A Family History
- Acid Free Craft paper
- Tape or glue
- Copies of pictures
- Acid Free pens and markers
- A hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn
- Questionnaire, sample questions below.
Gather together pictures of your grandparents as they were children, young
adults and thru their lives, pictures of your parents thru their lives and
pictures of you and your siblings.
Ask your grandparents, parents and siblings to answer the following
Tape or glue pictures onto the craft paper.
With the markers, write down everyone's answers through out the book.
On one page, list the family tree.
Punch holes in the end of the book and tie it all together with a ribbon.
Draw a picture on the cover and voila! you have a great family history book!
- Birth date
- Where did they grow up as children/teenagers/adults?
- Did they have both parents raising them?
- How many siblings?
- Did they have any pets?
- Who was their best friend as a youth/adult?
- Who was their favorite teacher?
- What was their favorite food as a child?
- What is their favorite food now?
- What was their earliest memory?
- Did they go to church or temple?
- What did they do for fun as children/teenagers/adults?
- What scared them as a child/teenager/adult?
- What was their most embarrassing moment as a child?
- What was their funniest moment?
- What was their happiest moment?
- What was their saddest moment?
- What was their favorite music/group/band?
- What things do we have today that were not in existence when they were
- What was their first job?
- What did they do thru most of their life - i.e., career?
- Did they have a hobby, if so, what?
- What one piece of advice would they like to pass on?
- If they found a magic lamp w/a Genie granting 3 wishes what would they