Because Of A Game
Part 9: Because Of A Game

"So, what did you do when you saw Heero in Catherine's bed, naked?"

Trowa shrugged. "What was I supposed to do? It's none of my business, and I'm happy for both of them. I know Heero will take care of my sister and never hurt her. I approve completely. I think he was a little embarrassed though. He's not use to the exhibitionist behaviors of our family yet. Duo, watch the road."

"I am watching the road, and what do you mean by that?"

Trowa laughed. "Well, I had on a watch, and Catherine was wearing a towel...around her waist."

"You guys are sick," Duo laughed. "Only you and Catherine would do some crazy stuff like that."

"Whatever. So, how's Quatre and that girl doing, what's her name?"

"Who, Sylvia?" Trowa nodded. "They're doing great. She's the only person I know besides Heero who could smoke as much as he does. I swear, that chick scares me. She's gorgeous, but if Quatre were to ever have a ‘who can smoke the most' contest, she'd definitely be some serious competition. When two potheads are in love, what can you say?"

Trowa laughed. "You shouldn't call them that Duo."

"Well shit, that's what they are."

"Never mind, I'm sorry I brought it up. In any case, Wu and Sal should be leaving with Heero and Catherine by now. I can't believe it. Ever since that fight with me and Hilde, my sister and Sally have been inseparable. And what else did your mom say?"

"No kidding. I think Wufei was jealous of Cathy for a little while. They are joined at the hip practically now. Oh yeah, my mom. She thought it was all hysterical."

"She did?"

"Yeah. Especially when I told her that I was holding your hand, and I said, ‘I can't be with you while this snot nose bitch is following me around like a damn dog.' She died laughing. She thought it was too funny. Speaking of her, look at the map. Are we going the right way?"

"Duo, I can't believe you don't know the way to your own parents' house."

"Well, I can't remember all the roads! And it's a six hour drive! That's long! And I'm not the one who wanted to spent spring break at my folk's house. That was YOU."

"Well, I don't want to tell them that we're engaged over the phone. That would suck. I want to tell them in person. But Duo, it's been a while since I've seen your folks. It'll be nice to talk with your dad and to hang around in the kitchen, waiting for your mom to cook something like we used to do, remember?"

Duo smiled at the memory as he switched lanes. "Yeah, I remember. Those were the days. I'll admit it though. They are happy that we're together. My dad thought it would be me and Quatre, but he's happy it's you. He likes quiet people."

"That's because you and your mom are so loud."

"Whatever! If that's what you think then you can just sleep on the couch."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

"Yuck. You have no business trying to pout. You look like a bulldog. But give me a kiss and I'll forgive you." Trowa smiled mischievously before they kissed, trying his best to distract the boy. Unfortunately, it worked. "Hey Duo, get back on the road!"

"Whoa! Sorry. It's your fault you know, for being too damn sexy. Here, let's put on some music before we both go crazy." Duo popped in a Metallica cd, and started to bounce around in the driver's seat. Trowa only leaned back in his chair and stared at his reflection, happy beyond anything he's ever known. And to think he found the love of his life because of a game...

(the end)


*Note* I wanted a sappy ending, unlike in real life. >.<

Back