his back.
Before Ookami could blink, Rebecca was in front of him, giving him a glare that could kill.
"Give that to me, Ookami, right now!" she demanded.
"Ooh, is fox girl going to cry? Cry, fox girl, cry, because I won't give it to you," Ookami mocked.
Rebecca reached for it, but Ookami, who was taller than her, held it above his head.
"Go on fox girl, cry!"
"I'll tell on you!" she cried out trying to reach the paper.
"Excuse me?" Ookami asked laughing.
"I'll tell your secret!"
"Dear, Z already knows," Ookami stated smiling.
Rebecca stood amazed for a moment as Ookami started laughing hysterically.
"Oh, poor little fox girl- I ruined her only trick. It's so sad to see a fox with no cleverness!" Ookami mocked.
"Why do you hate me so? I've been helping you! You can't be a wolf as you say- you have no loyalty!" Rebecca exclaimed.
Ookami smirked, showing off her pointed incisor tooth that looked like a fang.
"I have loyalty to Z- someone who can help me do what I need. You, my dear, have loyalty to nothing!"
"That's not true!" Rebecca exclaimed angrily.
"That's right... Your boyfriend- that billionaire- Quatre R. Winner..."
Before Ookami could blink, Rebecca had the paper and was in her face giving her a death glare. "Don't you hurt him. He's not my boyfriend, but he's the only friend I have in the world!" Becca warned and then cursed herself; she just signed Quatre's death warrant, and she knew it.
"Whatever foxy." Ookami stated smiling, getting up, and walking away.
Rebecca slammed her door, holding her father's will close to her heart. She knew that he many death threats on his life and if the will got into the wrong hands... like it had with Mr. Big....
She shuddered to think all her father's hard work going down the drain.
And now Quatre was most likely in danger as well. She sighed knowing she'd have to make sure Ookami didn't hurt him.
And as for Ookami... Rebecca smiled knowing his undoing would be coming soon... very soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Two weeks later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quatre sighed as he looked out into space from his gundam. He couldn't believe he was fighting again. But Z had assured him that he would help stop the war before it began.
Quatre didn't want another war to start- the pain and suffering they caused. Quatre hated fighting and used to think it was useless.
But he had learned sometimes fighting is necessary to protect people, and that's when he would fight.
Suddenly, a loud howl rang through the air.
Quatre looked on his radar to see a gundam quickly approaching. He immediately took out his weapons as it came closer, but before he could attack, it slashed him in the back.
"Hello blondie!" a voice exclaimed.
He looked to see the image of a person with a baggy black shirt and an old baseball cap with a few strands of blonde hair coming out.
"Wha-"
"Let's have some fun with your stupid Sandrock! Come on, attack me! Or do you rich snobs have no punch?!" the pilot mocked laughing.
Quatre narrowed his eyes and attacked. The gundam dodged every attack with ease.
"Who are you?!" Quatre demanded.
The pilot let out a long howl and replied, "I am Ookami- the wolf! Now I shall destroy you!"
It charged forward to make one final slash, but out of no where, a light saber stopped him.
"What?!" the pilot exclaimed and cursed.
"Kitsune, you moron- what are you doing?!" Ookami demanded.
Quatre looked to see a black, orange, and white gundam with what it looked to be fox ears on the top of its head.
Ookami clicked off Quatre's communicator as another one clicked on.
This person had a dark blue long sleeved shirt and a baseball cap covering his head. On his shoulder was a small orange bean bag fox.
"Get out of here!" he exclaimed almost hopelessly.
"I-" Quatre started.
"You are needed, moron! Get out of here! I can't-" the pilot continued when Ookami attacked and the pilot clicked off.
Quatre hesitantly started to fly off as he watched the two gundams starting to fight.
It didn't make any sense for that other gundam to save him.
'Who was that pilot?.... Whoever he was, I owe him my life... Ookami was sure to destroy me... he's a much better match,' Quatre thought as he turned back and saw the pilot of the second gundam winning.
'I hope we meet again so that I may repay the favor...'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A couple days later, Quatre got a call as he walked through a green park on Earth.
"Hello?" he answered to his phone almost unsure.
"Hey Q-San! What's up?" Becca asked weakly.
"I'm fine, Rebecca, but are you feeling all right?"
"Well, yes, of course I am. What makes you think otherwise?" she asked still sounding weak.
"I- just asking..." Quatre trailed.
