Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Daini Tsuki Part 1

Notes: This fic takes place right after Sailor Moon R and a new enemy has just arrived. Usagi’s and her friends’ parents know about them being Sailor Senshi. Usagi’s father, however, is having a little trouble dealing with it...

~~~~~~~

“Ruroni!”

“Yes, Queen Nisei-sama?”

“I want Endymion for myself. I shall give you youma to defeat Sailor Moon, Princess Serenity. Do whatever you like to her Senshi, but I want the Princess dead and Endymion brought to me. Is that clear?”

“Hai, my Queen. I will do whatever it takes!”

~~~~~~~

Usagi yawned as she stepped into her house. It was the second night of fighting for the Sailor Senshi. The new enemy seemed to like to attack when no one else was around. Tsukino Kenji was waiting up for Usagi. He stood in the hallway glaring at her as she took off her shoes. “Papa, what is it? You seem upset.”

“Usagi, I’m sick of you coming home at all hours of the night! I don’t like this Sailor Moon business at all! In fact, as of now, I am forbidding you to become Sailor Moon.” Usagi blinked. Did he just say what she thought he just said. Before she could reply, Kenji stepped up to her and removed her brooch. “I’ll keep this with me.”

“Papa! I need that! I have to be Sailor Moon, I have to... Onegai, give it back, Papa.”

“Iya, Usagi.” At that, he turned and headed upstairs.

Usagi didn’t know what to do, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to sleep.

~~~~~~~~

Usagi sadly walked downstairs to join her family for breakfast. When she arrived at the table, she noticed that her father wasn’t there. “Mama, where’s Papa?”

“Did you forget, baka Usagi!” Her brother, Shingo, said, “he went to Yokohoma for that three day meeting.”

“Mama... did he talk to you about... about...”

“About what, dear?” Ikuko asked.

Usagi was near tears. “My brooch.”

“What about it, is it broken?”

“Iie, he took it from me. Mama, he’s forbidden me to become Sailor Moon!”

Ikuko stared at her daughter in shock. “Nani? Are you certain you didn’t just misunderstand him?”

“I am! He forbid me! I have to be Sailor Moon, I just have to be!”

The phone rang. Shingo, who had been listening to the conversation in silence, answered it. “Moshi moshi? Oh, Papa! Hai, hai, she’s right here. Hold on... Baka Usagi, Papa wants to talk to you.”

“Hai?” Ikuko and Shingo watched her expression change from hope that he was changing his mind to utter despair. “Papa! Onegai! They’re the only friends I have! Papa! Pa-” Usagi stared at the phone. He had hung up on her.

Ikuko put a hand on her shoulder. “Usagi, daijobu? What did he say?”

“He said that I couldn’t see or talk to Mamo-chan and the girls ever again.”

~~~~~~~

Usagi walked silently home from school. She dared not walk with Ami or Makoto. Her father would be on his way home and with her luck, he would spot her with them. She completely ignored the two girls when they called her to their table at lunch. Usagi wanted to explain to them, but she didn’t know how to. Her heart nearly skipped a beat when her communicator went off. “Minna! Hurry to the old warehouse off old Juuban Road!”

Without thinking of herself, Usagi ran to the warehouse.

~~~~~~~

Usagi watched the battle from behind a stack of crates. She could hear Sailor Mars complaining about her tardiness. But, what could she do? Well, the question was answered. The Senshi were down for the count and didn’t notice the youma preparing for another attack. Usagi jumped out and slammed straight into the youma.

“USAGI!”

“USAGI-CHAN!”

“What are you doing?” Mars yelled in confusion. “Why aren’t you transformed?”

Tuxedo Kamen arrived just in time to see his girlfriend charging at a youma. The minute Usagi charged it, she regretted it. *Why don’t I ever use my brain? How can I defeat this thing?* She screamed as the youma grabbed her and tossed her into some crates. She felt something pop in her knee as she landed on it.

“Minna!” Tuxedo Kamen said. “Finish it off!”

“HAI!”

As the Senshi went about disposing of the youma, he ran up to Usagi. “Usa-ko, daijobu? Why didn’t you transform?” She didn’t reply, but just laid on the ground. “Usa?”

“Mamo-chan...”

It was then that he noticed that her brooch was missing. Usagi slowly sat up with his help. Before he could ask her about her brooch, the Senshi ran up to them. “Baka Usagi! What did you think you were doing?” Rei asked.

“Rei-chan,” Mamoru said, “calm down a minute. Usa-ko, where’s your brooch?”

The minute he questioned her, the girls gasped. “Nani yo?”

Holding back her tears, Usagi told them what happened between her and her father and the demands he made. “Gomen ne. I didn’t tell you because I didn’t know how. Everyone thinks I’m irresponsible as it is.”

“Usagi-chan, this has nothing to do with responsibility,” Ami said. “From what you’re saying, you were very responsible in trying to convince your father that you need to become Sailor Moon.”

“If I was, then how come it didn’t work?” she asked sadly.

