Conqueror Rollerplex-Home of the Canada Conquerors
The Canada Conquerors
This site is dedicated to the young and talented athletes of the MSL team, the Canada Conquerors.
- The Team: The Canada Conquerors are the newest team in the Manitoba Skating League with fast skaters and strong talent. They all come from Glenboro High School but from four different towns and also a different country. They are called the Canada Conquerors because they feel that they are the top team in the league and want to represent their great country. Here is the team:
- Alex Greenlay
- Alex is the team captain of the Conquerors. He uses his strong and great leadership abilities to keep the team together. He is a 3x speed skating champion and has won 2 national championships. His bigger thrill was beating an enemy in a three lap match race. "It was a great race. I had a lot of respect for the guy." The team calls him "Captain Canada" and he feels that it is the right name for him. "I like it! It makes me feel strong."
- Trent Hamilton
- Trent is the co-captain of the Conquerors men's team. He is the type of guy who loves to party and talk to girls. A former hockey player, Trent uses his hockey experience to get past those old skaters on the track. "I like to hurt people. It's my nature. They think they are better than me and can push me around. I don't like it and I'll beat them up first."
- Marcel Vallotton
- Marcel is the tallest skater in the league no doubt. At 6'9" 230 pounds, he is a wrecking ball on the track. "All the other skaters look like ants to me. I knock them down with no trouble and step on them." Marcel plays volleyball and basketball and even played in the national volleyball championship in Winnipeg. "My team and I got second but that doesn't matter. We had a good time." Marcel is a ferice skater on the track and leaves this advice for any skaters, "When you step onto the track, you better watch your back!"
- Mike Roidoux
- Mike is a thrill-seeker. He loves talking to girls and getting into fights. "Fighting is fun. I do get beaten up a lot but I just laugh at it." A 2x speed skating champion, he thinks he is the fastest on the track. "There are a lot of fast skaters on the track but I truly think I'm the fast." Don't let this guy mess with you.
- Jorge Gonzolaz
- Jorge is a skater all the way from his home country of Mexico. He is in Canada on an exchange program and loves this country. "Canada is cool! It's a fun country." A high school football player, Jorge loves the contact of the MSL. "It's hard, hitting action and I love every minute of it. I've gotten many bruises and cuts in the game but that doesn't bother me."
- Patrick Hacault
- Patrick is the sort of guy you would see down in sunny California but he lives up here in Canada. "I got my nickname from people seeing me as a California type person. I like it!" Patrick is an aggressive inline skater and once played in the X-Games Championship in Toronto, Ontario. "I got fourth but I still felt I was a winner." He's a fast skater on the track and loves making fun of older skaters. "I'm like a fly on the track. I skate real fast and when the jam is over, I like to anoy the older talent."
- Nathan Ham
- Nathan is the shortest on the team but he doesn't seem to mind it. "Being short isn't so bad. It's harder for the blockers to hit me and I easily rush by them." Nathan's big sister, Lauren, also plays for the Conquerors and they both enjoy it. "Being on the same team with my sis is great. We grew up with Alex when we were very little and we are all such good friends." The MSL is Nathan's kind of sport. "It's a rough sport but I love beating on people bigger than me. I show them that size isn't everything."
- Jennifer Lussier
- Jennifer is the girls captain for the Conquerors. She may be small but she has a tough attitude. "I don't like girls who push me around. I stand up for myself and fight." She's one of the fastest skaters on the team and that's how she got the nickname 'The Jet'. "It's a great nickname! It makes me sound tough." Jennifer always depends on her girls team to do a good job and work together. "We're like a family. We skate clean and work as a unit. We always stick to our Canadian way."
- Jenny Steele
- Jenny is the so called 'Bad Girl of Skating' because of her attitude and her love for fighting. "Fighting makes you stronger. It puts you on the top of your game." Jenny, who has won over 3 provincal speed skating championships, knows that she is the fastest. "Other girls like Julie Thomas and Becky Stevenson should know that I'm the fastest on the track and that I can kick the crap out of them anytime." Jenny loves playing on the team with her long time boyfriend, Patrick Hacault. "He's a great skater. I love him. Seeing him speed around the track is a real turn on for me." Her 'Bad Girl' attitude is only used on the track. Off the track, Jenny is a real fun girl to be with.
- Lauren Ham
- Like her little brother, Nathan, Lauren also plays for the Conquerors. A girl with a figure skating background loves the game. "It's a fun sport and I like it!" Lauren is a special girl. She is a great friend to everyone and loves to see animals at local animal shelters. "I wish I could take all the animals out of the shelters and keep them. I love pets." Lauren is one of those girls who is no more than a friendly friend.
- Chanda Bjarnason
- Chanda is one of the most aggressive girls on the Conqueror team. She is a natural born fighter. "I love to fight. I love beating on the bigger, meaner girls who think they are the tops in the league." Chanda started skating when she was three years old and hasn't stop since. "Skating is a blast. You get around faster and can be on top." Chanda has her own little motto about skating on the track, "When you skate onto the track with me, it will be a hell of a ride."
- Breezey Vrooman
- Breezey is a funny girl on the track. People mostly she her and and her friend, Chanda, making fun of other girl skaters. "All of the other girls in the league like the girls from Landmark are nothing but a bunch of b****es. They think they're better than us. I'd like to show them a thing or two." Breezey is a country girl. "Growing up on a farm is fun. Being around farm animals and friendly people really has made me a friendly girl." But don't let her good side be funny on the track. "When I'm on the track, all the other girls better watch themselves because I will pull their hair out."
- Melissa Jeffries
- Melissa is small girl on the outside, but in the inside, she is as big as she can be. "Size is no problem to me. I'm still a hard playing girl on the track." Melissa started started skating at the age of four and didn't get into speed skating until the age of 14. "I've won two provincal championships and broke a provincal speed record." This girl is speed and she knows it. "I'm as fast as all of the other girls in the league. They call me bad things but I answer back with my fists."
- Dara McLean
- Dara is strong competoter in the MSL and a champion. "I've got 3 national championships and 2 gold medals after speed skating in the Pan Am Games. Dara seems like a girl that would play for the Minnedosa Suns with the girls team that calls themselves the 'Sunny Babes' but she wouldn't leave her team. "Glenboro is my place to be. The Sunny Babes are just a bunch of barbie dolls who care more about their looks than their skating." Dara is never afraid to put up a fight and when she does, she will knock the crap right out of the other girls.
- If you would like to contact some of the Conquerors and send them a fan letter, send them by their email addresses:
- I will try to get the others email addresses as soon as possible.
- Future things on this site...
- Pictures of the team
- Top scorers
- Game highlights
- Team standings
The Offical Web Site of the WSL
Site of the National Hockey League
Offical site of the World Wrestling Federation
Thank you for visiting my page at Angelfire.
Please come back and visit again! Please visit and sign my guestbook.
Sign My Guestbook
View My Guestbook