Author: Finally! I know you guys have been waiting for this! Drumroll please! Dun, Dun, Dun! Tada! The actual get together of Piccolo and Kyloa!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What? Still here? Go on! I know you’re dying to read it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9, Part II

 

It took him nearly two days but Piccolo finally reached the forest where Kyloa lived. At some point along the way, Byrn had rejoined him, barely able to keep up but too curious and stubborn to quit. Quickly Piccolo zipped in and out among the trees and reached the clearing where the waterfall was in record time. He was just in time to see Kyloa disappear completely in a tree. The look on her face had been one of fright and surprise. Embyr was in a tree nearby and nearly fell from her perch in surprise at seeing Piccolo and Byrn.

"Oh, no you don’t, nature girl. Can’t get away from me that easily," muttered Piccolo. He alighted on the ground and stepped up to the tree. In one swift movement he gave the tree a hard kick and a moment later, Kyloa came stumbling out of it. Byrn joined Embyr in the tree, eager to see what would happen.

Kyloa whirled to face him, schooling her expression to not reveal anything she might have been thinking at that moment. Piccolo studied her, his eyes soaking up the sight of her as if he was a plant withering away without water and she was the water.

The way he was looking at her was making Kyloa extremely uncomfortable. "What are you doing here, Piccolo? I did not think to see you again."

Piccolo adjusted his gaze so he could meet hers. "Hello to you too, Kyloa. It’s nice to know that you’re alive."

Kyloa gave him one of her unreadable looks. He was surprised to find that he missed those. "I’m sorry. But you know I prefer to live alone and unknown." She paused, scrutinizing him. "If you have nothing else to say, I would suggest you leave."

Piccolo glared at her, instantly silencing her. "You still have a promise to keep Kyloa."

She looked away ashamed. She had remembered the promise but she did not wish to face him or any of the others ever again. She had been afraid and had felt guilty about Goku. And it was just too painful to face him.

Piccolo had figured that out for himself, having become somewhat familiar with Kyloa’s ways. He continued on, ignoring the fact she did not answer him. "You promised to tell me everything if we both survived the fight with Queen Frozena. Well, we’re both still alive and Queen Frozena is dead. Yet, you still have not explained why you live alone, away from civilization, although I have a pretty good idea why now."

Kyloa stared at him, unsure of how to take what he was saying. He gave her a patient look. "Why did you never tell us that you were the one that King Kold had impregnated?"

Kyloa turned around, unable to face him as she told him. "He didn’t rape me, if that’s what you’re thinking. He had his medical officer plant his seed in me, like I told you before. Everything I said was true, except for the fact I was the one who gave birth to Frieza, not some random woman. I didn’t tell because, I was, um ashamed. And afraid of your reaction."

"Kyloa." Piccolo reached out to comfort her but she scurried away from his touch. "Kyloa. We’re friends. I wouldn’t be much of a friend if I condemned you for something that was not your fault."

Kyloa’s voiced choked up as she tried to speak. "I was so foolish and young. I went right up to his ship, curious, not in the least bit suspicious of who might be inside. If only I had stayed away. And after all that happened, as I lived imprisoned, I still held out hope that I could get away after I gave birth and that the baby would not be evil. But after all those hours of labor, the first time I looked upon my baby was in horror. He didn’t have a Shizen mark. And that could only mean one thing."

Piccolo raised an eye ridge. "What?"

Kyloa wiped her eyes, determined not to cry. "The Earth can tell when a Shizen has an evil spirit. You can’t hide it from her. And once she knows, she takes away you’re Shizen marking, alerting everyone else to your true nature. And then that person is usually banished. But I have never heard of a baby being born that way. The evidence was right there in front of me though. At the first chance I got, I ran away, abandoning my baby to that evil monster, not bothering to give him a second chance."

"You did the right thing. A person like Frieza could never have changed."

"We’ll never know now, will we? He’s dead," replied Kyloa bitterly.

"He’s better off dead, Kyloa. I know you understand that," said Piccolo, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes. I know. But it still hurts," answered Kyloa.

