Chapter 6

 

A wild, savage spirit has been unleashed

With a deep hunger that needs to be quenched

How does one tame such a spirit?

 

IN THE LAST CHAPTER:

Standing stately over Xahra, Lidal reached down and grabbed her head. With a quick harsh twist, Lidal snapped Xahra’s neck. Haughtily, she dropped the now limp head and let out an imperious roar of triumph.

 

Standing there, Piccolo, Dende, Gohan, Sixteen, Trunks, and Goten had no clue what to do.

Abruptly Lidal turned her head to glance at them. A strange hungry look came into her eyes as she sized them all up. Startled, Piccolo recognized that look. It was lust. He let out a groan. "We’re in trouble."

Gohan glanced at him warily. "What is it?"

Dende noticed the look as well. "Oh no."

Vegeta took charge. "Trunks! Goten! Leave, now!"

When his father spoke like that, Trunks knew better than to argue. Grabbing Goten, he went super and sped out of there. Lidal narrowed her eyes at the boys’ departure and then quickly turned her attention back to the fighters before her. Growling low in her throat, she made her move.

Quicker than an eye blink, Lidal pounced on the unsuspecting Gohan and immediately began clawing him. Sixteen and Piccolo instantly leapt to his aid but Lidal fended them off with her sharp nails, snarling menacingly at them. Gohan tried to slither away but Lidal kept him pinned with her astoundingly strong legs.

Vegeta knew exactly what to do. Crouching low, he growled fiercely at Lidal, as if he was issuing a challenge. Surprisingly, it worked, sending Lidal into a furious craze. Letting out a tumultuous roar, she hurdled towards Vegeta, nails extended for the attack. Vegeta immediately straightened to defend himself from her attack. Taking advantage, Dende pulled Gohan to safety and began healing the deep lacerations all over his chest and abdomen.

Quickly, Piccolo and Sixteen pulled Lidal off of Vegeta and tried to hold her down. It was a difficult struggle, as Lidal’s heat-driven frenzy made her surprisingly strong. Vegeta came up and landed a brutal blow to her head, effectively knocking her out. Piccolo scowled at him as he laid Lidal gently on the ground.

"She may be your daughter but in the state she was in, she would have killed you," said Vegeta bluntly.

Dende came forward quickly and reached into Lidal’s sash. He pulled out a small metal container that contained a syringe and three vials of a strange yellowish-purple liquid. "This must be her serum."

"Then you had better inject it into her, before she wakes up," replied Piccolo.

"Serum? What is going on? Why did Lidal attack me? What was making her act so insane?" asked Gohan, downright confused.

Piccolo sighed warily as Dende calmly injected the fluid into Lidal’s arm. "Lidal is in heat, Gohan. She was driven by primal instinct and had no control over her actions."

Gohan’s eyebrows went up in alarm. "You mean, she wanted to mate? With me?"

Vegeta snorted. "You were the best available choice. You’re the closest to her age and very powerful. It’s what any female of any species looks for in a mate."

Gohan blushed fiercely. They watched as Dende healed Lidal’s injuries, which weren’t that bad, considering. Within a few moments her eyelids fluttered as she regained consciousness. Looking at the concerned faces above her, Lidal began to worry. "Since I can’t remember much, I take it I lost control."

Dende nodded. Kindle chirped an affirmative from his shoulder. Lidal sighed. "Did I hurt anyone?"

The fighters all exchanged glances. It was Gohan who responded. "Not too badly. You did defeat Xahra though."

"I did?" Carefully Lidal stood up. Chirping, Kindle switched from Dende’s shoulder to hers. Glancing around, Lidal spotted Xahra’s corpse. Getting a closer look, Lidal saw that she had broken her neck. Straightening, she shrugged. "Oh well. I did warn her that I would break her neck."

 

Author: That was corny, wasn’t it? I try not to be corny. Still a few chapters to go. I guess the biggest question now is how will Lidal get home? I don’t know. Just have to wait and find out.


Go Back a Chapter
Go to Next Chapter
Return to THE LIDAL SAGA