Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Face Your Fears Part 4/Epilogue

~~~~~~~
Part 4
~~~~~~~

Usagi sat alone in her room. Everyone else in the house had gone out. Her uncle made her stay home because of the fainting spell. She looked around the room and sighed. She missed her own room. She missed her family. She missed her friends. She even missed running into Mamoru!

The sound of the doorbell tore Usagi out of her reverie and she went downstairs to get the door. “Nani, Naru-chan? What’s wrong?”

“Usagi! You have to come back to Tokyo!” Naru cried hysterically.

Usagi was so confused that she didn’t even think of Naru still being under Nephrite's spell. “What’s wrong, Naru-chan? Tell me!”

“Your parents and Shingo! They were in a car accident!”

“NANI YO? Are they all right?”

“I don’t know, Usagi! But I think you should come back to Tokyo right away!”

~~~~~~

“Naru-chan, matte!” Usagi said, chasing after her friend. The girls had just arrived in Tokyo and Naru was taking Usagi through the park. The redheaded girl stopped and turned to face Usagi. “Why are we going this way, Naru-chan? My house is the other way.”

Naru glared at Usagi and pushed her to the ground. “Because, baka, Nephrite-sama wanted me to bring you here!”

“N-nephrite?” Usagi whispered.

“That’s right, Sailor Moon.”

Usagi looked at Naru. “You... you’re still under his spell?”

“What spell?” Naru asked, walking over to the General. “He is the only who ever understood me. And, you, Usagi, "my friend" will be dead.”

“Youmas!” Nephrite shouted. Usagi looked around at seven youmas that surrounded her. “By all, means, dear, transform. I’m sure you’d like to be Sailor Moon one last time.”

Usagi gulped and called out, “Moon Crystal Power... Make Up!”

~~~~~~~

Mamoru clutched his head in pain.

“Mamoru-san, daijobu?” Rei asked.

“Sailor Moon... She just transformed,” he said. Pulling out a rose, he did so himself. The girls, followed suite.

~~~~~~~

“Moon Tiara Action!” Sailor Moon yelled. The youma that was about to attack her disintegrated. She was lucky Nephrite hadn’t used a real person. She remembered this as soon as she sent the attack. *What if he used real people for the others? I can’t risk it, I’ll have to use hand to hand combat then attempt to heal them.*

Sailor Moon ran to the next youma. This one was rather slimy. “Sailor Kick!” She was able to knock it down, but not for long. The youma sprung up and grabbed her by the neck. She felt the youma squeeze her neck as her feet dangled above the ground. *No! I don’t want to die now! I still have to find my Prince!*

As if on cue, a red streak flew by Sailor Moon’s face, slicing the youma’s arm. It dropped the Senshi to the ground. She coughed, then looked at the direction the rose came from. “Tuxedo Kamen-sama.” *There's something about him...* “Endymion-sama...”

“Don’t forget us!” came a shout from behind the trees. “We’re the Sailor Team!”

“Passion Flame, Sailor Mars!”*

“Genius the Veil, Sailor Mercury!”*

“Hurricane Shout, Sailor Jupiter!”*

“Grace My Heart, Sailor Venus!”*

Sailor Moon got up and joined her Senshi. “Real justice, Sailor Moon!”*

“Hey, don’t forget me!” Apollo shouted. “Rising Sun, Sailor Apollo!”

“How touching,” Nephrite said sarcastically. “Youmas, get rid of these annoying Senshi. Naru, see what you can do to distract them.”

“Naru-chan... Onegai, listen to me,” Sailor Moon pleaded. “You’re better than all this. Nephrite does not love you! He is using you to get to me!”

Naru put her hands to her ears. “Usagi... help me...”

Nephrite growled. “Don’t listen to her, Naru! I do love you!”

"Nephrite-sama..." Naru whispered. *Who is right?* She looked at Nephrite then Usagi. *Usagi was always there for you. She never hurt you. She understood you.* *No! Nephrite-sama is the one who was always there for you.* *Usagi... Nephrite...* “You don’t, Nephrite!" Naru cried out. "If you did, you wouldn’t make me hurt my best friend!”

“Fine! If you’re going to betray me, then I have no use for you! Starlight Attack!”

“Naru!” Sailor Moon screamed, pushing her friend out of the way. The attacked grazed her shoulder. “Naru-chan, get out of here while you still can.”

“Demo, Usagi...”

“For me?”

Naru nodded. “Hai... gomen nasai, Usagi. Ariagtou...”

Usagi watched her run off. “Now, Nephrite, it’s you and me!”

~~~~~~

“Minna! Two of these youma are human. Mars, Jupiter, take care of them. The rest of us will deal with the other four,” Apollo said. “Prince, protect your Princess. We’ll be fine.”

Apollo watched as Tuxedo Kamen nodded and ran to the confrontation between Sailor Moon and Nephrite. She turned her attention back to the youmas. “Hyperion Beam!”

"Venus Love Me Chain!"

"Helios Flash!"

“Okay, time to turn you back into a human!” Mars said. “Mars Fire Healing... Escalation!” She immediately ran over to the confused man.

“This nasty youma looks like it used to be my old Sempai...” Jupiter said to herself. With a shrug, she shouted, “Jupiter Thunder Healing... Escalation!” *Kami, it is my old Sempai!*

“Shabon Spray!” Mercury cried out. She turned when she heard Venus scream. “Venus!” Mercury ran to her injured friend. “Where are you hurt?”

“My knee,” she replied with a wince.

Mercury scanned it. “It’s just a sprain. Mako-chan, take her to the cover of those trees.”

Mercury was about to say something else when Venus hollered at her to turn around. Venus shrugged out of Jupiter’s arms. “Crescent Beam!” the Senshi of Love grinned. “All right!”

“Great job, minna,” Apollo said. “Now, lets see if we can’t help our Princess out.”

~~~~~~

Sailor Moon leapt out of the way of Nephrite’s attack. She was tiring out. *Come on! There has got to be a way to defeat him! Queen Serenity, Mother, please help me!*

“Give up, Moon Brat, there’s no way you can defeat me.”

“We’ll just see about that!” She pulled out her Crescent Moon Wand. As soon as she did, the Ginzuishou appeared in front of her.

“The Ginzuishou! So it was you who had it all along!” Nephrite said, running up to her to snatch it. There was some kind of protective shield around it. It repelled him back.

Sailor Moon closed her eyes. “Apollo, come here please.” The Senshi of Apollo stepped up to her Princess. “Take my hand.” She did so.

Power swelled between the two. Suddenly they both became Princesses. Serenity opened her eyes. She looked at her protectors. They were also in their Princess forms. Tuxedo Kamen was in his Prince form and the girl recognized him immediately. It was Chiba Mamoru. “Minna, hold hands. Endymion-sama...”

Endymion stood behind Serenity and Aurora. “Nephrite,” Serenity said. “Give up and be healed or be destroyed. It is your choice.”

“I will never give up! I WANT THE GINZUISHOU! I will kill you all if I have to just to get it!”

Serenity sighed. “Very well. Minna, your power.”

“Mercury Oracle Power...”

“Mars Oracle Power...”

“Jupiter Oracle Power...”

“Venus Oracle Power...”

“Apollo Oracle Power...”

“Moon Prism Power...”

Nephrite gathered his energy as well, and counterattacked. “Starlight Cosmos Attack!” he shouted.

The good and evil streams of energy collided in the middle. The Earth shook and the wind blew. The sun had disappeared. This went on for five minutes.

Princess Serenity and Princess Aurora called on the full powers of their planets. Serenity used her Crescent Wand and Aurora pulled out her Oracle Staff.

The two spun and called out, “Mystical Moonbeam...”

“Celestial Stardust...”

"...UNIFICATION!"

“Iya! This can’t be! I was defeated by mere weaklings! IYA!”

~~~~~~

“Usagi-chan, wake up,” Minako said.

“N-nani?” Usagi said. “Is... is Nephrite gone?”

“Hai,” Makoto replied. “You and Aurora-chan put him away for good!”

“Mako-chan, don’t be so modest,” Aurora said, getting up. “We had the help of five others, ne?”

Usagi got up and hugged Aurora. “It is so good to see you again.”

“It’s good to see you too, Sere.”

“Ne, Usagi-chan,” Ami spoke up. “Isn’t there someone you need to talk to?”

“Konbanwa, Odango Atama!”

Usagi looked skeptical. “Are you sure, this is my Prince?” she asked. Mamoru’s face fell. “I’m just kidding, Mamoru-san! I know you’re Prince Endymion.”

“Yokatta! I didn’t want to have to go through all that again, Odango.”

“Stop calling me that! My name is Usagi! U-S-A-G-I! USAGI!”

“What did you say? I don’t think they heard you in America,” Mamoru said with a laugh.

“Oi, they’re even worse now that they’re going to be an item,” Rei muttered.

~~~~~~~
Epilogue
~~~~~~~

Usagi smiled as she ran past the arcade. She was going to be able to see Naru again. It had been two weeks since the awful encounter and Naru was nervous about seeing her friend face to face. Usagi didn’t care what happened in the past. Naru, her friends, her family were still alive. That’s what really mattered.

Usagi finally arrived and rang the doorbell. “Usagi!” Naru said excitedly. She pulled her friend into a hug.

“Naru-chan, it’s so good to see you again!”

“Usagi, come in, please.” Naru led her into the living room. “Usagi, I want to thank you for everything you did for me. And I’d also like to apologize. I can’t believe I fell for Nephrite’s tricks. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?”

Usagi smiled. “Of course, I forgive you, Naru-chan. And I want you to know that I don’t put my other friends before you. You are the first friend I ever had. I love you like a sister. If you feel like I’m not hanging out with you much, let me know.”

“Oh, Usa!” Naru exclaimed, hugging her.

“Naru-chan, there’s something that I learned that I want you to know too. First of all, I’m sorry for abandoning you. I knew that you and Nephrite were still alive and I didn’t try to save you.” Naru nodded and forgave her. “What I want to say is this: ‘It isn’t what happens; it’s how you deal with it that’s important.’”**

THE END

* These introductions, ‘Passion Flame, Sailor Mars’, etc are from the most recent Sailor Moon Musical, Transylvania no Mori. I did not make them up. (Except for Apollo’s cause she’s not a real SM character... ^_-)

** I found this quote on an inspirational calendar. I don’t know who said it, but it wasn’t me.

Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction