Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

In the Life of

As her vision started to fade, Nagwa slowly started closing her eyes. She thought to herself: Now my pathetic life full or suffering is finally going to end. The war raged on, and as darkness was enveloping her, Nagwa remembered how it all began.

Years, no decades ago, I was a regular pixie. I was just like my friends, a regular old pixie. I had misty white wings that one could see through, bright sparkling blue eyes and golden hair that tumbled down my back. I loved adventure, I was young, and most of all, naEe and curios about the world. It was my naiveness and curiosity that got me in trouble. One night I went to go explore a castle that was told to have a vampire living in it. My friends warned me, but me and my ignorance went anyway. The vampire race was close to extinction then, but who knew they were planning a come back?

My kind of pixies tend to glow when we have strong bursts of emotion. I was so excited my aura glowed pink as I flew into a castle window. I flew around inside, Looking at the remains of furniture and architecture of the castle. I stood on a table admiring a painting, excited and absorbed without noticing my surroundings. Suddenly, I was snatched. My size is about a human hand in height and the fingers of that hand went all around me.

A pair of gleaming yellow eyes stared at the catch. The moonlight from the window poured in and illuminated my captures face. The face was deadly white with yellow eyes staring at me with a wide, evil, hungry grin that showed two sharp shinning fangs. A vampire. A child vampire to be exact. He smiled at his catch and said,
Look what I caught! A little fairy!Elt;br> Pixie,EI corrected him. He frowned at me
Whatever, I still caught you.EI watched him look me over, his grip still tight around me. My wings had broken which made it harder for me to try and escape because of the pain. The child licked his lips.
Mom and Dad said I cant go out because humans and elves will kill us. I havent eaten in a while so Im hungry. You are going to fill me.Elt;br> I hardly think a pixie is going to fill your stomach boy.EHe frowned, then shrugged.
We wont know unless we try.EThen he stuck me in his mouth and sunk his sharp teeth into the flesh of my stomach. A shooting pain shot through me and spread all over my body. My eyes were tightly closed, my body paralyzed from pain. Then darkness.

When I woke, I was lying on the floor of the castle. What happened? Am I dead? I tried to get up, and then a stabbing pain came from my stomach. Well that makes one thing clear; Im not dead because I can feel pain. I dragged myself to where I could see a window. The sun shone bright in through the window at me. The sunlight hurt me a bit. Morning? When what happened last night? I remember a child, a vampire child. Then he bit meEut after that, nothing. I gasped. My wings! They were broken! But thats strange, I feel them, but they dont hurt. I tried to move them so I could see them, but it did not work so well. After what seemed an eternity, I made it out of the castle on foot. The sun seemed unusually bright and the pain in my stomach was started to cease. I stopped and sat down on a rock in the shade to examine my wound. There were two holes in my dress, one right under the ribs and one by my hips. The wound was starting to heal slowly and there was a small stream of blood flowing out of them, being absorbed into my clothes. I sighed. What terrible luck, first I meet a vampire, then Im food, and now I cant remember what happened. I spotted a lake near by. I hobbled my way over to the edge of the lake and sat down to get a drink. I bent down to get a drink, and screamed.

I was so frightened; I couldnt move or even make a sound. Then I came back to myself and jerked my head away from the water and the horrible sight. Whats going on? What happened!? The reflection I sawEas not me. No, it couldnt be me! But then whose was it? Mine of course! But then how could my reflection look like that?! I panicked. Look left, look right, take a breath, another, another, another, another, breath breath breath breath breath! What am I doing panicking? I need to calm down. Breath in, breath out. Breath in, breath out. Okay, Im calm now. I slowly peered over the edge again and looked at my reflection once again. There it was again, the same horrible reflection stared back at me.

I was no longer the beautiful pixie I was. My teeth, they had those pointy fangs of vampires and my sparkling sea blue eyes were now the dark color of mulberry. But that wasnt all. My wings, my pixie wings were now those of a bat. Tears started rolling down my cheeks and landed in the water, making ripples in my reflection. Anger started boiling inside of me. I lashed out at my reflection, making it disappear. Over and over, I hit the water and cried out. Then, I became weary and just cried. I covered my face and wept, denying that the reflection was me. No, it cant be! Why did this have to happen to me? I sat at the edge of the lake and cried until the sun began to reflect its light onto the water and at me. It pained me to be in such strong sunlight. I crawled away into the shade of a tree and hugged my knees to cry some more. My aura glowed black from feelings of hate, confusion, and sadness.

When I realized, it was dark and the moon was shinning bright into the night. What should I do now? I decided to go back and see what was going on at home. I tried to fly, but I smacked down on the earth. I cant fly? No, I just couldnt use my new set of wings. After quit some time, I figured out how to open up my wings to its full potential. My wing span was at least twice the length of my arm span. When I tried to flutter my wings like before, nothing happened. I finally figured out how to flap them. I tried to fly once more, back down to the ground. For several hours, it was the continuation of smacking down to the ground and getting back up again and flapping some more. After much struggle, I succeeded in staying in the air. I tried my hardest and moved forward. It may have been faster if I just walked, but I didnt. I am stubborn. I managed to learn how to stay in mid-air, move forward, backward, and a bit sideways. Then I decided to fly back to the woods where my fellow pixies lived.
It was late in the night, most of lights in the houses were off and everyone was in a deep sleep. Our houses are built in the stumps of trees by digging a small hole in the roots, just enough not to hurt the tree itself. I hide behind a tree, watching and making sure none of the guards of the village saw me. I couldnft show myself like this. No one is going to recognize me like this; no, I was too different. The same feeling of anger and hate started to boil inside of me. I was careful not to get caught by the guards, for they would surely not let me go. I silently flew to my house and quickly went inside. I lived alone, for my parents were killed by humans on horses who did not see my parents on the ground and trampled over them. But I was not with them fortunately; I was a baby still in my cradle. I quickly and silently gathered all of my stuff to leave, and never come back. How could I come back looking like this? After gathering all of my stuff, I looked back once more, at the place I grew up, and left it behind.
I went out the door and looked up, there in front of me stood a guard pointing an arrow at me. I froze, he looked at me with a cold glare.
gWhat were you doing in that house?h He asked me, still pointing the arrow at me ready to shoot if I moved.
gI live here.h I relied without thinking.
gDonft lie you demon.h I was in shock of what he called me. A demon. Is that what I have turned into? I looked away from him, my fists clenched with boiling anger.
gA demon eh?! Is that what you think I am!! I am not a demon you bastard!h I struck at him full force with my fist. He was hit square in the face with the blow and flew back. I could not believe my strength. But I took that chance to run. The guard blew the whistle and I could hear the other guards coming out. I flew as fast as I could away from the village, away from everybody. I heard cries and shouting. Then they started shooting the arrows. I flew side to side, weaving around trees. Trying to get away. But alas, I was not skilled enough in my new wings to get away. One arrow zinged by my cheek and scratched it. Another arrow hit the back of my thigh, and I started falling. I tried hard to keep flying. But I fell on the ground.
I fell hard onto the cold ground surrounded by tall grass. I crawled farther into the grass, blood flowing out of my leg. I froze, I heard the guards above.
gWhere did she go?h
gI donft know, I thought I hit that demon though.h
gShe must have fallen.h
gItfs too dark to find her, letfs go.h
They left, I breathed again, laying there, not being able to move. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the pounding pain in my right thigh. Breathing deeply, I grabbed the arrow. Immense pained rushed over my whole body. Still breathing deeply, I grabbed the arrow tightly and yanked it out. I cried out in pain and choked down my cries. I canft let the guards hear me, Ifll get killed. I slowly sat up and tore a piece from the bottom of my dress and wrapped the cloth around my thigh. I took in a deep breath and tied it tightly. I arched my back and bit my lip, the pain pounding from my thigh. I breathed and lied down back on the ground. I was crying by then, sobbing and clutching soil in my hands. Why does this have to happen to me? What did I ever do to deserve all of this? Slowly, I fell into a troubled sleep.
What? Where am I? Itfs dark. Am I alone? Mom? Dad? Is that you there? Where are you going? Donft leave me! No! Nnoooo!! I jolted up into a sitting position, and regretted that I did that. Pain pumped from my thigh. Was it a dream? I clutched my thigh and rubbed my eyes with my arm. I looked up to see the sun blaring down. It pained me and burned a little to be in the sun. I scooted myself more toward a near by tree for shade. My thigh felt as if it was on fire and it had swelled up to about twice its size. The cloth was dyed blood red but the bleeding seemed to have stopped. I managed to crawl to the stump of the tree with all of my stuff and leaned on the tree. It was high noon about high noon and all was quiet around. A slight breeze rustled the leaves; that was the most noise around this area. Where am I? I thought hard about where I was, but my memory of last night was all a blur. I wanted to stand up but my body would not let me. There was too much pain and not enough blood inside of me at the moment. I leaned looked around for my stuff and held it closely by me as I tried to sleep once more. Concentrate on keeping my eyes closed and ignoring the thought that I was all alone. That dream bothered me, but I tired not to think of it too much. gGah! I quit! Who cares about sleep!h I became irritated and abandoned the thought of sleep. I opened up my bag of stuff and looked for a book.
After rustling thorough, I finally found the book I was looking for. It was a book with leather binding and it was about vampires. I knew I had read about vampires. I flipped thorough the book, looking for a certain passage. I found it and began reading it. gThe percentages of vampiresh Was the passage. I found out that from a childfs bite, I could only be at most, a fourth of a vampire. After finding that out, I looked for the chapter labeled, gWeaknesses of Vampiresh. It listed the weaknesses for a fourth vampire and the things we canft do. We could see ourselves in mirror and whatever works as one, but we should anything holy. Also large doses of garlic and long hours in the sun was not advised. Some humanly things, us vampires are immune to. We were immune to anything minor, scratches, illnesses, and aging. But anything fatal to a human was fatal to a quarter, which included a stake through the heart. Our strength increased ten times more that what it was and drinking blood help increase it also.