Meetings and Organizations -This page will maintain a list of professional meetings related to radiation. If you would like your meeting to be listed send me an e-mail message and it will be posted--- for FREE! Whenever possible include the web address as well so that users can click on a direct link to obtain more information.
Send your comments to .
A two hour course will be presented on three different occasions
concerning the latest developments in fluoroscopy
and their implications for the operator and patient.
All three presentations are the same, offered at different times and
dates to increase availability. The course has been approved for two Category A continuing education credits by the American Society
of Radiologic Technologists. The program will be presented
as a live lecture in the new State of Alaska laboratory
in Anchorage. Dates and times available include:
March 4, 2005 - 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
April 7, 2005 - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
May 15, 2005 - 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Registration is required.
No fees will be charged.
For more information contact the State of Alaska Radiologic Health Program at (907) 334-2100.
National Radiologic Technology Week (NRTW) is November 7-11, 2005.
National Sonographer Awareness Month is October 1-31, 2005.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, and October 21, 2005 is National Mammography Day. (Third Friday in October)
September 2005 is National Prostate Health Month.
Meetings within the State of Alaska -
- MAMMOGRAPHY COURSE
In the spring semester, 2003, there was a course on mammography at UAA which covered the FDA didactic requirements under MQSA. Erica Wight, Assistant Professor and Clinical Coordinator taught the course over three Saturdays, and practicum may be scheduled at any site with a registered and FDA certified mammographer. Contact Erica at UAA for details on future courses. (907) 786-6933.
- Alaska Society of Radiologic Technologists ANNUAL MEETING.
Fairbanks, Alaska, March 2005.
National Meetings -
- Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors - 37th Annual conference - April 24-27, 2005 - Kansas City, Missouri.
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists, 77th Annual Meeting - Orlando, Florida June 4-7, 2005.
Rosen Centre Hotel.
- Association of Educators in Radiological Sciences, Inc. , (978)-579-9785. Orlando, Florida June 4-7, 2005.
Rosen Centre Hotel. .
- Health Physics Society 50th Annual Meeting - Spokane, Washington, June 10-11, 2005.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine, 52th Annual Meeting - Toronto, Ontario, Canada - June 18-22, 2005. (703)-326-1184. SNM
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine -47th Annual Meeting- July 24-28, 2005 - Seattle, WA.
- American Healthcare Radiology Administrators 33rd Annual Meeting - August 7-11, 2005 - San Antonio, Texas. (978) 443-7591.
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, 47th Annual Meeting (703)-502-1550. Denver, Colorado - October 10-20, 2005.
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, IMRT Program (703)-502-1550. Dallas, Texas - February 4-6, 2005.
- Indoor Tanning Association World Expo 2002- January 20-25, 2005. World Summit, Grand Bahama Island. (888) 377-0477.
- Radiological Society of North America - 91st Scientific Asembly. , McCormick Place, Chicago- November 27 - December 2, 2005. (630) 571-2670. (RSNA)
Radiological Society of North America - 91th Scientific Asembly. , McCormick Place, Chicago- November 27 - December 2, 2005. (630) 571-2670. (RSNA)
International Meetings and Organizations -
International Society for Radiographers and Radiological Technologists, 13th World Congress, February 3 to 6, 2005. Conference Centre Hong Kong. Enquiries until further notice to Maria. This meeting was postponed from 2004.
Nationwide Continuing Education Resources -