Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

King of the Moon

Rating: PG-13

Seiji, King of the Moon, was not happy. Beryl was at it again, trying to force him into an alliance to take over the universe. It would never happen... ever!

So now, Seiji was rushing to help the Prince of the Earth. Beryl was now trying to take him into her clutches as well. The 15 year old was trying hard to resist, but her sway over him was winning.

"BERYL!" he screamed. "Leave the boy alone!"

"Seiji, I see you have come to watch the downfall of Earth," Beryl growled. "Then I will see you fall!"

He watched Endymion struggling with Beryl's powers. She was going to kill the boy. "I will defeat you, Beryl!" Seiji cried. He ran in front of Endymion, taking the brunt of the attack.

"Seiji-sama!" The powers that Seiji had were enough to seal Queen Beryl away for five years. Endymion caught him as he fell to the ground. "Seiji-sama... why did you do this?"

Seiji smiled up at the Prince. "My daughter would not have forgiven me if I could not have saved you, Endymion. Promise me you will love and protect her always."

"I promise, my King."

With one last smile, Seiji, King of the Moon, died.

*******

Usagi gasped, sitting up in bed. She was shaking all over. "Kami-sama..."

"Usagi-chan, daijobu?" Luna asked. Usagi was breathing heavily and didn't answer Luna right away. The last remaining scenes of her dream were still playing in her mind.

"Usagi, what did you dream?"

Usagi looked at Luna, tears streaming down her face. "Otou-san... he died protecting Endymion... Is that right?"

Luna blinked. "How...is that what you dreamed?"

"Un..."

"I'd almost forgotten that myself, Usagi."

Usagi stared at her. "Are you sure that really happened?"

"Well, as best as I can remember."

"Luna..." Usagi said. "Mamo-chan doesn't do either of the things he promised otou-san he would do."

"Nani, Usagi?"

"Love and protect me."

************

It was silent in Rei's room, the girls contemplating the past few days. They were are still trying to adjust to the fact that Usagi was the Moon Princess.

Ami typed furiously at her computer, attempting to somehow trace Beryl... with little luck.

Makoto was just outside the door, working on some of her martial arts moves.

Rei was pacing back and forth, still bitter that she wasn't the princess. Minako was just sitting, watching everyone else.

Luna and Artemis entered, eyeing each of the girls. "Luna, Artemis," Ami greeted. "Where's Usagi-chan?"

"She's going to be a bit late," Luna explained.

"Is something wrong?" Makoto asked.

"Nothing to be too worried about," Artemis replied. "Some of her memories from the Silver Millennium are returning. She had a dream last night."

Rei sighed sharply. "Rei-chan?" Ami asked.

"Nothing." Rei shook her head.

Makoto came back into the room. "Come off it Rei-chan, we all know you're jealous."

Rei narrowed her eyes slightly. "So what?"

"Rei-chan, you can't act like this," Ami said. "You need to help her through it. She doesn't want to be the Princess anymore than you want her to. But, she is and we have be there for her."

Rei rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

"Konichiwa, minna," Usagi said, halfheartedly.

"Konnichiwa, Usagi-chan!" Minako ran over to give Usagi a hug.

Usagi had to smile at Minako. She was the one who was always there to give her a hug. The two sat next to each other. "So what's going on?" she asked.

"Well, Ami-chan has been trying to get a fix on Beryl..."

Usagi nodded, clearing her throat. "Any word on Mamour-san?" Rei snorted when Usagi asked this.

"What's wrong, Rei-chan?" Ami, Makoto, and Minako stared at one another.

Artemis stepped in and shook his head. "What have you found out, Ami-chan?"

"A whole lot of nothing, I'm afraid," she replied. "I was analyzing the data from Starlight Tower and there was nothing to look into."

"Maybe you could find something through one of those portal things?" Minako suggested.

Makoto nodded. "But wouldn't we have to wait until another attack?"

"It would seem so," Ami replied.

***********

"Fire soul!" Mars tried to keep the youma at bay, while Mercury tried to get a reading on where it had come from.

"Anything yet, Mercury?" Venus asked.

"I should have something soon," the girl replied. "Keep at it."

"Easier said than done," Jupiter muttered. "Sparkling Wide Pressure!"

"Crescent Beam!"

Meanwhile, Sailor Moon was rushing towards the fight. She knew she was going to be reamed for being late, but it couldn't be helped. She was just about to join in when someone popped up in front of her.

"Going somewhere this late?" Endymion, in his battle armour appeared from nowhere in front of her.

"Mamoru-san..." she gasped, stopping in her tracks.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" His eyes narrowed slightly. "I am Endymion, warrior for Mettalia."

Moon shook her head. "Iie... You've been brainwashed. Please remember me! Remember the Moon Kingdom! I'm Serenity."

"You're lying, brat!"

"I am not!" she cried, moving closer to him. "I'm not! Don't you remember our love for each other?"

"Iie. But you do have something I want. Give me the Ginzouishou."

"I can't give it to you," she replied. "But I will heal you with it."

Endymion drew his sword. "I don't have time for games."

Moon called for the Ginzuishou. "I will save you, my Prince. Even if it means my death."

Leaping for it when it appeared, Endymion knocked it from her hands. Unfortunately, it rolled out into the street before he could grab it.

"Kuso!" she cursed, running after it.

He landed in front of her, relentless. "Give it to me, unless you want to get hurt."

"I will not give it to you!" she exclaimed.

Brandishing his sword, he advanced. "Then we'll fight for it."

"I-I don't have a sword."

"Fine." He materialized one from the Beryl's dimension. "Take your pick."

She shakily took one from him. What the hell was she thinking? There was no way she was going to win!

As Endymion drew his sword to begin, he was suddenly knocked to the ground by a blunt blow to his head. "Nani yo?!" he shouted, looking up to see the youma he had sent out go running down the street.

The other four Senshi were in pursuit, but Jupiter and Mars stopped when they saw Endymion with his sword raised.

Jupiter glanced at his opponent, also with a sword raised. "Sailor Moon?"

Moon glanced over at Jupiter. "I'm busy at the moment, go after the youma!"

"I don't think we should leave you with this sick freak!" Mars exclaimed.

"Go!" she ordered.

Jupiter looked over at Mars. "I don't think Venus and Mercury will be able to defeat the youma on their own..."

"Well, one of us should stay with Sailor Moon!"

"You're right," she said with a nod. "You stay here."

"Hai!" Mars stared Endymion down while Jupiter took off after Mercury and Venus.

"Please, Mamoru-san, we don't have to fight. Just let me heal you."

"I've told you, my name is Endymion! Now, fight me or surrender, I don't really care which."

Sailor Moon sighed. "If you try to take the Ginzuishou away from me, I will fight you."

"Then let's fight. I'm assuming your peanut gallery will not interfere?"

Rei snort clenched her fists. "I'll show you a peanut gallery," she snarled.

"Sailor Mars, please stay out of this."

"Fine!" Mars raised her hands. "But I'm not going anywhere."

Sailor Moon nervously took a step forward. "Lets go."

"Fine."

The two perried back and forth, Sailor Moon showing exceptional talent. All she was trying to do was avoiding getting stabbed.

Having the upper hand, Endymion managed to deflect her sword, and leave a jagged line down her arm. She gasped in pain as the sharp sword pierced her flesh. She was already tired enough, this needed to stop.

Luckily, Beryl's voice was heard. "Endymion, return. The youma has been killed and you are wasting time!"

Endymion scowled. "As you wish, my Queen." With that he disappeared.

Usagi sank to the ground in tears as soon as he disappeared. "Mamoru-san..."

Mars ran over to her. "Daijoubou?"

"I've been better."

***********

After defeating the youma, the Senshi headed back to where they'd left Usagi and Rei.

"That youma was..." she trailed off when she saw Usagi sitting on the ground. "Daijobou? What happened?" she said, rushing over to them.

"I'm all right, really," Usagi replied.

Ami looked at the wound. "It's not deep enough for stitches but we should wrap it up to stop the bleeding. Rei-chan do you have some gauze at your house?"

"I ought to have some," she replied. "We really need to do something about Endymion, though."

Usagi nodded. "I'm going to heal him."

"Usagi-chan, we have to be more careful," Minako pointed out. "He's a lot stronger."

"But... but he can't stay like that forever," she cried. "I can heal him! I really can!"

"We just want you to be careful," Ami explained. "We don't want lose you too."

When they got back to the temple, Rei dug out her first aid kit for Ami. Usagi watched quietly as Ami dressed the wound. She realized something about it... "Ami-chan, is this going to scar?"

"It's a possibility, I'm afraid."

"It's bad enough that he hurt me. Now I'm going to have memories of it."

In the corner, Rei silently steamed, hoping nobody else would notice. It wasn't fair. Mamoru had been her boyfriend first.

Makoto eyed Rei warily, wondering if the Miko was going to let it out. She knew Rei liked Mamoru, but they had never officially gone out.

Usagi jumped as Ami tightened the bandage. This caused the star locket to fall to the floor. "Gomen, Usagi-chan," Ami said, picking it up and handing it to her friend.

Usagi smiled sadly as she stared at it. Perhaps one day it would help Mamoru to remember...

"You're always playing with that stupid locket," Rei huffed.

"N-nani, Rei-chan?" Usagi said. "It's not like you were bethrothed to him or anything."

Usagi nodded slowly. "I know, we fought a lot in this time... but in the past.... I can still feel his love from then."

"That's not what I mean at all!" Rei stormed. "I had my eye on him first. I went out with him first!"

"Gomen ne..." Usagi whispered. "I... Maybe I should forget about him. Besides even he did remember me, what would he want with a baka girl like me when he could have someone smart like you, Rei-chan?"

"Rei-chan, please stop before you say anything else you'll regret."

"Whatever," Rei huffed, and walked outside.

Usagi stood up. "Forget it, Mako-chan. I'm going home now. I'll see you all later."

"But, Usagi-chan..." Ami started.

"I'm tired. Ja ne!" Usagi walked out the door. She passed Rei and stopped. "Rei-chan... Gomen nasai. You won't have to worry about me getting between you two anymore. Sayonara."

But before Rei could answer, Usagi was gone.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction