Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 1: Rumors

By Becca

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Two weeks later
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"AWOOO! TAKE THAT!" Jean exclaimed happily.
"Man!" Duo exclaimed throwing down his controller.
Jean, a blonde haired girl with bright blue eyes, had just beaten Duo, her boyfriend for a month, at a fighting video game.
"OOH YEAH! Take that Mr. Maxwell!!" Jean exclaimed standing up and dancing. Her blonde hair fell to her mid back, and she always wore it in a ponytail.
"Do you have to rub it in?" Duo muttered angrily.
"Yes," Jean answered with a big smile.
"I never rub it in your face!" Duo exclaimed, his arms crossed.
"Excuse me? Yes you do! Remember when you beat me last week? Who's the man?! Say it, who's the man?! Duo's the man!" Jean mocked pointing at herself.
"Did not!"
"Did too!"
"Not!"
"Too!"
"Not!"
"TOO!"
"THAT DOES IT! OUT!" Rebecca screamed pointing towards the door.
Duo and Jean stared at the eighteen year old with long brunette hair that fell to her waist and soft green gray eyes.
"What do you mean, Becca?" Jean asked innocently.
"I can't stand your arguing. It's bad enough ya'll come over to my apartment just to play that game, but you two act like morons whether you win or lose. I can't take it! I have very important things to do!" she exclaimed walking over and turning off the system.
"Like what? You're not in school anymore, and your apartment is spotless. What could you need to do?" Duo asked with his arms closed.
"You're right, Maxwell, it's not school or cleaning, but nevertheless important. I can't concentrate with you two shouting every five minutes with your victory yells!"
"At least I don't shake the whole apartment with my victory dance like Duo," Jean offered.
"HEY! I am so not fat! This is all muscle!" Duo exclaimed hitting his arm.
Both girls rolled their eyes as Duo sat hitting his arm and grinning.
"Feel the muscle!" he exclaimed holding it out to Jean.
"I'll pass," Jean stated pushing him away.
"Ah hem... I believe I said out," Rebecca stated angrily.
"Oh come on, Bex, please!" Duo pleaded.
"Yeah, Becca, please!" Jean pleaded with puppy dog eyes.
She sighed and rolled her eyes and looked as if she were changing her mind.
"Well... no," she answered narrowing her eyes.
"Ah Bex, you're no fun!" Duo complained as Jean and him walked out.
"I'll remember that the next time you plea to come over," Becca stated shutting the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Tell me again why we put up with her," Duo stated walking with his hands in his pockets.
"Because I know her, and she always has the best video game systems," Jean answered shrugging.
"You know Babe..., you never call her your friend; just someone you know."
Jean shrugged and stated, "Well Sweetie, I don't think of her as a friend."
"Then why do you always go over to her house and spend so much time with her?" Duo asked almost suspiciously.
"We're partners in a project."
"What kind of project?"
"Nothing big- just a snob project. Her dad is almost as rich as Quatre Winner," Jean stated putting her hand in his.
"Who's her father?"
"Walter Willington. She's his little Becca Bear Willington," Jean answered snickering at the name.
"Becca Bear?" Duo asked raising an eyebrow.
"Oh, don't ever call her that, she'll kill you. She's saving it for her future husband."
"Oh, so she's dating too now?"
"Ha! Her? No way!" Jean exclaimed laughing.
"Not like you, who is prettier," Duo said with a grin.
"Don't even try to win brownie points for whatever prank you want to do," Jean warned lightly pushing him.
"What prank?" he asked innocently.
Since they had started going out, Duo had pulled some of the oldest pranks in the book on Jean. And Jean had pulled tricks Duo had never seen before on him. Duo didn't really mind since it was just more tricks to add to his extensive database.
When Jean's watch started to beep, Duo sighed. Whenever that happened, it was a sure thing she had to leave.
"You got to go?" Duo asked sadly.
Jean nodded.
"Sorry. Love you," she answered, kissing him, and quickly running off.
Duo smiled as she ran to wherever she went. Truth be told, he was pretty suspicious of all her secrets, but he had given up on making her tell him them, for now at least. Duo was just glad to have someone that cared about him that was in no immediate danger. Sure, there were rumors of war and that new group was creating some damage, but it wasn't anything that would start a war.
At least Duo hoped it wouldn't.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Heero watched the news angrily. Many small colonies were being destroyed because of the new Battre ou Touer group. He was itching to find out if the rumors about the new, better gundams were true, but, for some strange reason, didn't. It just didn't make sense what the group was doing. It was created by the colonies and now attacking them. The Earth Sphere Alliance takes no claim to them and neither did the colonies.
It just didn't make sense.
Were they on neither side? Were they just out to kill? The name was in a different language, but Heero was so rusty that he couldn't distinguish it.
Heero walked over to his old computer and turned it on. He was going to dust off his old hacking skills and find out what was going on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Did you hear that another colony in L2 was attacked? They say it was by a gundam," a lady commented on the circus grounds.
Trowa, who had originally been passing by, stopped and listened.
"Really?" another lady asked.
"How awful!" a third commented.
"Yes!" the first one stated.
"I declare- they're going to kill us all!" the third exclaimed as the other two nodded.
"But let's not talk about such dreadful things!" the second lady quickly added.
"Yeah- they're just rumors," the third agreed.
Trowa walked away from the little group in deep thought. This was all new to Trowa. Unfortunately, Catherine had kept Trowa so busy lately that he wasn't able to see the news; he now knew why.
Trowa, Quatre, and Duo had all detonated their gundams together three years ago. Heero and Wufei had done similar but by themselves. They had all believed that the gundams and war had been over in their lives.
Trowa sighed knowing what he needed to do, and Catherine wouldn't be happy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quatre sighed as he stood on a balcony under a bright moon. Inside, the ball was going on with dancing, talks of politics and business, as well as women trying to find him and set him up with their daughters, granddaughters, nieces, and such.
Quatre didn't want to come to this ball, but he knew he had to. It got tedious having to do to all the affairs. He much rather be at home catching up on the attacks. Two weeks had passed since the colony in the L2 cluster had been destroyed, and everyone was bracing themselves for another attack. Many people talked of the gundams being rebuilt again-that they were stronger than the one's that Quatre and the others had used.
Quatre inwardly groaned at the thought. He had hoped he would be able to live his life in peace, without the gundams, from now on. However, his past always seemed to catch up with him.
"Mind if I join you?" a soft voice asked.
Quatre looked up to see Rebecca Willington, daughter of Walter- one of his few business friends.
"Not at all, Miss. Willington," Quatre answered.
She sighed and rolled her eyes as she walked over in a simple dark green gown. Her long hair was in a bun with curls coming out.
"I really wish you'd just call me Becca- even Rebecca. It's better than "Ms. Willington". It's sounds so formal," she stated with a disgusted look.
"Why do you hate it so? It's just a sign of respect for you," Quatre asked curiously.
"Yeah, that's what you say. I just hate having a bunch of fakes acting like they respect me because they want my dad's money," she stated resting her arms on the balcony.
"Tough night?" Quatre asked.
"YES! I've danced with ... twenty jerks so far tonight- all of whom stepped on my feet- and had to laugh at too many lame jokes to count!"
"I see," Quatre stated trying not to laugh at her gestures.
"It's all right- you can laugh. Mr. I Go Outside To Escape the Crazed Wedding Arrangers," she joked hitting his arm softly.
"Excuse me?"
"You know- all the people trying to set you up. Everyone knows Quatre Winner never says no if you ask him to take your daughter out," Becca stated leaning on the balcony.
"Is that what they say about me?" Quatre asked more than a little worried.
"Oh that and so much more, Q-San. It's funny- many of those hens don't even try anymore," Becca commented as she twirled a loose piece of hair.
"Oh? Why?" Quatre asked truly curious.
"They think we're betrothed or somethin' like that."
"You're joking."
"Nope. A few asked me tonight when the wedding was."
Quatre and her looked at each and started laughing hysterically. Although they had gone on dates a few times, even dated seriously for a few months, they both decided that all that was between them was friendship- and nothing more.
"What did you tell them? Quatre asked when he stopped laughing.
"Oh, just that we never set a date," she answered.
"Now Rebecca-"
"Don't worry, Q-san, I only told them that to get them off your back so you wouldn't have to hide outside all night. I also told her afterwards that we weren't even a couple, but those hens never listen to anything I say."
"You really shouldn't call them hens," Quatre almost chided at her.
"But they sound like those hens in really old cartoons!!"
Quatre just sighed and smiled.
"Whatever you say. Do you want me to accompany you inside?" Quatre asked holding out his arm.
"No thanks- my feet need to rest," Becca stated shaking her head.
Quatre nodded and walked inside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Two weeks later...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A soldier sighed as he took his watch late one night at the Isabella base on colony X89739F in the L3 cluster.
At first, he thought he saw a falling star coming towards the colony, but as it got closer, he saw a gray and white gundam with spikes coming out of its hands like claws coming towards them. It had ears on the top of its head that made it resemble a wolf from a distance.
At first he stood petrified watching the giant machine fly towards him. Then he regained his bearing and ran inside screaming, "A gundam! A gundam is attacking!"
Immediately, alarms went off everyone on the base; people dashed to get to the mobile suits, call for back-up and try to destroy it before it destroyed them.
An ear-splitting wolf howl rang through the night right before the gundam completely destroyed the base. It then left as quickly as it came, letting out another long howl.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wufei studied the video of the footage of the gundam again. Somehow, it had miraculously survived the attack. Wufei watched as the gundam came and quickly destroyed the colony after letting out a howl and then letting out another howl before leaving.
"Wufei, what gundam is that?" Sally asked walking in and breaking Wufei's concentration.
Wufei sighed and rubbed his temple in frustration.
"I don't know," he muttered.
"What?" Sally asked.
"I don't know!"
Sally sighed and asked, "Do you think it's Battre ou Touer's?"
"Most likely. What does that name mean anyway?!"
"It's French- roughly translated- fight physically or kill."
"It fits the group," Wufei stated with a sigh and sitting back.
"No one is sure where their base is or when they'll strike next. There is no more information on the group besides its name and a few colonies that might have organized it," Sally explained looking at the video be played again.
She froze it and asked, "Wufei, tell me what that resembles in this shot."
"A gundam," he answered angrily.
"I mean it Wufei- look hard," Sally instructed in a whisper.
Wufei looked closer and saw a wolf.
"It's a wolf- but how will that help?" he asked annoyed.
Sally just smiled and walked out as Wufei rolled his eyes and watched the video again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Heero walked up to the dark building. After about a month of hacking, he had found the base of Battre ou Touer. He was surprised to see that it was just an old warehouse put in the middle of the city.
He quietly snuck in and hid. To his amazement, there were two new gundams he had never seen before. One almost resembled a fox and the other a wolf. He ducked lower upon seeing two figures walk up.
Both wore hats hiding their hair and baggy clothes to hide their gender.
"Hey Kitsune, could you do me a favor?" the first one asked; he had bright blue eyes.
"What kind of favor?" the second asked raising an eyebrow; he had gray-green eyes.
"I want you to add in a stealth system like the one in your gundam."
"No," the second one stated coldly.
"Come on- please!" the first pleaded.
"I refuse- I designed that system myself, and it is staying in my gundam," he answered walking into a room in the back.
"Come on!" the first called and followed him back.
Heero quickly moved in and went inside the first gundam. As soon as he sat down, the restraints automatically hooked him in the machine. The cockpit was a good size for a gundam with new controls he didn't recognize. On the controls lay a small bean-filled orange fox. In the back was a small drawing of a fox with the words Une Renard Seule under it.
"PLEASE!" someone shouted from afar.
Heero then tried to get out of the restraints, but a box saying: "Password:" appeared. Heero tried many different things, but none of them worked.
Suddenly, a small fox appeared on the screen. It laughed, winked, and blasted a hole in the system and climbed in. Heero inwardly groaned knowing it was a virus and tried what was written on the poster. The entire system shut down, and Heero was able to get out.
He immediately leapt out and ran out of the building to think up a new plan.

The person with the gray-green eyes went into his gundam. He then narrowed his eyes upon seeing the system shut down.
"Kitsune est revenir!"
The system came up with a gentle hum and the password box came up.
"Vocal password- Rest in Peace,"
Password accepted came up on the screen and the whole gundam came to life.
"I want to change written password," he announced.
"Type in new password," the gundam answered; it had the voice of a sophisticated woman.
He quickly typed in the new password.
"Password changed," the gundam announced.
"Now to see who the little spy was... If it was Ookami again, I swear," she started reaching for the bean bag fox.
Reaching inside the stomach, he pulled out a little digital camera. After taking out the disk and putting in a new one, he replaced it on its spot.
Since his partner liked to hinder his missions in any way possible so that the partner would look good with the professor, he had planted a camera in his little fox.
He inserted the disk and waited for the gundam computer to give the image.
"Please hurry, Kitsune, I haven't got the time," he stated almost annoyed.
His eyes widened upon seeing the image.
"What the-... hmmm..." he trailed looking at the picture. "Identification scan of the picture," he ordered.
"His name is Heero Yuy," the gundam answered.
The person took out the disk and smiled.
"Thanks Kit, that's all I needed to know."