On 4 August 2008, a group of Bangladesh army personnel led by Capt. Tanvir demanded few chickens from Buddhist villagers Mr. Tonchongya of Belaichari. When Mr. Tonchongya refused the Muslim soldiers of Bangladesh army blind folded him and tortured him resulting in the fracture of his right leg. Thereafter Tanvir forced the local village chief Anil Chandra Tonchongya and Doctor Priya Dorshi to sign a statement stating that Mr. Tonnyapu Tonchongya got his leg fractured while running away from the army.
Bangladesh army arrest and tortures indigenous Chakma men in Mahalchari
4-5 May 2006 a group of Bangladesh Army personnel of Mahalchari zone arrested following six innocent Jummas while they were chatting in a village shop at Lemuchari village under Mahalchari in Khagrachari district. The victims were taken into Mahalchari zone and were brutally tortured. The victims were.
- Mr. Sona Ratan Chakma (38) son of late Subash Chandra Chakma
- Mr. Hridoy Bindu Chakma (32) son of Satya Ranjan Chakma
- Mr. Asim Baran Talukder (47) son of Late Mukundu Lal Talukder
- Mr. Priti Bindu Talukder (30) son of Nabadip Talukder
- Mr. Santu Chakma (22) son of Indumoy Chakma
- Mr. Pradip Chakma (18) son of Rebati Mohan Chakma
Later 5 persons were released from Mahlachari zone due to tremendous pressure from the Chairman of Maischari but Sona Ratan Chakma was handed over to Mahalchari police station in connection with false arms case. The army authority took photographs of each victim holding a gun to fabricate arms case against the victims.
Copyright © 2008 Committee for International Campaign. All Rights Reserved