Neither of them said anything, just respecting the silence. Finally Kyloa broke it, beginning to walk back towards the waterfall. "If that’s all you wanted to know Piccolo, I feel it is time for you to go. You can let the others know that I’m –"

Piccolo interrupted her. "That’s not all I wanted to know, Kyloa. You promised to explain the dreams and my mission as well. But I think I have figured that out now."

She swiveled around to face him, shock and fear registering on her features. "Y-you ha-have?"

Piccolo gazed deep into her eyes. "Yes, I have."

Kyloa gulped and fiddled with her hands. "What exactly have you figured out?"

Piccolo stepped closer, making Kyloa more nervous. "I was finally able to get a good look at the baby from the dreams. It was a Namek baby, with a Shizen marking upon its forehead. It was easy to see what the Earth wanted of me after that. The baby is mine and . . . yours. I know why now the Earth changed my physiology. She chose me to be your . . . " Piccolo found to his embarrassment he couldn’t say the word.

Kyloa turned away. "You are right. The tattoo you bear upon your chest is the mark of the betrothed. She chose you to be my bondmate and to help restart the Shizen race. She felt that I had put it off long enough and decided to hurry things along a bit."

Kyloa whipped back around and said earnestly, "I am so sorry! I didn’t know she would do that! But it is optional. You don’t have to if you don’t want to."

"Would you be disappointed if I refused?"

Kyloa blinked and retreated a few inches. "What?"

"Do you want me to be your mate? Tell the truth Kyloa."

Kyloa blushed fiercely and averted her gaze. "I am very fond of you Piccolo," she murmured. "You might think it silly but I think I love you Piccolo." This time it was Piccolo’s turn to blink, as he was dumbfounded. "And I don’t want you to become my mate if you don’t have feelings for me. And I very much doubt if you feel for me that way."

"You’re wrong." Kyloa jerked her head up in surprise to look at him. "Do you know what you have done to me, nature girl? I can’t even train anymore without thinking about you. I don’t know what love is supposed to feel like but I’m pretty certain that is what I feel for you."

Kyloa looked up at him in disbelief. Piccolo sighed inwardly. What will it take to get you to believe me? A wild thought flitted through his head. He stepped closer and Kyloa looked at him suddenly in fear. He leaned forward, cupping her soft face in his large hands. Slowly, he brought his face closer and gently brushed his lips against hers. A strange wonderful feeling filled his being and without thinking about it, Piccolo kissed her again. It was deeper and longer this time and for some reason Piccolo felt relief and fulfillment when Kyloa responded and began earnestly kissing him back.

They pulled away from each other a few moments later, breathless and astonished. Regaining his breath, Piccolo studied Kyloa. She was flushed and fidgeting almost imperceptibly. Reaching out, he placed his hands on her shoulders and brought her closer, so she couldn’t run away again. In a low intense voice he said, "I am telling the truth Kyloa. I love you. And I would like to be your mate, if you are willing."

Slowly she began to smile and timidly stepped closer to him, slipping her arms gingerly around his waist. He returned the hug, placing his arms around her body in a tight grip, not wanting to ever let go. "I guess I can take that as a yes."

Kyloa’s smile grew and she looked up at him. "Yes, you can."

Piccolo looked down at Kyloa’s smiling face and found himself wanting to smile as well. So he did. And then he kissed her.

 

We’re heading for something

Somewhere I’ve never been

Sometimes I am frightened

But I’m ready to learn

Of the power of love

 

The sound of your heart beating

Made it clear

Suddenly the feeling that I can’t go on

Is light years away

 

‘Cause I am your lady

And you are my man

Whenever you reach for me

I’ll do all that I can

 

We’re heading for something

Somewhere I’ve never been

Sometimes I am frightened

But I’m ready to learn

Of the power of love

 

- From "The Power of Love"

Sung by Jennifer Rush

 

 

 

Author: Think it’s the end? Not quite yet! One more chapter to go!

I know what you’re all thinking. What more could happen after they finally share their first kiss? Just wait and see!

 By the way, was this chapter long enough for you guys? I was trying to make up for the last chapter, which was pretty short. Oh and go check out the two new drawings I posted at my site.

 


Go Back a Chapter
Go to Next Chapter
Return to THE FROZENA SAGA