Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!


"IT'S MY LIFE, IT'S NOW OR NEVA, I AIN'T GUNNA LIVE FOREVA, I JUS WANNA LIVE WHILE I'M ALIVE, IT'S MY LI-"

"Corrie, I swear to God if you don't shut up and turn that music down I will beat the shit out of you!!"

Corrie sighed, hopped up off of the bed and turned the sterio down. "THERE!!! Happy now?!?!"

Corrie shouted through the wall to her best friend Promise who was trying her best to study.

"Yes, very," said Promise from the doorway.

Corrie frowned at Promise, "I thought I told you we were gunna have company tonight?"

Promise nodded, "You did, what's your point?"

"You aren't going to wear that are you?"

Promise looked down at her outfit- jeans and a baggy sweater, "The company can't be that important, anyway I'm comfortable like this."

"Well I don't care if you have to go around all night with your pants stuck up your ass, you are wearing something half decent!"

Promise scrunched up her nose, "Fiiiiiine! But just keep the music down for a little longer, I have to get these last few chapters finished up."

"Alright, I'm going to jump in the shower, when I'm done, you're getting ready."

Promise dissapeared from the doorway back to her bedroom, and Corrie gathered her things into the bathroom.

* * *

Promise squirmed around in the tight black jeans that Corrie had made her squeeze into as she watched her best friend shuffle through the closet in search of the 'perfect' shirt.

"UGH! That's it! I can't take these jeans, I'll find something myself, get outta here!"

Promise screeched as she quickly unzipped the jeans.

Corrie shrugged, "Suit yourself, but don't say I didn't warn you when you see who's coming over."

"Unless it's the Pope, no company is worth wearing these jeans," Promise grumbled as she searched for a new pair of pants.

* * *

*Knock* *Knock*

Corrie looked up from the phone book as she heard a knock on the door. "Prom!! They're here!!!!"

Promise walked into the room humming 'The Call', "Well go get the door then." Corrie stood up and looked Promise over, black jean shorts and a white sweater.

"Prom, go change your shirt," mumbled Corrie as she went to answer the door. "Nuh uh, it's my fave sweater!" argued Promise as she followed Corrie to the door.

Corrie shot Promise one last look, a look that said 'Fine, but I warned you!' and with that she opened the door.

"AJ!!" she squealed as she threw herself into AJ's arms.

"Corr! I've missed you!" he said as he hugged her tightly.

Promise grabbed onto the table for support, as she now realized who her 'important company' was. She blinked rapidly, Nick Carter? AJ MClean? No way!!

Corrie pulled out of AJ's arms and turned to Promise, giving her a sly smile, "AJ, this is my best friend, and room mate, Promise Hardesty, Promise, AJ MClean, and Nick-"

"Carter," Promise finished for her.

Nick smiled at Promise, "Yep that's me!"

Corrie grabbed AJ's arm and pulled him into the apartment.

"Nick, AJ, come on in, I was just about to order a pizza."

As AJ and Nick made their way into the living room, Promise yanked Corrie aside.

"OH my Gawd!! There was no way you told me you knew Backstreet Boys, and I forgot!"

Corrie laughed, "That's cuz I didn't tell you, I met them about a year ago, at a club. You were visiting your family and I spent the summer with them."

"And you never told me??"

Corrie laughed again, "Would you have believed me?"

Promise smiled, "Good point."

When they were finished talking, they entered the living room and Corrie sat on the arm of the recliner that AJ was sitting in. Promise hesitated on whether or not she would sit beside Nick, in the love seat, but when she caught Corrie's mocking look, she quickly sat down.

"So guys, how've you been? I mean, I haven't seen you in months!"

"Yeah, I know, seems like forever, we're pretty good, the tour starts soon, that's got us pretty stressed, but I'm sure ya know what I mean. University is probly about the same, huh?"

Corrie laughed, "Oh yeah, definetly, and Promise over their, studies like there's no tomorrow!"

Promise blushed, "I'm here on a scholarship, so I really wanna try to keep up my grades."

Nick smiled at her, "You can never be too smart!"

Promise smiled back graciously.

'Killer smile!' Nick said to himself.

He looked her up and down for what seemed like the twentieth time since they'd arrived. He loved her golden blonde hair and her dark green eyes.

"Well sure ya can!" protested Corrie.

AJ laughed, "You're only saying that cuz you'll never be that smart!"

She slapped him lightly and laughed, "Jerk!"

* * *

"So, how long are you guys in Tallahassee?" asked Promise, who had finally started to relax wth the guys.

AJ shrugged, "We're really only here cuz I asked the guys if we could hang out here for a little while, I wanted to see Corrie before the tour started." He shot Corrie sly smile and she smiled back.

"Yeah, tour starts in Orlando, so we gotta get there by the end of the weekend."

Corrie groaned, "3 days?? Aww, you can only stay 3 days?"

AJ pouted, "Yeah."

"Well, why don't we all do something tomorrow?" suggested Nick, keeping his eyes on Promise to see her reaction.

Corrie perked up, "A double date!!!!"

Promise's eyes bulged, "No no no, I couldn't, I have to stu-"

"LALALALALA!!!" shouted Corrie, not letting Promise finish.

"Corrie!!! I HAVE AN EXAM!!!"