"Anyways, if you're in the area, I thought we could get some lunch. I think us two old buddies need to catch up on everything- you know?" she asked smiling.
"I suppose, but I don't think you're in the same place I am."
"Well, where are you?"
"I'm in Tokyo."
"What a coincidence- so am I! Hey, meet me at Fifth Avenue in twenty minutes!"
"All- all right," Quatre agreed.
"Great! See you then!" she exclaimed and clicked off.
Quatre chuckled and thought, 'How does she do it? She's always in the same area I am when she wants to catch up.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few minutes later, Quatre walked up to a waving Rebecca in a small cafe. To Quatre's surprise, the café was deserted. She looked very weak and had a cut above her right eye.
"Hey!" she exclaimed.
"Hello," Quatre greeted as they hugged.
"How's every little thing?" she asked as Quatre pulled out a chair for her and sat down.
"I'm doing fine. How are you?" he asked as he sat down, hoping she would tell him how she got the cut.
"Eh, I've been better," she answered smiling weakly.
"Becca, where did you get that cut?"
"Oh... uh..." she trailed touching it.
"Did someone harm you?" Quatre asked narrowing his eyes.
"No, Q-Chan, I ran into something or another. Don't give me that look, Winner. We're not a couple, remember?" she asked smirking.
Quatre blushed and stated, "I know; we're just friends. But you're still like a sister to me, and I don't want anyone to harm you."
"Younger or older?" she asked smiling.
"Excuse me?"
"Sister."
"Eh... I don't know... Which do you want to be?" Quatre asked raising an eyebrow.
"Younger- you've got plenty of older ones," she answered laughing.
Quatre nodded as he chuckled.
"Truth be told, if all of them got married and had kids, they could populate their own country!" she exclaimed smiling.
Quatre smiled and nodded in agreement.
A man walked up dressed as a waiter. He had blonde hair falling from a cap and was dressed in a very baggy uniform.
"What can I get you two?" he asked smiling.
Rebecca's eyes got wide as Quatre told him that they weren't ready.
"Now, how- Rebecca! Are you all right? You've gotten pale!" Quatre exclaimed staring at her. Rebecca was staring at the waiter as he walked away, her coloring draining and her hands shaking. "Rebecca, answer me! Rebecca!" Quatre exclaimed.
Rebecca shook her head as if returning and looked at Quatre. She was still as white as a ghost and shaking as if it were the middle of winter.
"Yes- yes I'm fine... I- I... You're supposed to call me Becca, Q-Chan- remember?"
"Well, B-Chan, are you all right? You look ill." Quatre asked very worried.
Rebecca and Quatre had gone out for three months after the war was over. They loved each other very much, but in a brother and sister sense- not romantically. Throughout the three months, Quatre noticed that Rebecca always had bruises and cuts and became sick very easily. Quatre suspected that someone was harming her, but she never told him.
"I'm- I'm fine, Q-Chan, I just need to sit."
"Becca-"
"Yes Mr. Obvious, I know I'm sitting. I-I-" she stuttered as she put a hand on her head.
"You're not well. I'm taking you to-" Quatre started as she put up a hand.
"No Quatre... Don't move... at all," she whispered softly looking into a different direction.
"Rebecca, what's going on?" Quatre demanded angrily. "You're sick and need to get inside." With that, Quatre stood.
"DUCK!" Becca screamed and jumped across the table on top of him.
"What the-" Quatre started when he saw Becca hit with a bullet in the arm.
His eyes widened as he watched Rebecca not make a sound. Her eyes were closed and sweat running down her face, but she did not scream, and she did not cry.
Quatre felt his heart stop. Someone had tried to kill him, and Rebecca had taken it for him. An innocent was being harmed because of him.
"Rebecca-" he started.
"Run- run fast," she instructed.
"What? No, you don't-" Quatre started.
"You don't understand Quatre! Get your gundam pilot butt out of here!" she whispered angrily. Quatre's eyes widened as she jumped up.
He jumped up as well exclaiming, "How did you know?!"
"Quatre,-" she started when the waiter from earlier charged into her.
"Leave her alone; you want me!" Quatre exclaimed.
The waiter looked up and smirked as Rebecca lay unconscious.
"You? Her boyfriend? Why would I want you?" the waiter asked walking forward as if he was about to pounce on his pray.
Quatre starting backing away as he came closer.
"Tell me, blondie, why would I?" he asked.
