Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The Way We Weren't Part 1

Rating: PG-13
Author's Notes: This takes place after Ail and Ann, but before the Black Moon. Usagi and the girls are 17 and Mamoru is 20... And if you couldn't tell, it is alternate universe and for my story, Chibiusa does not exist.
*****************

Tsukino Usagi ran to the park as fast as she could. A youma was attacking and she had to meet her friends, the Sailor Senshi. Throwing her hand up in the air, she called, "Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!"

A few minutes later, in Usagi's place, stood the champion of justice, Sailor Moon! The Senshi arrived to the park just as Sailor Mars was getting ready to attack it. Luckily, she didn't say anything about her being tardy.

Moon studied the youma. It had some sort of wooden hand. "Stop it, youma! I am the pretty suited soldier of love and justice, Sailor Moon! Tsukini kawatte, oshiokyo!"

The youma ignored her and swung it's arm at her. She yelped and jumped out of the way. "Sailor Moon, fight it!" Jupiter exclaimed.

"Easier said than done," Moon muttered to herself. She was able to kick it once. The second time, however, it was ready and grabbed her leg. She cried out as it slammed her into the ground and nearly lost consciousness when her head smacked against a rock.

It was about to swing her again when a red streak prevented him from doing so. It let go of Moon. Venus helped her up. "Daijoubu?"

"I-I think so," she replied, shaking away the dizziness. Her head was pounding, though.

"Sailor Moon, now's your chance!" Mercury said.

"Hai!" She called for her scepter. "Moon Princess Halation!"

Tuxedo Kamen walked over to his girlfriend. He could tell she was a bit unsteady on her feet. "Lets get you home, Usako."

Usagi nodded and detransformed. Unfortunately, Rei didn't find it necessary to let her rest. "Baka, you were late and you couldn't even fight that youma!"

"Rei-chan," Ami said. "Don't start now, she needs to go home and rest. We all know Usagi-chan tries her hardest."

"She could at least make it LOOK like she's trying her hardest!"

Makoto was about to say something, but Usagi held up her hand. "Rei-chan's right... I don't try my hardest. It's because I know whatever I do I can't be as smart as Ami-chan, as strong as Mako-chan, as beautiful as Minako-chan, or as spiritual as Rei-chan."

"Usako--"

"Onegai, I'm all right. I'm just going to go home... Alone." She kissed Mamoru. "Don't follow me tonight." With that, Usagi walked away.

"Rei-chan," Minako said. "That was uncalled for!"

Rei looked ashamed. She felt horrible. She was in a bad mood and had taken it out on her best friend. "I really didn't mean it."

"We know that, Rei-chan," Ami replied, "but Usagi-chan is really sensitive about this sort of thing."

Mamoru had this urge to follow Usagi but she had asked him not to. "Minna, lets just all go home and get some rest. It's early but I think it's best to turn in."

************

Usagi tried to ignore the pain in her head, but it just wasn't letting up. She noticed that she was almost to Crown's and decided to stop there. Maybe Motoki could give her a ride home or something.

Suddenly, the ground started to shake. "EARTHQUAKE!" people shouted, running in every direction.

Usagi's heart beat faster as she tried to avoid hitting other people. She was shoved into an ally and into a wall, her head colliding with it.

"Mamo-chan..." she whispered as she lost consciousness.

**

Furato Yuuta was walking through the rubble near Crown's. He had been in Tokyo for a firefighters convention. He was on his way to Crown's for dinner when the earthquake hit. Yuuta had been helping to search for victims.

He was about to give up when he saw a strand of blonde hair hiding in the rubble in the ally. Climbing over everything, he spotted a young girl. Yuuta knelt next to her. "Ojou-chan?" he asked shaking her her.

She stirred. "Kami..." she said, putting a hand to her head.

"Daijoubu?"

"I've been better," the girl responded. "What happened?"

"An earthquake." Yuuta helped her to stand. He noticed that her head was bleeding and immediately grabbed his handkerchief. She winced when he put it to her head. "I need to get you to a hospital. Unfortunately, the hospitals here are all full so I'll need to take you to Osaka since your injury isn't life threatening." He noticed that girl was somewhat confused. "Ojou-chan?"

"Nani?" she shook her head. "Sumimasen."

"It's all right. Do you have someone you'd like me to call before I get an ambulance?"

"I..." She thought for several minutes. "I don't even know who I am."

His heart went out to the girl. She had amnesia. There's nothing worse than not knowing who you were or who your family was. "We'll work something out. Don't worry. I'm Yuuta. Do you happen to remember your name at all?"

"Iie," she replied, looking at the ground.

"Do you mind if I gave you one for now?" She shook her head. "What about Sakura?"

"Hai," the girl said with a slight smile.

************

The next day, the girls met at the temple. "Has anyone heard from Usagi-chan or Mamoru-san?" Makoto asked.

"Iie..."

"Why don't we call her parents?" Ami suggested.

Just then a very hysterical Minako came bursting through the door. Tears were falling fast down her face as she clutched something tightly in her hands.

"Minako-chan!" Rei exclaimed, rushing to her friend. "What happened?"

Minako showed them what was in her hands. Usagi's locket! Ami shook her head. "Wh-where did you find it?"

"In the ally next to Crown's," Minako said, finally able to speak. "I couldn't find her, though. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing." She took a breath. "There was so much debris, I don't know how... I mean... Kami!"

"Minako-chan, you don't think she's..." Makoto trailed off. She didn't even want to say the word.

"I don't know... I..."

"Minna..." Turning, the girls saw Mamoru. He looked to be in worse shape than Minako, if that was possible. "She's... she's gone. I can't feel our bond anymore. It's like it was severed."

The girls looked at one another, heartbroken. They had failed to protect their Princess.

***********

Two years had passed since Yuuta found "Sakura". The two were married a year ago and had a daughter named Ikuko. Sakura thought it suited her for some reason she couldn't place. Ikuko had curly, blue hair like the mother Sakura didn't remember.

"Iku, lets go, Papa is waiting for us!" Sakura called. Ikuko padded into the hall from living room where she was playing with her toys. Sakura picked her up. "There's my girl! You ready to go to Tokyo?"

Ikuko nodded even though she had no idea what her mother just asked her. She laughed. "Then we're off!" Sakura grabbed her purse and they went out the door.

Yuuta was waiting for them in the car. "I was wondering what was taking you two so long. It doesn't matter what either of you do, you'll always look beautiful."

"Shut up, Yuuta!" Sakura said with a blush as she put Ikuko into her carseat. Sakura wore her hair in a simple ponytail, although her hair was still very long.

The family arrived in Tokyo a few hours later. "Are you hungry, Sakura?"

"You have to ask me that?"

Yuuta laughed. "I guess not. There's a place called Crown's around here. Want to go?"

"Sure." Sakura took Ikuko out of her car seat after Yuuta had parked. "Come on, Iku! It's lunch time!" She turned to her husband. "Could you grab her diaper bag, honey?"

"Got it!" Yuuta followed his wife into the restaurant. For some reason this placed looked vaguely familar. She then remembered it should since Yuuta found her in Tokyo. "You okay, Sakura?"

"Nani? Oh, hai." Sakura sat down and stood Ikuko next to her. The little girl began to bang her hands on the table, her blue curls bouncing.

A waitress with red hair came up to them. "Konichiwa! My name is Unazuki. What can I get you today?"

"I'll have a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake," Sakura said. "Iku, want some applesauce?" The little girl nodded excitedly. Sakura looked up at the waitress for the first time. "She loves appplesauce."

Unazuki stared at the girl. She looked exactly like Usagi... Did Usagi have any sisters? No, just a brother. "Ano..." Sakura said, waving a hand in front of the gir's face. "Daijoubu?"

"Nani? Sumimasen! Applesauce for the kawaii chibi-chan!" She looked at Yuuta. "And for you?"

"Cheeseburger and a coke."

"Okay, so that's two cheeseburgers, an order of fries, a chocolate milkshake, a coke, and an order of applesauce?" The two nodded. "It'll be right out." Unazuki escaped the table just as Minako walked in for her shift. "Mina-chan, come here!"

Minako looked at her oddly. Unazuki was hiding behind one of the potted trees. "Nani?"

"See that couple with the little girl in booth 5?"

Minako spotted a girl with bright yellow hair, a rather good looking man, and a little blue haired girl. "What's the big deal? Unazuks-chan, you're not falling for married kakkoii men again, are you?" her friend asked in concern.

"Iie, the mom. She looks like..."

"Like who?" Minako asked.

"Usagi-chan."

Part 2
Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction