~ Season 2 ~
Notes I took while watching
episodes of Season 2. Oh, and there are two episodes from Season 3 tacked
on at the end (Basics, Part II and Coda respectively). Oh,
and Resolutions has
a page of its
own because it's the one shred of canon J/C I can cling to after the horrors
of season 7.
- B'Elanna doesn't recognise what the stuff is
in the back of the pick-up truck. Janeway not only identifies it as poo, but
guesses that it's horse poo after she sniffs it. I can just see Janeway in
dungarees singing "I've got a brand-new combine harvester..."
- Janeway's hair has a sausage roll-shaped
hairpiece instead of a bun.
- Tuvok wielding his phaser after the truck backfires will never get old
- The pick-up truck (a 1936 Ford) starts after, what, four centuries of floating
in space? My friend's Ford Ka has a two-year battery - clearly Ford don't
make them like they used to.
- Chakotay finishes Janeway's sentences! J/C hints are the best part of
the early seasons
- Tom Paris has never landed a starship before. Rather more worryingly,
neither has Janeway. Am I the only one who wonders why the rest of the
staff on the Bridge aren't scared witless?
- Blue Alert! Hee hee!
- A lock of Janeway's hair falls out of place on the descent through the
planet's atmosphere. Should've used more hairspray, love.
- Oh, look. It's the planet they landed on in the episode where Seska got
- "My Gaad!" Say it like it is, Farmer
- The lighting inside the aircraft is a little bit dim. Nice lipstick,
- In the briefing room while Janeway is explaining who Amelia Earhart is,
Chakotay turns around in his seat to look at her. Aaw.
- According to the Trivia subtitles (!11one!!) included on the DVD, the script
lists the other 37's as "A Japanese officer, an African-American farmer, an
Indian woman and a Scandinavian fisherman". Holy ethnic diversity, Batman.
- Paris suggests trying to 'rush' Noonan. Why didn't they just shoot the
gun out of his hand when it was two against one and they had the chance?
- Another excellent Tuvok moment - "They may be up there -" *Pow!*
- Oh, bugger - another possible way home foiled. Not entirely unexpected,
though - it is only the first episode of the second season.
- There's a nice scene in the ready room between Janeway and Chakotay
- Janeway wonders if she's the only one who wants to get home. I'm sure
there are at least a few crewmembers who want to see their children again (Tuvok
can't be the only parent on board). All Janeway has is a dog (well, maybe
Mark's still waiting at this point)
- According to the Trivia subtitles (these should be on every episode...), Neelix was called Felox at one point, Tuvok was Vicon, Kes was Dah (!!), Harry
was Jay Osaka and Janeway was named Elizabeth.
- Chakotay: "No matter what happens, we'll make it. Remember that."
All while clutching Janeway's shoulder. Janeway must have incredible
- For some reason I always laugh at 'Akoocheemoya'.
Whenever the music includes the cheesy 'Indian cue' an 'Akoocheemoya' usually isn't far off.
- Continuity: when the shuttle is hit by phaser fire Chakotay is sitting with
his stone in his hand and the medicine bundle is unfolded in front of him.
In the next shot half of the bundle is folded up.
- What was the name of Rom's son (/Quark's nephew) on Deep Space Nine? Nog?
Anyway, the Kazon teenager is played by the same actor.
- Chakotay calls Kar 'son'. It makes him sound like a grandad.
- Chakotay does a loop-the-loop with the shuttle
- Chakotay prattles on about how he doesn't want a fight, but then destroys the
teenager's ship. What happened to just disabling the weapons array like in
every other episode?
- Hah. Apparently Neelix is helping Lieutenant Ayala cope with "the
separation from his children", thus
there are at least two parents on board (see the summary for The 37's...).
- Janeway tells Neelix that his meals are becoming a highlight of every day.
Neelix practically ejaculates.
- Janeway calls all the away teams back and goes after Chakotay's shuttle just
because he hasn't contacted Voyager for a few hours. She also gets a bit
hissy when Paris suggests that someone blew up Chakotay's shuttle and then
- "I'm a gentle man, from a gentle people." I prefer Angry Warrior Chakotay, but
it still works.
- Thank god Chakotay tackles Jal Haliz. He was starting to look like a big
- Oh, look. It's the same caves we saw in the last episode.
- Chakotay claims to cherish his Federation uniform, despite the fact that
less than a year ago he was running around in leathers with the Maquis.
- Akoocheemoya. Ha ha ha.
- Because of B'Elanna breaking into Sickbay,
we never find out how to re-activate the Doctor once he has terminated his
- In Deadlock the Doctor mentions that he has
been programmed to be heroic, yet when he hears a noise at the Sickbay doors
he dives for cover. Wuss!
- The Doctor revives Janeway and pulls her
upright without having scanned her. Surely there was a risk of broken
bones and the like...
- "Missed me!" Oh, I'm sure many people wish
he hadn't, Neelix.
- The Doctor takes on an armed Kazon with an
egg whisk. I take back what I said about him being a wuss.
- While the Doctor was fighting the Kazon in
the Messhall the Captain evidently managed to find an Emergency Haircare Kit
behind one of the bulkheads. When she was revived by the Doctor her hair
was rather messy and bits were falling out all over the place, but when she
enters Sickbay it's perfectly tidy save for one short lock hanging down over
- Speaking of haircare, have a look at
Barclay's giant combover.
- The crew are stored in memory block 47-a .
- I fail to see how Barclay can persuade
anyone to accept anything given that he clearly can't accept losing his hair.
- Nobody else in Sickbay appears to notice that two
crewmembers have vanished before their eyes.
- It's really strange to see Kes without
- The Doctor speaking in Janeway's voice will
always be freaky. It also reminds me that Mulgrew's voice isn't as deep
as I think it is.
- "Are you sure about that?" Kes is becoming
quite the little minx, isn't she?
- Kissing in the turbolift? Dirty dirty!
- I don't think we ever see the couple again,
but she's a Maquis and he's a Starfleet officer.
- "Indiscreet ship-board fraternisation" -
it's all about the euphemisms
- "Sorry I missed it" - Paris is a Peeping Tom
in a somewhat literal sense.
- Neelix and Kes have a domestic in the
- Ensign Wildman has a Janeway-inspired
- She really does care! Chakotay enters
the Bridge and after exactly twelve seconds Janeway asks him about
what's bothering him. She notices that something's not right with him in
less than half that time.
- Chakotay suggests that they "establish a
policy regarding fraternisation". Because if Chakotay's not getting
some, then nobody is!
- Chakotay and Janeway smirk and whisper
about people pairing off. All the J/C fans sit up a little straighter.
- Janeway ruins the mood by pointing out that
she wants to get home "before Mark gives [her] up for dead". Most of the J/C
fans slump back down again, the others form various theories about how, given
she doesn't specifically say she wants to get back with Mark, she just
wants to break up with him/collect her dog from his house/play Scrabble with
- There are some very significant looks in the
aforementioned conversation about pairing off.
- Continuity: when Kes takes a big handful of the
spawn-beetles out of the tray and eats them there aren't many left, yet when
she reaches down to take a second handful the tray is full again.
- Kes' dress gets caught on the heel of her
boot when she rushes to hide the evidence of her bingeing in the cupboard
- It's just all about Ensign Wildman in this
episode, isn't it? Out of all the culinary delights of Earth, she
recommended mashed potatoes with butter to Kes. I prefer to mix chopped
spring onions into my mash, but anyway.
- The French audio for the part where Neelix
alerts Sickbay and carries Kes away should have its own age rating
- "You can't mean my body likes dirt...?" It
just doesn't sound right :s
- Why does Neelix just stroll in and out of
the Bridge when he doesn't even have a Starfleet rank? I'd tell him to
bugger off before he set one foot out of the turbolift.
- "Join me, Commander?" Ooh!
- "I wasn't even thinking about procreation."
says Chakotay. Because cheap, meaningless sex is the name of the game on
- "But I suppose it's the...inevitable
outcome," he continues. Not if you take precautions like sensible
Starfleet officers (ie. don't take a leaf out of Tom and B'Elanna's 'Oh, but
we didn't think it would happen' book).
- "We should consider that it might be
necessary for the crew to start having children." The line that spawned a
- Can you imagine an offspring of Neelix and
Kes? A horrifically ugly child that lives a short life? It already
sounds like a bad docu-drama.
- "Someone would have to keep an eye on the
little guy all the time..." "That's right - that's called being a
parent!" I like bitchy Kes.
- I don't really want to think about how that gunge on Kes' hands makes the mating bond possible.
- Neelix and Kes have to do the dirty deed for
six days. Also something I don't really want to think about.
- Neelix wants to teach his son "romantic
techniques". Bloody hell.
- Chakotay seems quite well-versed in mating
- Kes' eyes change to a sort of yellowish
green colour halfway through the episode. She looks possessed.
- While Kes is talking about having to get
someone to rub her feet, Neelix is so feeling her up.
- Kes tells the Doctor that if she were at
home then her father would be performing the Relisisin ritual with her.
Isn't her father dead? I'm sure she mentions it in Resolutions
- I find it amusing that Chakotay suggests
acting submissively while Janeway's standing on the step staring him down.
He also steals a few glances at her...combadge (see my
- "It appears we have lost our sex appeal,
Captain." Truly one of the best Voyager lines ever.
- "...if I have any questions about mating
behaviour, I'll know where to go." How suggestive, Janeway.
- After the above comment the German and
Italian dubs had Janeway and Chakotay audibly laugh, whereas they made no
sound in the original. The German dub seems to do that a lot...
- And Ensign Wildman's up the duff. She
says that "[she] wasn't even sure until a few days ago", yet in the previous
episode the Doctor mentioned that Voyager had been in the Delta Quadrant for
six months. It took her six months to notice? Should she
not be getting a bit chubby by now? Yes, I know this episode was meant
to be in the first season, but it's still a valid point.
- We see Libby for the first time. Those
are certainly the most magnificent eyebrows I've ever seen.
- Harry's diploma reads "Harry S. L. Kim"
- "[I thought of you ]...every nanosecond."
That is, like, so hawt, Harry.
- "But if you loved me..." Blah blah
blah. Gawd, Libby's a
- Tom's waistcoat in this is awful. Yes,
he's a sad drunk, but still.
- The plot of this seems a little bit thin.
Harry wakes up at home, a magical Italian barista tells him that he may or may
not be able to get back to Voyager, Harry gets back, the end.
- If I were Tuvok I'd have kept Harry on the
Bridge out of spite.
- Janeway's hair is really out of proportion
in this episode - it looks roughly like the shape of a birds' nest plonked on
the top of her head.
- Look, a plastic cake!
- That locket is really quite ugly...
- I'm sure I'm not the only one who sings the
'doo doo, doo doo doo' of the Muppets' Manamana song when Tuvok reports the
- Voyager has a gym, apparently. I always assumed they'd
just use the Holodeck to keep fit, but I suppose they keep their Holodeck time for
holonovels and stuff rather than exercise.
- B'Elanna gets an eyeful of a crewman in his
boxers. He elects just to stand there and let her enjoy the view rather
than cover up.
- Chakotay's looking rather trim in this
episode. Maybe he's been frequenting Voyager's gym...
- Janeway tells Harry he's been "one of the
bright spots of the mission". Bleh.
- Someone on VAMB posted that the manual
override devices (suction-cup things used to force doors open) are called
'emergency hand actuators'. Hee!
- Oh dear lord - a small section of hair is in
Janeway's face! In the later seasons I almost miss the state of
Janeway's hair acting as an indicator of peril. "We're losing bun
- Chakotay's a bit of a bitch towards Tuvok in
- "Where's the rest of the crew?" It's not
like you ever cared about them before, Harry...
- Chakotay socks one straight to Tuvok after
he tries to assert his status as Janeway's minion. At least Chakotay is
taking command for once.
- As much as I like to see Chakotay being all
authoritative and sexy, I do agree with Tuvok that B'Elanna's idea is stupid.
- Chakotay's head is rawther close to
Janeway's as he speaks to her...
- Psycho!Janeway is always good.
- "Maybe this is one bear we can't wrestle to
the ground." Interesting metaphor, Chakotay. When was the last time you
wrestled a bear, incidentally?
- This is a good episode for Tuvok. I
mean, at the end it's basically a big "'Told you so" for him.
- Chakotay and B'Elanna's exchange is a bit
curious. She asks him if she can join his spiritual whatchimacallit and
he answers "I thought you'd never ask". We already know from season 1's
The Cloud that not only has Chakotay already helped B'Elanna find her spirit
guide, but also that she tried to kill it. I think that proves that she
much faith in the whole concept.
- The way Tuvok lays his hand on the
chaise-langue is nice, although I wish it had been Chakotay.
- Oh, look. Nothing happened. The
ending's a bit blah, but on the whole I don't think the episode is especially
- Kes really takes the simulation a bit too
- "I'm famous for my dirty tricks, you know."
- Tom has juuust a hint of a dirty old man "Ho
ho ho!" laugh - listen carefully just before he says "Sounds like a challenge
- Janeway's hair is in a long bob with the front
sections curled slightly which I loved at the time, but now...well, compare it
with the short cut of the later seasons. It's amazing what some eyebrow shaping,
different make-up and a slightly darker hair tint can do.
- Given that she goes back to the bun in the
next episode, Janeway (not Kate Mulgrew) must be wearing a wig in this
episode or else her hair grows amazingly fast.
- "If you ask me, I say you enjoy it."
Methinks Harry knows something we don't...
- "You've been doing the same thing to
yourself your whole life." - if I didn't know what context this was in...oh
- Sorry about the above. The
conversation between Harry and Tom in Harry's quarters is rather nice.
- In the Kes/Neelix dinner scene there's an
extremely ugly golden sculpted head behind Neelix
- The Doctor eavesdrops! Another Peeping
Tom on the ship!
- B'Elanna's roots are looking a bit flat.
I think she needs to change her shampoo
- The scene in the Messhall with Kes, Tom and
Harry is quite amusing.
- "We have a loooot of 'Bridge operations
business' to discuss." How good is that for a euphemism? I'm sure Janeway
and Chakotay use it a lot.
- There isn't enough of hissy bitch Kes in the
Messhall, but hissy bitch Neelix is almost as good
- Neelix's insult: "You sub-class
genus!". Not quite on a par with "Welcome to the O.C., bitch!".
- Fight in the Messhall!
- Janeway is very good in the Ready Room.
Her advice regarding Tom and Neelix's problem? "Solve it." - you tell them, Kathy.
- Excellent - more of hissy bitch Kes.
The look she gives the Doctor when he reminds her of the consequences of
skipping lunch is priceless.
- "[On my world] you choose a mate for life.
There's no distrust, no jealousy..." "Your world must have very dry
literature." Top-notch, Doctor.
- Hah. Sarcastic Neelix on the shuttle.
- What exactly do Kes and the Doctor do at Red
Alert? Sit around Sickbay playing Scrabble until some casualties arrive?
- Oh, look. It's those caves from
Initiations and The 37's
- What's 'not encouraging' about a B minus?
It's not that bad. Not brilliant, but not so terrible either.
- "Before Voyager my life was no bed of
roses." "No, more like a bed of..." (pause)"You were going to say 'junk', perhaps?" Er,
he was possibly thinking of another four-letter word, Neelix.
- "That was my ingenious plan,
Commander - you are correct." Is Tuvok slightly bitter? Maybe he hasn't
forgotten Chakotay's bitchiness in the previous episode
- Apparently Tom wears faux lime aftershave.
- Neelix is so broody.
- Wait - the first shot of the alien ship
makes it look about half the size of Voyager. The second time we see it
it's the other way round and Voyager looks tiny next to it.
- "To be honest, if you weren't around I'd be
knockin' at [Kes'] door." And the tone of the conversation was lowered just
like that. It's always Tom, isn't it?
- "I don't choose Kes' friends for her...just
my own." Aaw. This is a nice episode
- "Er, Captain? Are you in any
particular rush to leave?" "Did you hear what I just said, Neelix?" Sock it to
- "If you hear muffled screams, consider that
as a request for a beam-out." Season two has some chuffin' good lines.
- According to Neelix, there are 27 bottles of
Potok cold fowl in existence.
Persistence of Vision
- "I can't drop everything whenever you call!"
Touché, Janeway. Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning.
- Janeway's hair actually looks quite good in
her Mrs Davenport get-up. Although now I'm positive that Janeway uses
hairpieces, because I really don't think her hair is long enough for that
elaborate plaited bundle at the base of her head.
- Poor Janeway. She misses her dog.
And that old man with poor taste in clothes. No, really - am I the only
one who thinks Mark looks a bit more like her dad than her fiancé?
- Young Henry looks like he's wearing rather a
lot of mascara...
- "It's just a cup. Don't be a goose!" I
really want to re-read some Enid Blyton books after hearing that line.
- Earg - Janeway picks up a cucumber sandwich
and then puts it back. I hate when people do that. Tsk.
- Hee hee - Psycho!Janeway
- I have to say that cucumber sandwiches sound
a lot more appealing than fried murt cake.
- Stress causes delusions?
- "I felt as though something hit me, bounced
off me and then I saw the little girl moving right into you." That sounds more
like that stupid "I'm rubber and you're glue" cack I read in The Babysitters Club rather than a mirror, but anyway.
- I seem to remember seeing Janeway's bed in
other episodes and it wasn't as big...
- There's a horrible box with a fish on top on
a shelf in Janeway's bedroom. In Resolutions it's on the top of
the cabinets when Chakotay fetches the combadges. I can't believe that
out of all the things she could have packed, Janeway chose to take something
that ugly with her to New Earth.
- Jesus. Janeway throws Mrs Dempleton
onto the sofa and pins her to the ground easily. What a beast.
- One of the ships that de-cloaks looks an
awful lot like a Kazon ship. Are they taking the opportunity to use some
battle footage from previous episodes?
- Tuvok is supposed to have fairly strong
mental powers, yet he's the first to succumb to his delusion.
- Tuvok used to play a lute for his wife.
What a fox.
- Gah, Torres and Chakotay. Why, why?!
I really like their friendship in the series. Oh well, at least it's
never mentioned again.
- In the German dub Chakotay suddenly switches
to the familiar form of 'you' when he says the 'I want you with me...' line to
B'Elanna. I have no idea whether it's the same for the other dubs, as
German is the only foreign language I have a vague grasp of. It's a nice
- In the German dub Chakotay and Torres' kiss
seems a bit louder XD.
- I wish we knew what Chakotay's delusion was.
Although I do sort of like that we can assume it was about Janeway.
- Is that pillowcase the same pattern as
Chakotay's waistcoat in Resolutions?! (edit: see
- "You used to love it when I kissed you
there..." I'm not really sure where Mark was aiming - was it Janeway's neck? Her
collarbone? Her shoulderblade? I really wish that scene wasn't
there - at least before this episode I could pretend that they took vows of celibacy.
- Janeway's expression is slightly different
between camera angles in the turbolift. From the right-hand side her
mouth is open, from the left it's shut.
- When Janeway enters the turbolift, Chakotay
is standing to her right in a trance. When the camera zooms in on her as
the doors open, there's nobody standing to her right. Did Chakotay
- The next shot is of Kes and the Doctor in
Sickbay. Didn't Kes tell the Captain earlier that she'd go to the Bridge
- Neelix tells Kes that Ashmore tried to kill
him with a carving knife because he mistook him for a Kazon. Yes, I'm
sure that was it, Neelix.
- "Why did you do this to us?" "Because I
can." Well, at least he's honest.
- The episode ends on a slight WTF? note, but
I suppose it's okay. I still like it, anyway.
- Ooh, angry teenager Chakotay
- Now Ensign Wildman has a Mrs Davenport-type
hairdo - the front is the same but the back is different, although in both
styles the back is plaited in some way. Is Wildman consciously emulating
Janeway's hairstyles or are the stylists getting lazy?
- When Chakotay enters his office (followed by
Janeway) he looks rather satisfied. Methinks they were off breaking
protocol before their meeting...