~~~~~~~

Mamoru helped Usagi onto the couch. Ikuko and Shingo left a note saying that were at the grocery store. “Usa-ko, lie down and I’ll bring some ice for your knee.” She just nodded a reply as he headed to the kitchen.

“Usagi? Are you home?” Ikuko said.

“Hai, Mama, I’m in the living room.”

“Usagi, Shingo and I weren’t sure--” She stopped when she saw Usagi on the couch. “What happened, Usagi?” Mamoru walked in with the ice. “Mamoru-san, what’s going on?”

“You’re daughter likes to fight even without her transformation brooch.”

“Nani?” Ikuko shouted, tears in her eyes.

“Mama, you’re not mad are you? I had to stop the youma from hurting the others.”

Ikuko went up to Usagi and gave her a hug. “You’re so brave, Usa. I’m proud of you.”

Shingo was about to head upstairs from the mushiness when he saw his father seething at the sight of Mamoru. “Papa!” he said.

Everyone turned to face Kenji. “What the hell is going on here?” He didn’t take his eyes off Mamoru the entire time. “Why are you here?”

“Papa,” Usagi said getting up. She nearly fell over, but Ikuko caught her in time.

“Usagi, what happened! What did he do to you?”

“HE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING TO ME!” Usagi screamed. Kenji just looked at his daughter in shock. “For your information, I’m like this because you took my brooch away. The girls needed my help and I did what I could. Just because I didn’t transform into Sailor Moon doesn’t mean I can’t be like her. She’s me and I’m her.”

As soon as Usagi was finished, she rushed out of the room as fast as she could and out the door. Kenji was too stunned to say anything as Mamoru followed her. “Kenji, give me Usagi’s brooch,” Ikuko said quietly.

“I can’t.”

“Doushite? She’s going to help the other Senshi whether you want her to or not and I’d prefere that she would be able to transform. It’s true that Usagi could get killed, but you’re raising the chances by not letting her have the brooch.”

“No, Ikuko, you don’t understand,” Kenji said with a sigh, “I can’t give it to her because I don’t have it anymore.”

~~~~~~~

Usagi sank to the ground in tears near the bottom of the steps of Rei’s temple. Her knee was aching badly as was her heart. How could her father not understand? “Usa-ko...”

“Mamo-chan, what am I going to do? I can’t fight, but the Senshi need me,” she said between sobs.

“We’ll figure out something, I promise. Now what do you say I help you up these stairs. You’re going to want to stay here for the night, ne?” Usagi nodded as Mamoru picked her up.

Rei had just finished a fire reading when he saw Mamoru carrying Usagi up the stairs. “Usagi, Mamoru-san, what’s wrong?”

“Uh, Rei-chan, can I stay here tonight?” Usagi asked tiredly.

“Of course! Mamoru-san, bring her to the guest room next to mine.” Mamoru did so and laid Usagi on the bed.

“Mamo-chan, will you stay with me until I fall asleep, onegai.”

Mamoru nodded. “Hai, Usa-ko, demo, let me call your mother first.”

“Okay.”

Mamoru was shutting the door when Rei tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped nearly ten feet. “Rei-chan,” he whispered, “don’t do that, I thought it was Usa’s dad.”

“Gomen nasai. What happened?” Mamoru told Rei what had happened. “Poor Usagi. What can we do?”

“For now, all we can do is be supportive. Call the others and tell them we’ll have an emergency meeting here tomorrow morning. I’m going to call Tsukino-san, she’ll be worried.”

~~~~~~~

“Nani?” the Senshi asked. They had arrived at the temple a half an hour ago and Mamoru had just told them what happened the night before. Usagi was still asleep.

“There’s something else. I haven’t told Usa-ko yet, demo, her mother told me on the phone last night. Apparently, Tsukino-san sold the brooch.”

“NANI YO!” The girls and Mamoru turned around the see Usagi standing behind them. Tears were spilling down her face. “Mamo-chan, you should have told me.”

“I know Usa, gomen. Forgive me?”

Usagi nodded. “I’d better go home,” she told them sadly.

“Usagi-chan, matte!” Ami said, pulling out her computer. “I can pinpoint where the Ginzuishou is then we can go get it.”

“Honto?”

“Hai, just give me fifteen minutes.”

“Okay,” Usagi replied sitting next to Mamoru.

~~~~~~~

“Minna!” Ami said. “I’ve located the Ginzuishou! It’s still in Yokohoma, if we hurry, we may be able to get to it!”

Usagi stood up, nearly toppling over. Mamoru caught her. “Well, what are we waiting for, lets go!”

“We shouldn’t all go,” Makoto replied. “Minako-chan, Rei-chan, and I will stay behind in case the enemy should arrive again. We’ll also let Usagi-chan’s parents know what’s going on.”

“Good idea,” Mamoru told her. “We’ll be back as soon as possible.” He looked at Ami and Usagi. “Ready?”

“Hai!”

~~~~~~~

Ruroni was satisfied that he had found the Ginzuishou so quickly. “I don’t know why it’s not with the Princess, but I’m not complaining,” he said more to himself than to the youma that was with him.

“Ruroni-sama,” the youma said. “How do we know the Princess will come?”

“Baka! She needs the Ginzuishou to transform into Sailor Moon! Lets leave the planet, she’ll lose energy that way and be easier to kill.”

~~~~~~~

Usagi stared quietly out the window. She wondered how her father could have been so cruel. Didn’t he believe in her? She had saved the world with the help of her friends many times. A beeping pulled Usagi out of her thoughts. “Ami-chan...” she said hopefully.

Ami smiled. “Mamoru-san, pull over next to that jewelry store.”

Usagi looked at the sign, ‘Muriko and Sons Jewelers'. Muriko was friends with the Tsukino’s. “Muriko-san is Papa’s best friend,” she said with a smile. “I haven’t seen him in months.”

As Usagi was about to enter, Ami’s computer beeped again. “Nani?” she asked. “What is it, Ami-chan?” Suddenly, Usagi felt very lightheaded and everything was spinning. “Mamo-chan...” she whispered before she lost consciousness.

“Usa-ko! What’s going on?” he demanded.

“The Ginzuishou, it’s... gone. I don’t have any trace of it at all!”

~~~~~~~

“Oh no!”

“Rei-chan, daijobu?” Makoto asked.

“The Ginzuishou! Usagi!”

Mrs. Tsukino ran into the living room when she heard her daughter’s name. “What’s wrong, Rei-san?”

“What about the Ginzuishou?” Minako asked.

“It’s... it’s gone.”

“Nani?” everyone shouted.

Rei closed her eyes. “We have to get to Yokohoma. Usagi needs our help.”

Mrs. Tsukino grabbed her purse and keys from the table. “I’ll take you there!”

~~~~~~~

Mr. Muriko had seen the young girl collapse in front of his store. He immediately recognized her. Opening the door, he told Mamoru to bring her inside. After putting Usagi on a sofa in the room, Mamoru turned around. “Arigatou, Muriko-san.”

“It’s nothing, really. Usa-chan’s father is a close friend of mine. And you two are...?”

“I’m Chiba Mamoru and this is Mizuno Ami.”

Muriko smiled. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both,” he said as Usagi stirred. “I’ll get some water for her.”

Mamoru nodded and knelt next to her. “Usa-ko, can you hear me?”

“Mamo-chan...”

Suddenly, Ami’s computer went berserk. “Nani?” Mamoru said. “What is it now?”

“A youma! Come on, we gotta go!” Ami replied.

As they turned to leave, Usagi shouted, “Matte!”

“Iie, Usagi-chan. You won’t be able to fight without the Ginzuishou. Besides you can barely stand up with that knee as it is.”

Mamoru nodded. “She’s right, Usa-ko. Onegai, listen to her.”

Usagi pouted. “Fine! But I don’t have to like it!”

“That’s my girl, be right back!”

As soon as they took off, Usagi limped after them.

~~~~~~~

Ikuko had just parked the car when the girls’ communicator went off. “Minna, we thought you were in Yokohoma! Hurry to fifth street. A nasty youma is attacking everyone in sight!”

“We’re on our way, Ami-chan,” Rei replied.

“Girls, be careful,” Ikuko said.

Nodding, the girls transformed. “Mars Star Power...”

“Jupiter Star Power...”

“Venus Star Power...”

“...MAKE UP!”

~~~~~~

Usagi watched from a telephone booth. “If only I could help them,” she said in frustration.

“Tuxedo Kamen-sama!” Venus shouted. Looking up, Usagi saw Mamoru on the ground, unconscious.

“IIE!” Usagi screamed. A bright light surrounded her and she felt the power of the Ginzuishou. She then realized that it was in her hands. Astonished, she called out, “Moon Crystal Power... MAKE UP!”

~~~~~

The Senshi watched in horror as Tuxedo Kamen flew past them. “Tuxedo Kamen-sama!” Venus shouted.

They all turned when Usagi screamed. “What’s going on?” Jupiter asked as a light surrounded Usagi.

“She must have unconsciously called the Ginzuishou!” Mercury explained.

“Moon Crystal Power... MAKE UP!” The Senshi were surprised that Sailor Moon skipped her speech and went straight to the attack. “Moon Princess Halation!”

“Great job, Sailor Moon!” they said.

Sailor Moon smiled, but it quickly faded when she saw Mamoru on the ground. Detransforming, she limped over to him. “Mamo-chan, hang on!”

Mamoru slowly opened his eyes. “Usa-ko...”

“Daijobu?”

“Hai.” He winced. “Sort of...” Makoto and Rei helped him up while Minako and Ami helped Usagi.

“What happened?” someone shouted. Turning, they saw Muriko running towards them. “I went to bring Usa-chan water, and all three of you were gone.”

“Uh, well...” Usagi began.

“Mamoru-san’s pager beeped,” Ami said. “It turned out to be our friends here. They needed help. Usagi-chan must have followed despite what happened earlier.”

Muriko was happy with the explanation, but shook his head at Usagi. “Usa-chan, your father would kill me if something happened to you. Please exercise more caution.”

“Hai, Muriko-san. Gomen... ITAI!” Usagi’s knee was throbbing.

“Usa-ko!”

Muriko picked her up. “See, he’s going to kill me.”

Rei then told him that she had klutzed out the other day. “More like she saved our lives,” Minako whispered.

“Nani?” Muriko asked.

“Nothing.”

~~~~~

“Ruroni, why have you returned without the Ginzuishou?”

“Nisei-sama, the Princess somehow called for it unconsciously when my youma attacked the Prince.”

Nisei just stared at him. To say she was angry was an understatement, she was furious. “Your youma attacked the Prince of the Earth! I specifically told you not to harm him!” she screamed. “I want the Prince for myself and our planet!” Nisei calmed down, then added, ”I will give you one more chance, Ruroni. Kill Princess Serenity and bring the Prince to me.”

“Hai, my Queen,” he replied with a bow.

~~~~~~

Kenji entered Usagi’s room and sighed. His little girl was growing up before his eyes. “Papa...”

Kenji sat next to her on the bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Better, arigatou.”

The two stared at each other for a few minutes before the silence was broken. “Papa.”

“Usagi,” her father said. “Onegai, let me speak.” She nodded. “There’s still much that I don’t understand about all this, but I want you to know that I’m proud of you and your friends. Will you forgive me for acting the way I did?”

Usagi smiled. “Of course I forgive you, Papa. I will also try to explain everything as well as I can.” The two hugged.

“Also, that Chiba guy is outside your door. He’d like to speak with you. When he leaves, I want an explanation about him as well.”

“Hai, Papa,” Usagi replied as Kenji opened the door.

He gave Mamoru a look. “Five minutes, she needs her rest.”

“Of course, Tsukino-san,” Mamoru said.

~~~~~~

Ruroni stood outside of the Princess’ home and waited for the Prince. *Maybe Nisei-sama will let me have the Princess for myself... I’ll have to find out.* “Youma!”

“Hai, Ruroni-sama.”

“When the Prince comes out, do not harm him. Keep an eye out for the Senshi or the Princess. Do what you want with the Senshi, but don’t kill the Princess... yet. I have to speak with our Queen first. Is that clear?”

“Hai, Ruroni-sama.”

~~~~~~~

“Usa-ko, daijobu?”

“Hai, Mamo-chan. You?”

He nodded, sitting next to her. “It seems that we have much to explain to your father, ne?”

Usagi nodded. “Make sure you’re not here when I tell him,” she said with a smile.

Mamoru brushed her cheek with his hands. Their eyes locked for a moment and then they kissed. After a few minutes, they reluctantly broke away. “I’d better go, Usa-ko.”

“Yeah, we don’t want to get Papa angry. Oyasumi, Mamo-chan.”

“Oyasumi, Usa-ko.”

Usagi sighed when Mamoru left. She was about to settle down for bed, when she heard a commotion outside. “Who are you? Get off me!”

IT WAS MAMORU!

“Moon Crystal Power... Make up!”

~~~~~~

“I suggest you take your hands off that man!” Ruroni looked down on the beautiful Moon Princess. “I am the pretty suited soldier of love and justice, Sailor Moon! In the name of the moon, I’ll punish you!”

“Gomen, Princess Serenity, but my queen, Nisei-sama, has requested Prince Endymion’s presence.” He snapped his fingers and a youma appeared. *Distract her!* Ruroni told the youma telepathically.

“Good evening, my dear,” the youma said eerily. “Lets have some fun!”

The youma attempted to blast Sailor Moon with balls of fire. She was having a hard time dodging them with her bad knee. Finally, the youma smacked the knee. “ITAAAAAAIIIIIIII!!”

In a flash of light, the youma, Ruroni, and Mamoru were gone.

~~~~~

“Usagi! Usagi!” Ikuko and Kenji called. They had heard the attack and came rushing out just as Mamoru disappeared.

“MAMO-CHAN!”

Part 2

Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction