Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 3: Meeting Kitsune

By Becca

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
One Month Later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trowa quietly walked the town in France he had been stationed to. Ever since he had fought in Heavyarms, it had been harder to travel. He cursed himself for fighting where he could be seen. His orders had always been that anyone who saw his mobile suit must not to live to tell about it. Thousands had seen it, but he couldn't destroy the people. Of course, now everyone knew the gundams had been rebuilt.
He cursed himself again for agreeing to piloting again. He hadn't done anything in a month. He was really starting to doubt the man who recruited him; Trowa didn't even know his name. The man just kept reassuring him that he was preventing a war and to keep at it.
Trowa almost had half a mind to kill the man and destroy his gundam again.
"Um, excuse me? I mean- Excusez-moi, monsieur," a not unkind voice asked from behind.
Trowa turned around to see a young woman with brunette hair that fell to her waist and soft green gray eyes. She wore a dark blue long sleeved shirt and blue jeans. Around her neck hung a small silver cross.
Trowa nodded to show he acknowledged her.
"Pardon moi, mais quelle heure est-il?" she asked in French.
Trowa shook his head and stated, "I have no clue what you just said."
She giggled and asked," Pardon me, but what time is it?"
"Oh... I don't know."
"All right. Sorry to bother you..." she apologized, laughing to herself, and walked off.
Trowa sighed as he reminded himself that he needed to learn a little of the language of whatever country he was in next time just in case.
Trowa had never been too into learning different languages- and now that may be a disadvantage.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later, someone ran right into Trowa.
"Ah! Excusez- hey it's you!" the girl from earlier exclaimed.
She now had her long haired tied behind her with a black ribbon in a bow.
"Dude- I am so sorry! Let me buy you la glace to make it up to you!" she offered.
"La what?" he asked raising an eyebrow.
She smiled and answered, "La glace- Ice cream. It's really good here in France."
"That's not necessary," he stated starting to walk off.
"Oh come on, let me do something," she called.
"No thank you."
"Please."
"No," Trowa answered still walking away.
"Oh come on."
"No."
"Look, it's not like I'm asking you on a date," she called rather annoyed.
Trowa groaned and turned around.
"Will you leave me alone if I let you?" he asked almost growling.
"Yes," she answered sweetly smiling.
"Then fine," he agreed.
"Cool! Follow me, monsieur!" she exclaimed running up, grabbing his wrist, and running in the opposite direction.
'Maybe I shouldn't have agreed...' he thought sadly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mmmm... Good ice cream- isn't it?" the girl asked as she licked her cone.
Trowa only nodded as he licked his cone as well.
"I'm Rebecca, by-the-way. Friends call me Becca, and you can, too."
Trowa nodded as he ate his ice cream.
After an un-easy pause, she asked, "And you are?"
"That isn't anything you need to be worried of."
"All right Mr. Strong Silent Type- am I just extremely unattractive or something? I paid for ice cream as an apology for running into you when most people would have just blown you off. I know I am no beauty, but you could be a tad bit nicer!" she exclaimed stopping.
Trowa stopped as well and met her gaze. Her eyes didn't look mad at all- in fact they were almost teasing. There was something warm about them- playful. Something about him made him feel something deep inside that he couldn't explain... and didn't really want to.
Trowa looked her up and down again out of the corner of his eye as she stood with her arms crossed.
"Well?"
"You're not unattractive," he stated before continuing to eat his ice cream.
"Thanks-" she stated looking a little surprised, "now, can I have your name?"
"Trowa," he stated starting to walk ahead.
"Trowa..." she muttered to herself as he started to walk out of sight. "Hey wai-" she called but he was already out of site. "Darn. All the cute guys ignore me!" she exclaimed pouting.
After pondering a moment while eating her ice cream, she started in the opposite direction.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be at the warehouse on Main Avenue at 12 today. I need you to kill Kitsune- don't worry, he'll identify himself," the man who recruited him instructed over his communicator to Trowa.
"How do you know he'll be there?" Trowa asked suspiciously.
"I just do."
"Who are you exactly?" Trowa asked angrily.
"Just call me Z. Now do your mission!"
With that, Z clicked off. Trowa sighed and looked at his communicator. After a moment, he headed into the direction of Main Avenue.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trowa quietly stood in a fire escape of a dark alley on Main Avenue. Inside the alley was a group of four people. There was a man in black suit with two well built guards on both sides of him. In front of him stood a much smaller and petit built person. He wore a baseball cap, blue jeans, and a dark blue long sleeved shirt.
"Look here, I'm going to get what I want," the man in the baseball cap stated in a quiet, clever voice. The tone of his voice caused a shiver to go up Trowa's spine.
"Yes, Kitsune, you will- if you do as I say." the middle man- the obvious leader- stated.
"I think you've forgotten that I make the rules here," Kitsune stated chuckling.
"My men see it differently," the leader stated snapping his fingers.
The two body guards each took out knives and pointed them at Kistune.
He smiled as he got in a fighting stance.
"Bring it on," he whispered.
