Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Face Your Fears II Part 3

Tuxedo Kamen glared at Uranus and Apollo. If those two hadn't been burning hatred into one another, this could have been avoided. "Sailor Planet.... Attack!"

The youma screeched in pain as it faded from existence. It's cries, drowning out Sailor Moon's gasp. Tuxedo Kamen caught her as she fell limply into his arms. He stared at her with wide eyes; her lips were tinged with blue.

"I need to get her to the hospital," he exclaimed. "Venus, if you would."

The Senshi nodded as he leapt off. Sailor Venus took a deep, shaky breath and turned to the others. Mars and Jupiter were glaring at Uranus and Apollo, while Mercury and Neptune had looks of disappointment.

"What the hell was that about?" she asked. Apollo looked ready to cry and Uranus was still itching to kill the younger Senshi. "Uranus," Venus said.

Uranus just crossed her arms so Venus turned to Apollo. "Aurora-chan..."

Apollo sank to her knees. "Sumimasen," she whispered, looking at each Senshi; finally focusing on Uranus and Neptune.

Neptune knelt next to her. "Go home and get some rest. We'll talk later. After all, you'll need to be strong for Usagi-chan, ne?" She nodded and detransformed. No one followed her. "As for the other one... May I see to her?"

Venus nodded. "Hai, Michiru-san. We'll see you at the hospital. Minna, lets go."

************

"Haruka, what was that about? Apollo was closer. Did you have to prove something?" Michiru noticed a flashed of jealousy in her partner's eyes. She sighed. "Ruka, just because she loves me, it doesn't mean I return the feelings. I care for her as a fellow Senshi and a good friend."

"Good friend? You just met her!"

Michiru rolled her eyes. "We've been friends since the Silver Millennium. I'm not going to ruin that. And I will NEVER leave you," she finished, taking Haruka's hands in hers. "I love you, Ruka."

***********

"How is she, Mamoru-san?" Makoto asked.

"She has a few cracked ribs from that thing squeezing her." He fought to gain his composure. "She almost died on the way here."

"Nani yo?" the girls exclaimed. They all blushed as people turned to look at them.

Ami, being a medical expert, spoke up, "It's understandable. From the youma trying to squeeze her to death and the... the Planet Attack. Kami, why did we listen to her! There had to be another way! We're supposed to be protecting her!"

No one knew what to say to her because she was right. They silently sat and waited to see Usagi. They were each pondering what had occurred and each blaming themselves.

It seemed like forever, but the doctor finally came out. He told them that Usagi was in a considerable amount of pain and she wasn't out of the woods yet.

"She has a broken rib and it's pierced her lung so she's having difficulty breathing. We had to hook her up to a breathing apparatus." He held up his hands. "Don't look so alarmed, she can breath on her own, it's just really painful. You can see her, but not for long."

He led them to Usagi's room. Mamoru took a deep breath when he moved closer to her bed. Her eyes opened when she felt his hand in hers. He could see pain and fear in those beautiful orbs.

"It's going to be all right, Usako. As soon as your ribs start healing, the doctor will take that out."

She nodded slightly, trying to keep her tears in. She motioned with her hands for pen and paper. Makoto handed her some that had been on the small table next to the bed.

Ami read what Usagi wrote. "'Where are Haruka-san and Aurora-chan?'"

Rei's temper flared at that particular moment. "How can you even be thinking about them, Usagi! They almost got you killed!"

Minako put a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. Usagi had started crying from the outburst, but it was kind of hard with a tube shoved down your throat.

"Rei-chan," Makoto said, "it's time to go." She gave Usagi a peck on the cheek. "Feel better soon, Usagi-chan. I'll have two dozen cookies for you when that comes out."

Makoto was happy to see Usagi's eyes light up. She smiled and left, dragging Rei with her.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Usagi-chan. Don't worry about anything except getting well!"

Minako nodded. "And we'll be sure the others come to see you. Oyasumi!"

Finally, only Mamoru was left. It hurt him to see his tenshi like this, but he had to be strong for her. "Usako, visiting hours are just about over so I have to go. Do you want me to sneak Luna in?"

Usagi nodded as Mamoru wiped away her tears. "No more crying," he whispered, kissing her cheek. "Aishiteru, Usako."

Usagi wrote the same on a piece of paper. He smiled, then shut the door, leaving her to her thoughts.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction