PROVINCIAL HOBBY STOCK RULES
1. The hobby stock class will be open to any North American made 2 or 4 door hardtop or sedan, 1960 or newer, with a wheelbase of not less than 107.5" on full-framed cars and 108" for unibody cars.
2. a. External body must be stock appearing.
b. Sunroofs and t-tops must be enclosed.
c. No altering or channelling of body.
3. a. NO aftermarket bodies or nose cones allowed.
b. No spoilers, wing skirts, air scoops or anything that alters stock appearance.
4. a. Internal panels may be removed for roll cage installation with stock floor and firewalls to remain in original location.
b. NO gutting of vehicle allowed except room for door bars.
c. Trunk, hood and kick panels cannot be gutted in new cars for 2001 and will be mandated intact for all cars in 2002.
d. Front inner wheel wells may be removed.
e. Front hoop recommended.
5. a. Wheel openings may be radiused.
b. Absolutely no cutting of rear inner fender wells.
6. a. Minimum car weight to be no less than 3200 lb. with the driver.
b. No ballast allowed. Ballast will be added by tech committee to a neutral area if underweight.
c. Top points cars may be weighed at end of race day.
7. a. All sharp edges, torn fenders, bumpers and body panels to be repaired prior to next race day.
b. Handmade body parts must be constructed of steel.
1. a. Stock bumpers in stock locations.
b. Bumper may have minor reinforcement from behind or inside the body.
c. NO visible bracing.
2. a. Metal gouge guards must be installed and atached from bumper to body panel.
b. NO cutting of bumpers.
c. NO cow catchers.
3. Tow hooks must be mounted to the frame or bumper, two on the front and one hook in the rear of the car.
C. FRAME AND SUSPENSION
1. a. Stock suspension only for make and model of car.
b. Control arms, steering components and ball-joints are to remain stock and in stock location for make, model and year.
c. NO offset balljoints.
d. NO racing control arms.
2 a. Neoprene or polyurethane suspension bushings allowed.
b. NO solid steel bushings in the suspension of a Hobby Stock car.
3. a. Stock mounting location for shocks only.
b. One shock per wheel only.
c. NO coil over or load leveler shocks.
d. NO racing shocks.
4. a. Stock location for springs only.
b. Steel springs only.
c. Cars must have equal number of leafs springs on each side: same length, thickness and width.
d. NO racing springs.
e. NO weight jacks or weight jacking devices or spacers in coil springs.
f. NO lowering blocks.
g. NO leaf sliders.
5. a. Anti sway bars cannot be adjustable and must be equally spaced side to side.
b. NO panhard bars.
c. NO chains.
d. Body bushings must be stock height or higher.
1. Radiators must be mounted in stock location.
2. Only one radiator per car.
3. NO coolant devices of any kind in driver's compartment.
4. Aluminum radiators allowed.
5. Radiator must be equipped with stock type overflow tank.
E. REAR DIFFERENTIALS/ REAR ENDS
1. a. NO quick change rear ends.
b. Rear end may be locked; mini spool permitted.
c. NO floaters or full spools.
d. NO electronic traction control.
e. Factory full-locking (posi) only.
2. a. Rear ends must remain stock width.
b. Must be in stock location for make, model and year of car.
3. Rear ends must stay in manuafacturer's lines, e.g. GM in GM.
1. a. Stock type automatic transmissions only. NO standard/manual transmisions.
b. NO direct drives.
c. Scatter shield recommended.
2. a. Stock type torque converter.
b. NO racing types of any kind.
c. $75 claim on torque converter (follow engine claim procedure).
Must have all gears operational at beginning of race day, e.g. TH350 must have three forward and one reverse; PG two forward and one reverse.
4. a. all driveshafts must be steel, painted white, and have a safety hoop near the front universal.
1. a. The tires must be DOT approved car type to a maximum P235-70.
b. All four tires must be the same rating size and rim diameter(all 14" or 15").
2. a. NO ground grips or lug.
b. NO recaps, siping or grooving.
c. NO aggressive treads.
d. NO racing brand tires (McCreary, Hoosier etc.).
1. a. All wheels must be of steel construction and no wider than 7".
b. Maximum 4" dish, minimum 3" dish, measured from outer rim flange to mounting flange.
2. NO aluminum or magnesium wheels allowed.
3. NO beadlocks or wheel spacers.
4. a. Steel wheel studs only.
b. Stud threads must extend past the nut when rim is mounted.
5. 1" lug nuts mandatory.
1. a. Carburetion must be any stock 2 barrel carburetor.
b. NO Holley 4412 or high performance, upgraded stock or aftermarket carburetors.
c. NO variable venturi carburetors.
d. NO modifications except for choke plate removal.
Carburetor must bolt directly to intake (NO spacers).
3. a. Paper or washable element, 4" maximum height.
NO top flow air cleaners allowed.
NO fuel injection.
6. NO turbo chargers.
NO electric fuel pumps.
NO cool cans.
ROLLCAGE AND SAFETY
a. All rollcage material must be a minimum of 1.66 OD steel tubing with a minimum of .095 wall thickness.
b. All rollcages must be attached to the frame with a minimum of 6 mounting points. No part of the rollcage may protrude from the bodywork.
c. The main hoop behind the driver must have a minimum of one cross brace. Drivers helmet must be below rollcage.
d. A bar must be added to the centre of the roof hoop for added protection.
e. 3 drivers side door bars must be used with a minimum of 2 supports per bar continuing down to frame. 2 bars must be used on the other side of driver's compartment.
f. One dash bar is required running horizontal between doorposts.
g. Drivers side pillar bar is mandatory.
h. Rub rails allowed. Maximum sizes 1x2 rect. Or 1.75 round mounted a maximum of one inch from the body. Rub rails can only run from tire to tire in a straight line with a maximum overhang on either end of four inches.
a. All seats must be steel or aluminium racing type, mounted securely to the frame and cage, with back support.
b. Seatbelts are to be racing type 5 point 3" width mounted securely to the frame, seat frame, and/ or rollcage. Shoulder belts must be mounted within 4" of the horizontal plane of the driver's shoulders. It is recommended that the shoulder harness be mounted slightly above the shoulders.
c. Drivers side quick release window net is mandatory mounted securely to the rollcage.
d. All cars must have a windshield or screen (maximum 2" square x minimum 10-gauge wire, or equivalent) with 2 minimum 5/8" bars.
e. Battery must be mounted securely. It must be encased in a marine style box if mounted in the driver's compartment.
f. Minimum car weight is 3200 lbs. With driver. All ballast must be painted white and marked with car number.
g. All cars must have an operable 2 pound minimum fire extinguisher mounted in a quick release bracket in reach of the driver at all times.
h. Drivers must wear a minimum of fireproof coveralls and leather gloves; racing gear strongly recommended. Minimum DOT approved helmet; SA 2000 recommended.
i. Each car must have a clearly labelled kill switch which is easily accessible from outside the car.
1. a. Maximum for a) Dodge: 360 cu.in., .030 overbore; b) GM: 350 cu.in., .030 overbore; c) Ford 351 cu.in., .030 overbore.
b. Maximum 9 to 1 compression ratio.
c. Engines must stay within manuafacturer's line, e.g. GM motor ONLY in GM car.
d. All engines used in competition must be able to be used in a conventional passenger car without alteration.
2. a. Engine location must be stock.
b. Motor must be placed so that fuel pump is forward of front cross member.
c. All engines must be chained down, one on each side.
NO aluminum cylinder blocks.
4. a. Steel cylinder heads only.
b. NO aluminum heads.
c. NO aftermarket heads.
d. NO TBI or fuel injection heads dated later than 1986.
e. Ford cars: no SVO heads; Chrysler cars: no W2 heads, 360 cu.in only. Must be 76 cc heads or larger.
5. a. NO intermarriage of crank shafts to change stroke, e.g. SBC 400 crank in SBC 350; in other words NO strokers.
b. Stock rod for engine block.
6. a. Cast iron 2 barrel intake manifold only.
b. NO aluminum intakes.
7. a. Cast iron exhaust only; no centre dumps.
b. NO headers.
8. a. NO porting or polishing.
b. NO match porting.
c. NO grinding or CNC machining of any kind on heads, exhaust manifolds, or intake manifold except for valve guides and seats.
9. a. Flat top pistons.
b. Dished allowed.
c. NO domed pistons.
10. a. Hydraulic camshaft and lifters only.
b. NO roller camshafts, lifters or roller rockers.
c. NO solid camshaft or lifters.
d. NO mushroom step lifters or roller tip rockers.
e. NO machining permitted to install camshaft.
f. Must be able to remove lifter from top of lifter galley at any time.
g. Camshaft lift and duration are at your discretion.
h. Rocker ratio must be stock for make and model.
i. Stock type retainers and valves.
11. a. Any timing chain allowed.
b. NO gear drive.
12. NO dry sump systems.
13. a. NO aftermarket ignition control boxes allowed.
b. NO high output performance coils or ignition boxes.
c. Wires and plugs at your discretion.
1. a. NO aluminum brake drums or components.
b. NO rear disc brakes.
2. Stock routing and stock proportioning valve for make and model.