- At first Chakotay's father refers to the
tribe as the Rubber Tree People, but then in his office Chakotay refers to
them as the Rubber People. I think there's a bit of a difference, Chakotay...
- "Besides, we are in the business of
exploring, aren't we?" The suggestive pose, the facial expressions...Janeway's
- She pats his arm - unnecessary touching!
I'm sure she's walking the walk as she exits - if only the shot didn't cut so
- I have trouble believing that the teenager
is meant to be Chakotay. His features seem an awful lot darker.
- We find out that Chakotay was born breech.
No, it wasn't something I really wanted to know either.
- Does anyone else find that teenage Chakotay
really reminds them of Aladdin? I think it's the voice.
- Eek! Spooky face reflected in the
lightning! Chakotay seems unaffected.
- Don't sniff, Doctor - use your hanky.
- Captain Sulu sponsored Chakotay for
Starfleet Academy, seemingly. If I'm not mistaken, however, I think
there's some debate among the fans as to which Sulu he's referring to.
- The hawk tries to claw out Neelix's eyes.
Oh dear. It also goes for Chakotay, but he waves his arms wildly and it
- Hee hee. The Doctor has man 'flu.
- Kes prolongs the Doctor's suffering.
What a little minx.
- If I'm not mistaken, Beltran has started to
dye his hair a little...it's looking a little less speckled. It could
just be the light, though.
- Teenage Chakotay resists being undressed by
- Chakotay strips off! We almost see his
BUM, but there's a support beam in the way to protect his modesty.
- ...is that a body double? His hair
looks a bit different to Beltran's.
- Janeway attempts to land Voyager just to
collect Chakotay. Aaw.
- "Would somebody turn that off, please?" -
Paris, in response to the Computer's warnings. Haha.
- Chakotay says goodbye to the Sky Spirit with
a nice manly hug. Aaw.
Janeway's hair: Bun
- The Computer voice gives us a quick recap of
the 'story so far' in what is possibly Majel Barrett's longest speech on
Voyager to date. Beats chirping 'Affirmative!', I suppose
- Isn't reading the minds of other crewmembers
a gross invasion of privacy?
- Neelix is getting a haircut and is annoyed
because his ear-hairs are being trimmed. First of all, I don't know who
on earth would trim ear-hair without being asked and secondly...does Neelix
even have ear-hair? Well, not now, I suppose.
- Tuvok saying the word 'giggles' makes me
- The Doctor keeps the Caretaker's remains in
a bowl in a cupboard in Sickbay
- Haha, the infamous moment where Janeway
catches Chakotay staring at her backside. I must say I didn't notice it
until someone pointed it out on VAMB - decide for yourself. It's right
after the part when B'Elanna informs the Captain that they've placed the
Caretaker's remains in a hexiprismatic field.
- Chakotay gives Janeway a very cheeky grin
when she looks around..
- That's quite a uniform, Tanis.
- Aah! Kes boils Tuvok like a turkey!
- When Kes screams she sounds like an elephant
- The temperature of Tuvok's blood rose by
37 degrees? Shouldn't he be dead?
- Glowing flowers...is Kes tripping?
- "I know this flower..." Just say No, Kes!
- Tanis turns a nice shade of tangerine when
he tells Kes to "know all the life in the room"
- Kes kills all the pretty flowers. Oh
- Tanis has a somewhat evil smile
- Another knowing smile between Chakotay and
Janeway! Do they know something we don't?
- Eek - scary slug-thing snaking into
- "She wants to destroy the ship!" A ZOMG!
moment if ever there was one.
- The little girl suddenly starts speaking
with an adult woman's voice, which is a bit spooky. Does Majel Barrett
voice Susperia, too?
- Blood dripping on Janeway's shoulder!
This episode has a few horror-moments, doesn't it? I half-expected
Susperia's head to do a 360-degree turn at some point.
- The dubbing of the little girl's voice is
good - I don't think it ever goes out of sync.
- Neelix gets thrown across the Messhall!
He gets bashed about quite a lot in this season, doesn't he?
- Neelix's throw is rather spectacular - he
zooms backwards, lands on his neck and turns a half somersault into the
- Kes boils Tanis! Tanis bleeds from the
mouth, nose and eyes, but his head doesn't swell up like Tuvok's did.
- I get the impression that the scenes with
the little girl were filmed at a different time to those with the other cast
members - we never see her in shot with anyone else.
- Tanis recovers remarkably well from being
boiled to a frigging crisp.
- And their hopes of getting home are dashed
- Janeway says that she'll do all in her power
to find the female Caretaker again, yet I don't think she's ever mentioned
again in the series. Don't make promises you can't keep, Kathy.
- Kes can't boil things with her mind anymore.
- The episode closes with Tuvok and Kes
preparing to do a little mind-invasion again. Surely there are rules
- "I had you right where I wanted you"
Sizzling talk, Chakotay. Shame it's directed at B'Elanna
- The fight in the cargo bay starts off well,
but then the Starfleet officers mince down the ladder from the upper level while the Kazon leg it
through the ship. I'd have liked to have seen Tuvok dive off the
platform to kick some Kazon arse.
- "Perhaps Commander Chakotay could use his
intimate knowledge of Seska to manipulate her." Janeway doesn't look
especially happy at that...
- "I guess Seska's not the only one who knows
how to compromise our security systems." Truer words were never spoken,
Janeway. I think Naomi Wildman could have taken a shuttle off the ship
had she been so inclined.
- "[Chakotay] isn't exactly my favourite
subject right now, Lieutenant." Dammit, Janeway. Get over it.
- Look closely at Janeway when B'Elanna tells
her that Chakotay was in love with Seska. That's not a happy face!
- Sexy authoritative Chakotay! And all
he's doing is pointing a phaser.
- "Lovely to see you again." Ee!
- There's love in Janeway's eyes as she hears
the message from Chakotay...
- Chakotay takes on two Kazon officers.
My, he's so rugged.
- "You can't possibly believe that you and I
could still -" "Don't flatter yourself! It was never that good!" Bitter
Seska. She's probably just jealous because Janeway's getting all the
- Seska used to rub Chakotay's shoulders and
tell him he was the most exciting man she'd ever known. What a fox.
- Earg. Beaten-up Chakotay looks like a
scary old man.
- We're losing hairstyle integrity!
Janeway's bun starts to go during the battle.
- Transporters can render some types of weapon
useless? Good to know.
- High drama between Janeway and Chakotay in
the ready room.
- Janeway says that Chakotay ran off like
'some cowboy'. I think I prefer the Angry Warrior comparison.
- Janeway puts Chakotay on report. So in
the end she doesn't really punish him. Hm.
- After Chakotay comments that he's spent
enough time alone with Seska, look at Janeway carefully. For a
split-second she looks disgruntled. Well, maybe. She is facing
away from the camera, after all.
- Scary Hallowe'en smile from Seska on the
"You're going to be a father" line.
- Neelix sticks his nose in a loaf of bread.
Bleh - I hope he at least intends to buy it.
- Tuvok wears some horribly clashing patterns
- Janeway gets shot in the neck! Well,
quite close, anyway.
- Tellerium. A seemingly essential fuel
for the warp engines that I don't believe is ever mentioned again.
- Janeway wakes up in a house with a crazy old
man who thinks that she's his daughter, despite that she can only be about ten
years younger than him at most.
- Janeway wears a skirt with a split up the
side. Rather risqué for an away mission, no?
- "Surely there's someone who has an illegal
transmitter" Encouraging criminal activity, Janeway?
- Sexy Commander Chakotay. He should be
in command more often.
- The Caylem actor is very good.
- Janeway is still waiting for their middleman
after three hours. I think you've been stood up, love.
- Janeway decides to use her body to get what
she wants. It also seems that she's not the only one who's fallen from
grace - look at B'Elanna's thigh-high hooker boots.
- Slutty Janeway. Oh, my.
- The Vulcan Neck Pinch! Excellent.
- Chakotay grins widely when he hears
Janeway's voice after they're transported back
- I like how the Builders gave the robots a
- B'Elanna tried thirteen different methods of
reinitialising the robot's power source
- Neelix limits crewmembers to two pots of
Landras blend coffee. I'm sure Janeway takes exception to that.
- Talking to an inanimate object, B'Elanna?
It's probably a sign of madness.
- B'Elanna's pyjamas look quite comfy.
- The robot's designation is Automated Unit
3947 - another 47...
- Oh, the mighty Prime Directive. The
beginning of a turbulent relationship.
- As much as most discussions about the Prime
Directive used to make me roll my eyes, I definitely agree with Janeway on
- We're losing bun stability! Always
proof that Voyager is in a real pickle.
- B'Elanna won't be allowed to leave the room
while she's on the robot ship. Obviously the robots won't have any need
for sewage facilities, so I'm guessing she'll have to poo in a corner.
- "If you fail, you and your people will die."
For some reason this line is so amusing when it's spoken in a matter-of-fact
- B'Elanna describes Data as 'the only
sentient artificial life-form' in her society. Er, is she forgetting the
Doctor? She spoke with him earlier in the episode!
- 3947 is a father! And according to her
own judgement, B'Elanna is a mother. I pity poor Prototype Unit 0001.
- A Robotic War! Does anyone else
remember Robot Wars? Now that I think about it, it was a rubbish
TV program, but anyway.
- B'Elanna describes how the unit "looked up
at [her]". One wonders how this was possible, given that the unit had
- Similarly, she recounts with some emotion
how it "asked her for programming". I believe the line was "Prototype
Unit 0001 is ready to accept programming". It was a statement, not a
- 13 seconds into the episode and Janeway's bun is
starting to buckle! Oh, Voyager is really in trouble now!
- Chakotay helps Janeway up. It seems
purely professional, but I bet she thanks him properly later.
- When Chakotay informs the Captain that Bendera is
dead, her hair is perfect again. Seems she has one of those Emergency Haircare Kits in the ready room, too.
- The command team are sitting rather close
- Apparently Chakotay used to work in a mining
community on Telfus Prime, probably getting all dirty and dishevelled and...er,
back to the notes
- Janeway's eyes start to well up when
Chakotay's having a go at her in
the turbolift and then she's swayed by Tuvok's pretty flowers. Jeri Taylor likes
the Captain girly, methinks...
- Well, doesn't Chakotay look smug in the
- "You can't have it both ways, Commander.
If you want to get in the mud with the Kazon, you can't start complaining that
you might get dirty". Ooh, burned!
- Chakotay: "I'll talk with Seska."
Janeway: "No, you've been
through too much with her" Janeway keeps her man on a short lead.
- Neelix had an incident (apparently a "simple
misunderstanding") in a seedy bar? I'm intrigued.
- B'Elanna stands up for Janeway, which is
quite nice. Traitor Jonas looks on evilly.
- Janeway's little speech about the
Federation's rules being the bee's knees is a bit cringeworthy. It also
seems distinctly like a big 'stuff you' to Chakotay.
- B'Elanna seems surprised that she'll have to
go and get some biscuits for herself. Lazy so-and-so
- I want some biscuits now.
- We're seven minutes into the episode and the
episode title has been mentioned six times. I'm beginning to wonder if
this episode is as bad as 'Think Tank' for title-dropping.
- What is Paris wearing when the Captain
visits him in his quarters? Is it pyjamas? A dressing-gown?
- Evil Jonas is at B'Elanna's side as Tom
makes the test flight. I suppose they're letting the viewers get used to
- Hee hee. When Tom's com signal fades
out it sounds like he's going down a drain
- "I could see inside Voyager...inside this
room" - Peeping Tom sees everything in the universe. No wonder he was so
eager to take the test flight.
- "I have some tests I'd like to run..." "You
may proceed." Tom sounds so much like Seven there it's scary.
- Evil Jonas has a good old nosey on Janeway
and B'Elanna's conversation
- Paris has a coffee blend named after him now
- The Doctor is rather lassiez-faire about
Tom's condition: Tom is gasping for air and the Doctor's all "Um, he miiight
be allergic to something. Then again, maybe not. I dunno."
- "What I remember most about being a kid are
the times I spent in my room crying" - Tom was an emo child!
- Tom waxes poetic about losing his virginity.
The Doctor informs him that he'll update his medical file :D.
- Tom dies. Boo hoo.
- Tom's undead!
- When the Kazon asks if Paris survived the
warp 10 flight Jonas answers "In a matter of speaking". Er...
- Undead Tom has a pulsating head, one bright blue
eye and one ear. Then he pulls out his tongue(!)
- Tongueless Tom sounds a lot like Chewy from
Star Wars when he pleads "Pleeeeeeease..."
- Mutant Paris jumps Janeway on deck 8 and a section of
her hair falls out of the bun. She's clearly doomed.
- And there we have it - Janeway and Paris
slobbing around as some sort of minging lizard-things in a jungle. With
three baby lizard-things. Oh dear god - Janeway's hair should have been
completely destroyed to prepare us for this kind of horror.
- Chakotay: "I don't know how I'm going to enter this
into the log." Tuvok: "I look forward to reading it" - at least
can joke about it.
- While I could probably accept the evolution
concept without much more than a shrug, the alien offspring thing is warped
(hah) beyond reason. Is it not somewhat irresponsible to leave the young
to fend for themselves?
- Janeway: "What makes you think it was your idea?
Sometimes it's the female of a species that initiates mating." This line makes
me cringe so much that my spine almost crumbles. I cannot for the life
of me believe how casual they are about the whole affair (so to speak).
- Oh my. Neelix and Tuvok discuss the
ancient Vulcan Rumarie festival, where "barely clothed Vulcan men and women
covered in slippery Rillan grease chase one another". Bloody hell.