Corrie continued to scream until finally Promise relented, "Alright, I'll go!"

"Great! So, how about we go to a movie?" suggested Corrie.

* * *

Corrie and AJ stood in the kitchen, alone, getting ready to say good bye. "It was great seeing you again AJ."

AJ smiled and pulled Corrie into a hug, "It was good seeing you too."

She looked him in the eyes, hoping he'd lean in and kiss her, like he had the day she had to leave last summer.

He smiled, pulled out of the hug and walked towards the hallway, "Well, Nick and I will be by tomorrow, around seven, so I'll see ya then?"

Corrie nodded and watched as he put on his coat.



"Well it was nice meeting you, I'll see you tomorrow?" asked Nick as he and Promise walked into the hallway.

"Yep, see you then, and nice meeting you AJ!"

As the door shut behind them Promise let out a squeal and grabbed Corrie into a hug.

"Oh Corrie! I can't believe this!! OoOO girl I luv you!!!"

Corrie laughed, "Of course you do!"

They walked into the living room and plopped down onto the floor. "So, what happened when you hung out with them all summer?" asked Promise curiously.

Corrie sighed, "Nothing much... well, I thought something did, but it seems I thought wrong..."

"Aw hunny, what's wrong?"

Corrie shrugged, "AJ and I got real close during the summer, but , never as more then friends, then, at the airport on the day I had to come home, he kissed me."

Promise smiled, "So then what's the problem? Didn't you want him to kiss you?"

Corrie nodded her head, "I did, definetly, but just now, in the kitchen before they left, he had the perfect opportunity to kiss me, I was willing him to kiss me, but he didn't!!"

"Well that doesn't mean anything, maybe he just wanted to wait," Promise tried to reasure her.

"Wait for what?"

"Um... the double date!!!"

Corrie laughed, "Whatever you say, I'm goin to bed."

"G'night Corr."

"Night Prom, don't study too hard."

* * *

*Ding Dong*

Promise's head flew up and her eyes settled on the door.

Corrie came sprinting down the stairs in a mad dash for the door.

"Come on Prom!! Ding Dong, they're heeeerrrrreeeee!!!"

Promise sat frozen on the couch, "I changed my mind, I'm sick, I can't go!!" Corrie laughed grabbed her hand, "Come on, you'll break Nicky's lil heart if you don't come."

Promise sighed, "Fine, but if I puke, it's all your fault."

"Hey guys!" Corrie said happily as she opened the front door.

"Hey!"

"You wanna come in, or should we just head out?"

"Well no point in wastin' time, let's go," said AJ as he grabbed Corrie's hand, pulling her out of the apartment.

Promise followed behind them, locking the door on her way out.

As the four of them drove towards the theater, Corrie reached for the radio and tuned it in to her favorite station.

Both Promise and Corrie squealed when they heard the familiar telephone ring, as 'The Call' started.

AJ groaned and immediatly tried to turn it off, but Corrie swatted his hand away, and turned it up as loud as it went.

Nick laughed, "What exactly were we thinking when we agreed for this to be the next single?"

AJ chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, "Beats me!"

They pulled into the mall parking lot and AJ switched off the engine.

* * *

As the lights in the theater dimmed, Corrie snuggled close to AJ and lifted her eyes up slowly to watch his reaction.

AJ gently pushed Corrie away, discreetly, keeping his eyes on the screen.

Corrie turned her eyes back to the screen, slightly embarressed, and very hurt.

Promise sat puzzled by the scene before her. From what she had seen so far, before the movie, she thought AJ really liked Corrie. So then why had he pushed her away?

"Nick?" Promise whispered into the dark, to the figure beside her.

"Yeah?" he answered, leaning his head closer to hers, to avoid disturbing the people around them.

"Did you see that?"

He nodded slowly, "You mean AJ and Corr?"

"Uh huh, what's up with him?"

Nick hesistated a minute before giving a small shrug, "Well, AJ really likes Corrie..."

Promise sat waiting for him to continue, but when he didn't she gave an impatient sigh, "So? Then why is he pushing her away?"

"We travel alot, and that makes it really hard for our relationships to work out..."

She nodded sympathetically, "But if he likes her enough, can't he atleast make an attempt?"

"He's tried... the both of us have tried..." Nick trailed off, trying not to think of his previous break up.

Promise slowly took his hand, "Hey, it's alright Nick... I'm sure you'll find someone."

He smiled, and squeezed her hand lightly, "I hope so, but as for AJ, he really likes Corrie, and they're such good friends, he's afraid he might hurt her."

Promise giggled as Nick chased her down the hall, to the door of her apartment.

Corrie and AJ walked up to the door slowly, "Great movie, I'll talk to you later AJ."

Corrie hurriedly unlocked the door and walked into the apartment, moving quickly up the stairs to her room.

Promise looked at AJ sadly, "I'll try and talk to her."

He shrugged, "Don't bother, it's better this way, she doesn't need to get her hopes up any further."

He turned on his heel and walked away.

Nick chuckled, "Eventually he'll realize he should make a move, untill then..."

He leaned down slowly and pecked Promise on the cheek, "I'll be seeing you."

She smiled widely and mumbled, "Yeah... see you!"

She watched as he walked away, and then drifted through the apartment door, closing it softly.

Part 2