The two men charged at him quickly. Trowa watched as he gracefully and quietly jumped over them, making them run into each other with the knives. He landed in front of the leader without making a sound; the two body guards groaning as they died from their own knives.
"As I told you- I make the rules," he stated standing before the leader.
Trowa raised his gun now that he had a clear shot of Kitsune.
"Yes, yes Kitsune! Here's what you want!" the man exclaimed handing over a folder.
As Kitsune reached for it, Trowa fired. Trowa watched as Kitsune stepped out of the way from the bullet a second before it was to hit him. It instead hit the leader who fell on the ground dead. Kitsune stuffed the folder in his shirt and seemed to disappear. Trowa looked around for a moment trying to find him. Trowa already noticed that Kitsune made no noise at all, which was unnatural, even for a pilot.
Suddenly something hit Trowa in the back on the head, and he blacked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trowa woke up in a small room, tied to a chair. Kitsune walked casually up to him, not making a sound.
"Trowa Barton- gundam pilot 03 of the gundam Heavyarms. Nineteen years old- specialties piloting and gymnastics. You're most famous for the quote, "Anyone who has laid eyes on a gundam must not live to tell the tale. These were the orders I was given." Am I right?" he asked very casually- his voice higher pitched.
Trowa narrowed his eyes at him angrily.
"Look, what were you doing in that alley this afternoon? Did you mean the bullet to hit Mr. Big or was it intended for me?" he asked pulling up a chair- still not making a sound.
"What makes you think you can pump me for information?" Trowa asked sarcastically.
"I'm not trying to. I just want to know why you are so in tune to kill me. Did Z give you orders?" he asked looking into his eyes.
Trowa's eyes widened as he recognized the eyes. They were a soft green gray that made him feel strange deep down inside. Trowa finally noticed the small silver cross hanging around his neck. It couldn't be... Trowa thought uneasily.
Kitsune sighed as he stood up.
"Well, if you won't talk, I won't try to make you. I really have no time for this; I have bigger fish to fry than a has-been gundam pilot. Aviento, mon cheri!" she exclaimed as she waved and walked outside of the small house.
After a few moments, Trowa was free of the ropes he had tied him in. He immediately ran out to see they were in the middle of a field. Kitsune stood and yelled out a password in French.
Trowa's eyes widened as a gundam materialized out of thin air. It was orange, black, and white with strange devices on the top of its head that reminded him of fox ears.
Trowa immediately ran as Kitsune started to get ready to go into his gundam. Trowa tackled him, and they rolled down the hill, fighting every inch.
Finally, they reached the bottom, and Kitsune took out a gun and pointed it towards Trowa's head. Trowa sighed and waited for Kitsune to blow the trigger; he had no fear to die. He actually welcomed death.
Trowa noticed Kitsune's hand shaking intensely as he held the gun. His eyes were filled with fear, and his skin pale.
Trowa then realized that- for some strange reason- Kitsune couldn't pull the trigger. He could hold the gun and point it, but he couldn't pull the trigger.
Trowa immediately snatched the gun and pointed it towards Kitsune's head. Kitsune's hand was still trembling as he took it in and held onto his cross. Tears streamed down his face as the color returned. For some reason, Trowa lowered the gun.
"Go on, do it," he stated, his voice now higher pitched than before. It was the exact same voice as Trowa had heard before.
"Go on, kill me! I don't deserve to live!" he exclaimed looking Trowa in the eye.
Trowa's eyes softened as he whispered, "Neither do I."
Trowa slowly removed the baseball cap. Brown hair slowly cascaded down and fell to his waist.
Trowa looked as Rebecca stared at him with tear stained eyes.
"You're Kitsune," he whispered almost in disbelief.
"Yeah, what's new?" she asked quickly looking away and taking a black ribbon from her pocket. She quickly tied back her long hair and had it rest in front of her.
"But-" Trowa started.
"Look, it doesn't really matter. You have no clue what's going on, so we're now enemies. And it seems you are more of a coward than I am when it comes to guns!" she exclaimed as she immediately jumped up.
"We don't have to be-" Trowa started jumping up as well.
Rebecca kicked him in the stomach so hard that he fell back.
"I don't want to hear any of that we can work together junk! I work alone- I am Kitsune- the fox!" she exclaimed running towards her gundam and climbing in.
Trowa shielded his eyes as she blasted off, her gundam disappearing again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trowa cursed himself as he got back to his feet. What had stopped him from shooting her?! It didn't matter to him that she had been a girl; it didn't matter if she was crying or not. But something stopped him.
He felt something deep inside of him that he felt while looking in her eyes. It was an almost warm feeling that scared him more than death. It was something he had never experience before, and he wasn't sure what she had to do with it.
'We are the same...' he thought suddenly. He quickly dismissed it and concentrated on what had happened.
Trowa sighed as he knew his primary mission had been failed, but he now knew who Kitsune was, and one of her weaknesses.
Trowa had never known a gundam pilot who couldn't fire a gun. Rebecca's life had been at stake, and she wasn't able to pull the trigger.
Trowa smirked thinking, 'Maybe these new pilots aren't so strong after all.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~