- Neelix doesn't mind if people want to take
off their clothes. Is he competing with Tom for the position of 'Ship
- Meats and cheeses, another horror episode.
This time someone's been murdered and the body was shoved inside an EPS
- If you have access to this episode, stop
reading this and go and watch it. Skip to 7 minutes and 29 seconds into
the episode and pause it. Chakotay makes a rather offensive gesture at
- I like when Tuvok goes all Sherlock on us.
Pity he doesn't get high or have a trusty sidekick (Holmes and Watson are
definitely an OTP).
- Mr Suder. Why did the powers that be
choose a surname that sounds like that of one of Oor Wullie's friends?
I'll never think of Soapy Souter the same way again.
- Suder hit Darwin (the unfortunate crewmember
who was killed and then left to boil in the EPS conduit) in the head with a
two-kilo coil spanner. He then hid the spanner behind a com line access
panel on deck 7.
- Suder's reason for killing Crewman Darwin?
"I didn't like the way he looked at me". ZOMG!
- The Doctor is so sarcastic in this season.
- Tuvok cannot fathom that Suder didn't have a
motive for his crime. Maybe he just hates Mondays.
- When Tuvok initiates the mind-meld he almost
sticks his finger in Suder's ear, but moves it quickly.
- "Try your luck again. Tomorrow you
could be a winner!" - in the Computer's voice. Classic.
- Paris plans to have some prime rib, mashed
potatoes, creamed spinach, raktajino with cream and...Yorkshire puds!
Although he says "some Yorkshire pudding" like it's, well, a pudding
(ie. a sweet).
Which it isn't.
- I like how Tuvok is all fidgety in the
ready room with Janeway.
- Janeway sounds a little like she has a cold
when she's talking to Tuvok in the ready room.
- I don't consider myself to be a violent
sort, but if I was on Voyager I think I'd punch Neelix. That or scream
some very bad words at him.
- Tuvok strangles Neelix!
- ...yes, it's just a Holodeck program.
Yet still the stuff of legends.
- Huzzah, more Sexy Authoritative Chakotay.
He bursts into Sandrine's and puts an end to Tom's evil gambling scheme.
- Tom makes a snide comment and Chakotay
doesn't respond. Bugger.
- "I did not hear you come in...Holographic
violence does not give the same sensation..." Apparently Suder forgot how to
use contractions after the mind meld as well.
- "I have studied violence for over a hundred
years" Tuvok must use a very good anti-ageing cream.
- Apparently the Computer can hand in your
resignation for you. I'd like to have seen the scene with Janeway: "What
do you mean, I don't have a Chief of Security anymore?" "Try your luck again!"
- Tuvok knows at least 94 ways of killing
someone with his bare hands/feet.
- Tim Russ does very well in the scene where
Tuvok's control abilities are removed. I can still believe that it's
- Tuvok goes off on one and breaks out of
Sickbay to go and murder Suder. Suder gives him a Janeway-esque speech
about how his demons won't be conquered.
- As Tuvok attempts to mind-meld with him, Suder looks remarkably like
the Toad from the Wind in the Willows cartoon I watched when I was
- When Suder contacts the Bridge he identifies
himself as 'Crewman Suder', yet in Janeway's log entry she refers to him as
- "...I'm not sure how the word 'normal'
applies to a species that suppresses all their emotions" That was just
- "I've been insulted before," says Janeway.
I think there's a sob-story behind that...
- Tuvok takes the opportunity to suck up to
Janeway. Bleh. I'm almost surprised there wasn't an "I'm sowwy!".
- Naming sons after their fathers has been a
tradition in Greskrendtregk Wildman's family for over five generations.
I wonder where the 'Wildman' surname comes in.
- Bolians use an impolite term that sounds
rather like 'Frederick'. I may just start using that...
- The Doctor gets all hissy because Kes never
mentioned her father's name to him. Haha.
- Paris comes in late to a briefing and looks
rather dishevelled. I wonder what he was up to...
- Janeway looks very casual in the Briefing
Room. She and Tuvok look rather chummy together.
- Chakotay tells Paris that he expects people
to show up for meetings "on time and properly dressed". Tom looks fine,
except for his hair being a bit mussed. Touché, Chakotay.
- Right, now B'Elanna's just exclaimed 'Look
at yourself!' at Tom. What exactly is wrong with his appearance?
All he needs to do is put a little gel in his hair, for gawd's sake.
- Tom had a fight with Lieutenant Rollins!
What a fox.
- I thought Lieutenant Rollins was female, yet
Tom mentions that he didn't like "his" attitude.
- Rollins didn't like the way Tom punctuated
his conn reports. Huzzah for the punctuation sticklers!
- Evil Jonas is still cosying up to the Kazon.
- B'Elanna reprogrammed the computer to speak
in her own voice. That would truly drive me up the wall.
- Chakotay stands very close to Janeway when
he announces that Dreadnought is heading for Rakosa V
- B'Elanna can't transport back to the
missile. Boo hoo.
- The crewmember B'Elanna is in the
transporter room with looks a bit cheesed off.
- Voyager uses Type-6 photon torpedoes.
- "You stand down your weapons and I'll stand
down mine." Fighting talk, Janeway.
- "When a bomb starts talking about itself in
the third person, I get worried." Haha!
- Tom's managed to tidy up his hair.
Maybe Janeway lent him one of her Emergency Haircare Kits.
- I like the First Minister of Rakosa V.
"Call me Kellan." Right on.
- Hah. Janeway doesn't respond with a
friendly "Call me Kathy".
- B'Elanna stalks around Dreadnought like a
- Dreadnought's quite a sharp one, isn't it?
"Access to navigational systems? Try it, bitch!"
- Janeway quite calmly informs Kellan that
they still have forty-one minutes left before the WMD hits. He's not
- "For what it's worth, you've made a friend
- Chakotay's a bit slow when Janeway tells
them they need to explode something in Dreadnought's path. At least
Tuvok is on the ball.
- "I'm not leaving you on the ship!" Chakotay
really does care!
- And he clasps her arm, too. *glee*
- The conflict between the two Computer voices
on Dreadnought is amusing.
- There's been virtually a whole episode of
conflict just so that a small hatch could open in Dreadnought's wall.
Couldn't B'Elanna just have used a manual override device? Also known as
an 'Emergency Hand Actuator', hahahaha :D. Failing that, I'd have
expected angry B'Elanna just to kick her way in.
- I find it a bit sad that nobody says goodbye
to Janeway and that Tom is the only one who thanks her. Granted, she's
blowing up their home and their only possible means of getting back to Earth but she
is committing suicide in the process, after all.
- Aaw. Tuvok elects to stay and get
blown up with Janeway. I really wish it had been Chakotay, though.
I'm somewhat disappointed that, while Tuvok stands by Janeway, Chakotay's like
"Shit, let's get the fuck out!"
- Now I get the impression Tuvok only stayed
so that he could sit in the comfy chair.
- This is the second episode where Torres
speaks to computers as if they're real people. Maybe she and the Doctor
are an OTP.
- "Doctor, I forgot about you." "How
- "Yet it looks, feels and tastes just like a
comet," says Chakotay while looking in the direction of Janeway's bum and
- The crewman in the transporter room with
B'Elanna is the same one she caught in his boxers in Twisted.
There isn't any embarrassment, though.
- Q(uinn) has some scary bags under his eyes.
I'd have thought that he'd be able to get rid of them, being omnipotent and
- B'Elanna tells Janeway that "a man" was
brought aboard, yet Q(uinn)'s wearing four pips on his Starfleet uniform.
Surely that commands (hah) respect.
- There are too many classic Q lines to quote,
so I'll just note my favourite: "You would have me put his future into your
delicate little hands? [Q takes Janeway's hand] Oh, so touchably soft!
What's your secret, dear?"
- "Now I guess we get to see whether the
pants...really fit." Pants! Haha. Yes, I know they're using
American English, but the thought of Q referring to Janeway's undergarments is
- According to Q(uinn), the Q aren't
omnipotent after all. Hm.
- The debate is excellent. Ssh, go and
- I don't really understand why Janeway is so
amazed that Q can fly in some witnesses from Earth, given that at the start
of the episode the other Q zipped them across space and time to the Big Bang,
amongst other things.
- There's definitely a wee spark between
Janeway and Riker. Not so sure about her, but he's definitely
- Janeway can't take her eyes off Riker as he
talks about the photo
- The Q Continuum looks an awful lot like it's
next to the planet where they found the 37's.
- Janeway's back in that pink silk nightie.
I don't really think it's her colour, but anyway.
- And there's a matching dressing gown, which
she swirls around herself a bit like a magician.
- Q lets Kathy know he's hot for her,
mentioning that 'never did anything like that for Jean-Luc'. Bloody
- Mulgrew does emotional Janeway in the
verdict scene very well.
- "You've been in my chambers enough for one
visit, sir" - hahaha
- Q admits to assisting Quinn's suicide and
then it's all happy smiles and inappropriate touching? Pah.
- Peeping Tom is late again. He was
probably perving on somebody in the Messhall.
- Another instance where the Doctor is
irritatingly casual in the face of peril - "Hm, we'll have to do something or
else she'll be brain dead in a matter of minutes,". Oh, because it's not
like there's any rush or anything.
- Kes can't tear her eyes away from the nude
holographic Dr. Pel on the biobed.
- Since being activated the Doctor has
performed 347 medical exams, healed 11 compound fractures and performed 3
- Dr. Shmullus has a nice ring to it.
- Tom has a go at Chakotay, who doesn't really
give as good as he gets.
- The Doctor takes the direct approach to let
Danara know how he feels. Oh, dear - and to think that I just watched
the Doctor giving social lessons to Seven in One.
- Paris broke out in hives, couldn't get out
of bed for a week and almost failed Stellar Cartography at the Academy because
he got dumped. What a pansy.
- This is a nice episode for Kes. She
has some good lines.
- Sitting in a car? Is this really what
Americans do? I suppose my opinion's influenced by the fact that I've
never been in a car that has a full row of seats in the front - I always
imagine that maneuvering around the handbrake lever and gearstick would be
- Hm - the program is Tom's. I wonder
exactly what he uses it for...
- Tom shoves Chakotay! He's then
escorted to the Brig. Naughty.
- Seska contacts Evil Jonas and goes off on
one about how she doesn't want to have her baby on a Kazon ship. Surely
she must have considered that before she impregnated herself.
- The Doctor's speech about not caring how
Danara looks is lovely.
- Ensign Baytart is a juggler.
- A lieutenant with a gold uniform and a
crewman in blue were recently seen huddling together in the Messhall.
Tuvok or B'Elanna with someone from the lower ranks?
- Ensign Kim was editor of the Academy
newspaper. Of course.
- What was the wardrobe department thinking
when they made Tom's trousers? I'm not really liking that green
velour pullover, either.
- Neelix gives Tom a bit of a strange hug - he
holds Tom's waist and presses his ear to Tom's heart.
- Janeway and Tuvok are standing very close
together as they watch Neelix's tribute to Tom.
- Everyone sits around watching 'A Briefing
With Neelix' instead of doing work.
- Evil Jonas gives everyone a smarmy look.
- Harry refuses Tom's handshake in favour of a
big hug. Aaw.
- The warp engines are built from verterium
- Tom's been kidnapped! ZOMG!
- Aha, but he has some tricks up his sleeve
(literally - he has a device hidden in his shirt cuff).
- Eek - Evil Jonas sneaks up on Neelix with
the aim of attacking him with...whatever that thing in his hand is.
- Tom's quarters on located on deck 4 in
- Why is it that Neelix can use the
Engineering authorisation code? I thought that the Computer used voiceprint
recognition - surely it should recognise that Neelix has about as much
authority as Ensign Wildman's unborn baby.
- Janeway and Tuvok are yet again huddled
around a monitor watching 'A Briefing With Neelix'. Does anyone ever do any
work on Voyager?
- Janeway looks a little bit guilty when
Chakotay asks why he wasn't told about the plan to capture the spy.
- Tom gets a chance to be an Action Man (the
Greatest Hero of Them All!).
- Jonas knocks Neelix to the ground with one
punch - maybe he's the Greatest...
- Aagh - there's a wince-inducing *crunch* as
Neelix's falls back onto the console.
- Evil Jonas falls into...well, something that
looks like a portal to another dimension, but I think it's actually just a
hole in the ship.
- At the end there's much 'ho ho ho' laughing between Neelix and
Tom that's scarily reminiscent of the endings to most of the episodes of
Basics, Part I
- Oh, look. There's crazy Suder.
- Tuvok now has an type of orchid named after
him. What with that and Paris' coffee blend, the Voyager crew are
certainly making their mark on the universe.
- Seska's had a baby son.
- I don't think that the German dub voices
were all that bad (not necessarily fantastic, but not bad), but the German Seska is bloomin' awful
- The interaction between Janeway and Chakotay
in the ready room is excellent. I certainly don't stand that close to my
- Ooh - Janeway specifically says that she
thinks Seska is capable of manipulating "you and me". Because they come
as a package, don't you know.
- Akoocheemoya! Hahaha.
- Haha. The way Chakotay's dad talks
around the issue of the facts of life is classic.
- Chakotay is very sexy and authoritative in
this episode. Eehee.
- The Doctor is projected into space and looks
as though he's advertising a new anti-perspirant as he dodges phaser fire.
- Janeway's losing hairstyle integrity!
- Eargh. The Kazon suicide bomber pulls
off one of his own toenails.
- The Kazon's nails are painted a rather
lovely peach colour
- Oh, heck. Everything's going to pot
now. Janeway's hair is in shambles, so obviously the end is nigh.
- Watch carefully when Janeway falls backwards
and is caught by the Bridge staff - she grabs at Chakotay's shoulder and
(mostly) falls into his arms. Aaw.
- Chakotay reaches out and holds Janeway's arm
to steady her as the ship lands.
- That planet looks suspiciously familiar...
- Janeway wants Chakotay in her group.
- Eep - scary monster lurking in a cave.
- I seem to remember Seska looking a bit paler
in previous episodes. Maybe it's just the light.
~ Season Three ~
Basics, Part II
- Oh, look. It's that planet where they
found the 37's.
- Chakotay holds baby Naomi by the neck
when he takes her from Ensign Wildman. Maybe it's just as well that
Seska's baby wasn't his - I think he has a few things to learn.
- My, doesn't Neelix look dashing in his shiny
- Hogan gets eaten by a monster! Oh,
dear. He was so nice to Neelix in Investigations, too.
- Janeway's hair is a little tidier when she
hears of Hogan's death. Did she manage to hide an Emergency Haircare Kit
under her jacket when they left Voyager?
- I like how Janeway orders the crew to eat
worms, but she doesn't touch any herself :).
- Seska talks of how Kazon medicine is so
primitive, yet she's managing to restore her Cardassian features. I'd
imagine that's quite a complicated medical procedure.
- The baby isn't Chakotay's after all. I
do find it slightly curious that the offspring of a Cardassian and a Kazon
looks rather Asian, though. From the looks of the baby I'd have guessed
that Seska had had a fling with Harry.
- "Huddle together in groups - it'll preserve
body heat. This is no time to be shy." Yeah - start cosying up to
- That tiny little fire is supposed to provide
warmth for ~150 people? Pah!
- B'Elanna was on the decathlon team at the
- Armed with nothing but a stick, Chakotay
takes on a fecking huge monster.
- Captain Janeway runs into the cave calling
for Chakotay. Oh, all right, Tuvok as well, but she called Chakotay's name
- Tuvok looks very manly with his bow and
- I like Janeway's hair now. It looks
much nicer than the bun and bouffant get-up.
- "Sticks and stones won't break my bones, so
you can imagine how I feel about being called names" Excellent comeback,
- Chakotay risks his life to save the cavegirl
while Janeway looks on with concern in her eyes. Mark who? She's
- Suder goes on a killing spree in Engineering
- It's behind you! Oh, yes it is! Suder dies miserably.
- A Kazon contacts Cullah from Engineering,
yet everyone in the engine room was blasted by Suder. I suppose the
Kazon could have entered Engineering after Suder went on the rampage, though.
- It annoys me that the chief caveman treats
Ensign Wildman's baby's illness and she doesn't even thank him properly.
- Chakotay and Janeway share a look of love
when Voyager flies overhead.
- The crew take off straight back on a course
for home. I'd have expected them to make a few repairs first - after
all, the phaser banks did overload and fry the ship. If I were them I'd
definitely at least want to have a quick shower first. I mean, really.
- My mind is completely in the gutter now
after Janeway and Neelix's conversation. I could barely concentrate on
the rest of the scene after the "Captain, you were especially good last
night!" "Thanks, Neelix - it's been a while...". Oh, shut up. I'm
sure I'm not the only one who noticed.
- Janeway relates that she learnt to dance the
Dying Swan in a beginners' ballet class when she was six years old. I'm
not a ballet expert, but isn't the Dying Swan danced on toe? I'm sure
that dancers don't even start to go en pointe until they've been dancing for a
- Chakotay calls the Captain by her given name
oh so many times...he's smitten, I tell you.
- Why is Chakotay trying to feel Kathryn's
pulse using his thumb?
- He carries her out of the shuttle! Oh,
the fangirl hiding in me is weeping with joy.
- Oh, look. It's that planet where
Neelix and Tom found the dinosaur baby in Parturition.
- I'm glad Chakotay knows mouth-to-mouth
resuscitation even if he doesn't know how to take a pulse properly.
- Shouldn't the chest compressions be a little
lower down? No, wait - I think it's fine.
- Chakotay's evidently just had a little
tooth-whitening session - his teeth are glowing in the dim light(!)
- Hurrah, Janeway's alive.
- Ee - I really like the way he leans over her
when he says that he can get the blankets and rations. He looks like
he's going to kiss her :):)
- And he touches her face tenderly. Aaw.
- When Chakotay is shot by the Vidiians,
Janeway turns and calls out to him rather than shooting back. Doing so
gets her killed by another Vidiian, but it's still a nice touch.
- I can't watch the scene in the shuttle where
they try emitting a tachyon beam anymore without thinking of
the outtake from it: "If you're going to emit that tachyon ship - beam - ship
it down to the ship..."
- Nice smiles exchanged between the command
team before they get back to Voyager
- Excellent - more Psycho!Janeway. We
haven't seen much of her since Season 2.
- Janeway worries about whether Chakotay
contracted the Phage, too. I can hardly keep up with all the J/C in this
- The Doctor kills Janeway. Lordy.
- I wonder why Janeway tries to delete the EMH.
Getting rid of the Doctor isn't going to vent the poison filling the air
around the bio-bed, love.
- We're not even twenty minutes into the
episode and Janeway's been killed three times.
- Oh, poor Chakotay. Crying, holding
Kathryn closely...oh, and make the death count four now.
- If Edward Janeway died over fifteen years
ago, shouldn't he have a slightly different kind of uniform?
- Kes and Tuvok are doing a little
- The note Tuvok makes in his personal log is
nice - I don't think I've ever heard him use Janeway's given name before.
- Janeway tells her dad to go to hell.
- When Chakotay supports Janeway as they walk
back to the shuttle the German dub adds something in - Chakotay tells Janeway
to lean on him and she thanks him. At least, I think that's what he
says. It's a bit quick.
- Chakotay gives her a rose! I'm annoyed
that she doesn't thank him, though.
- I don't like that teapot much.
- Who else thinks the "Come on, Chakotay!"
line is significant? It suddenly comes out of nowhere and she looks like
she's about to jump him.
- Champagne and a moonlight sail on a lake?
Sounds suspiciously like a recipe for seduction.
- Janeway holds onto Chakotay's shoulder as
they walk through the ready room. Judging by his expression, Chakotay
knows he's going to get lucky tonight.
- And...jazzhands! Chakotay and Janeway
gesture with theatrical flair.
- In the German audio Janeway pants a little
after the 'Come on, Chakotay!' line. She also does a humorous 'Mm-mh'
(negative grunt) when she's gesturing for Chakotay to go through the door
Back to Myu's