Quatre's eyes widened as he realized that it was Ookami.
"Ookami-" he whispered.
"Ah yes, now you remember me... Quatre R. Winner, head of the Winner family. Billionaire... murderer," Ookami trailed he came closer.
"Wha-" Quatre whispered.
"Murderer, assassin, gundam pilot. They're all the same thing," Ookami stated smiling.
"That's not true," Quatre whispered and stopped backing away.
"Yes it is- you kill with no regard."
"No! I only fight when necessary!" Quatre exclaimed angrily.
"Oh? I see..." Ookami trailed smiling.
"I hate to fight, but sometimes it is necessary to protect the people you care about. It's me you want, not Rebecca- she is an innocent."
Ookami started laughing hysterically as Quatre stood unchanged.
"Innocent?! Boy-" he started as Quatre charged at him, sending him back.
"Ooh, snob boy has punch!" Ookami mocked as Quatre tried to make another hit.
Ookami dodged every hit Quatre threw at him, and back lashed Quatre several times. He finally hit Quatre hard against the back of his head, causing him to fall to the ground, barely conscious.
"That was too easy!" Ookami exclaimed as he took out a gun and put it to Quatre's head.
Quatre closed his eyes and sighed deeply.
"BACK AWAY FROM HIM!" Becca screamed.
Both Ookami and Quatre looked up to see Becca holding a gun with a shaky hand; her hair was tied behind her with a black ribbon in a bow. Her left sleeve had been torn off and wrapped where the bullet had hit.
"Ha! That's a joke!" Ookami mocked.
"I mean it, back away. Your business is with me Ookami!" she exclaimed.
"Yes, it is, little fox traitor," Ookami agreed smirking.
"Rebecca, what is going on?" Quatre demanded.
"Get out now Quatre; I should've known better than to go to a cafe where there was no people," Becca instructed with her gun still shaky and pointed at Ookami. It looked as if there were no color in her face.
"This is so sweet, Kitsune! You saved him once and now you save him again!"
Becca narrowed her eyes and cached the gun as Quatre's eyes widened.
"You were the pilot of that orange gundam?" Quatre asked amazed.
"GET OUT NOW QUATRE!" Becca exclaimed angrily.
"Oh come on, Kitsune, you wouldn't fire- not even for your boyfriend!" Ookami mocked as she cached her gun.
Becca closed one eye and aimed the gun.
"I dare you," Ookami mocked smirking, showing her 'fang'.
Two shots rang through the air, as time seemed to go still. Quatre cried out in shock as Ookami held onto his side.
"Fox girl can fire a gun..." he whispered and ran off.
Rebecca dropped the gun and ran to Quatre. She immediately took off his shirt and used it to stop the blood coming from his wound.
"Wh-" Quatre started.
"Now you really need to listen to me, Q-Chan. Your wound isn't fatal, but it's bad," she stated gently but firmly.
"Why... why did you save me... twice? It seems that your mission to do the opposite," he asked grabbing her wrist and making her look at him.
"Because Quatre,... You're my friend... my only friend... I-I couldn't let anything bad happen to you. I love you like a brother... and I protect you as if you were one..." she whispered.
Quatre smiled and fainted. Becca sighed and got to work fixing his wound.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later, Quatre woke up in the bed from his hotel. He immediately jumped out of bed looking for Rebecca, but saw no sign of her.
He sighed and sat down on the bed, holding his side where the wound had been. He looked to see a small yellow rose and a note. The note read:

Q-Chan,
I'm sorry for what happened today. I wish Ookami hadn't attacked you; his mission was to kill me, the "traitor"- so to speak.
I can't tell you anything at this moment; it's for your own good. You already know I'm a pilot (no duh), and I've know you were one for a very long time. No Quatre, I don't think you're a murderer- if you are, then I am most definitely one.
Anyways, I have gone to "face the music"- no I won't be killed... You were right, someone is hitting me, but that's all I'll tell you.
DON'T YOU DARE MOVE FOR AT LEAST A WEEK- DO YOU HEAR ME?! IF YOU MOVED YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!!!! Your wound needs time to heal. Call another one of your many friends to take care of you since I am not able to be there.
Stay safe, older brother....
Love ya and God's Best,
B-Chan :0)


Quatre sighed as he laid back on the bed, smiling.
"You are my friend, too, Rebecca... I wish I could help you..." Quatre whispered to himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~