Backstreet Boys News!!!
Latest News in the BSB world:
- On July 5th, the new BSB book is coming out.
- On June 17th, Kevy got married in KY ...ya'll, hehe
- Howie Dorough raised over $100,000 for his Lupus Fund in dedication for his sister, Caroline.
- Johnny Suede..oops, I meant Johnny No-Name is going on tour this April. Rock on, Johnny!!!
- The video for the next single "The One" was shot in Vancouver, B.C. on March 26th.
- Backstreet didn't win any Grammy's, but still had a kick-ass performance!
- Kevin Richardson purposed to Kristin on Valentine's Day.
- Brian purposed to Leighanne! And of course, she accepted to the sweety. I'm SOOO happy for them! Brian, if u ever read this,
I am truely happy for u and glad that u found happiness in another person. I wish you the best of luck, and *wink* enjoy ur wedding night!
"IF U SEE THIS ROOM A ROCKIN', DON'T COME A KNOCKING!" ...hehe
- BSB are releasing an online Backstreet comic book (drawn by the man himself...NICK CARTER! bravo, daaaahling! hehe)
- Burger King is sponsoring BSB's tour. (what happened to Mc D's?!?!, hehe)
- Aj performed as Johnny Suede on January 9th (his b-day) and was a huge hit.
- BSB won the AMA for Best Pop/Rock Group/Duo/ and r nominated for 5 Grammy's. GOOD LUCK, guys!
- "Show Me The Meaning" is premiering on MuchMusic on January 1rst, 12:02am. Talk about a great way to start off the millennium, eh?
- BSB won the Billboard awards for best artist and best album of the year. Way to go guys! We're all proud of you:)
- i FINALLY boinked Nickolas Gene Carter!....j/k!! hehehe but he DID wave and point at urs truely, at the concert. hehe.
- BSB came to MONTREAL, baby! yeah, the concert rocked! my seats were AMAZING! and Apparently Bri was golfing in the damn cold while the other fellah's went to the opening of a Roots store in Montreal and were just chillin' at their hotel.
- BSB did a special fan/press conference in Toronto on Nov. 11th, 99. To see a transcipt, go to backstreet.net
- hehe....apparently Kevin's pants fell down at his FIRST tour date in the USA. hehe. how embaressing is that? LMAO!
- 60 minutes did a special on the BSB vs. Lou Pearlman case when their former manager recieved 10 million bucks while the boys only recieved 300, 000$. how unfair is that?!?! Well, neways, the show included an interview with L. Pearlman (where he admitted to using the boys just to make a couple of bucks) and a few words from fellow bands like N' Sync, LFO...etc. The boys said that they did NOT want to make a comment on the case. But, the show did include some past performances of BSB and a few clips from old interviews.
- Their video FINALLY came out. Obviously well thought out and worked VERY hard on. Even NON-bsb fans and ALL the guys at my school love it! u cant find one person who isnt singing Larger Than Life...cuz it just gets stuck in ur head! lol.
- BSB won the Viewers Choice award at the MTV awards, meanwhile making a SMASHING original performance of their brand-new single, LARGER THAN LIFE! It even had an impression on Chris Rock (haha! love that dude!!!), where he mentioned that maybe they should change their name to C.W.A.....Crackheads w/ attitude, baby! lol. cute, eh?
- Rumor has it that Nick has broken up with Mandy. awww, poor dudesy.
- The boys are performing at the MTV Music Awards 99' where they are ALSO nominated for 4 awards.
- BSB recently filmed their latest video "Larger Than Life" in FL. It was THEIR own concept (*sob*...im SO proud, hehe) and directed by Joseph Cahn (wrong spelling, i know. lol). It's a futuristic space sorta thing.
- Offspring has gone TOO far. Although i may enjoy their music, i must say that they acted irresponsibley and immature when they decided to do their lil' "lets beat up BSB inflatables" routine at Woodstock '99! What the heck r they doin' with BSB inflatables in the first place???? hehe
- BSB knocked off Limp Bizkit on their return to #1 on the album charts! Way to go, boys! (Don't worry, i still like Limp....i did it all 4 the nookie...hehe!)
- The reason the tickets in North America are not on sale yet, is cuz they still havent confirmed the dates yet. Thats because the BSB r now asking for a million dollars a show. That isnt TOO much to ask for, considering that they have to split it 5 ways.
- The boys are planning to release their new single "Larger than Life" in early Sept. Meanwhile, they are talking with various directors and planning a vidoe shoot in late August.
- Nick Carter has announced that although he IS staying with the group and they r NOT breaking up; he is also planning on his SOLO album that should be done by autumn. He's doing more love songs and a bit more rock (like Bryan Adams). well, i personally have one thing to say: "Nick, we ALL wish u the best of luck in ur solo career. I'm sure the Backstreet Boys experience has prepared u for it."
- Nick got his 2nd tattoo. Its a music note on his back.
- Nick recently got his REAL tattoo. It is a shark on his left shoulder. OUCH! lol, j/k
- Mariah Carey PERSONALLY called up the boys to ask them if they were interested in doing a duet with the diva. (WOW!)
- Their latest Single is "I Want It That Way"
- Backstreet Boys are presently on their world tour in Europe. and i heard it kicks ass! hehe. Be sure to go see it (exept in Montreal! pple! save me a ticket!!!) lol
- On May 18th- the latest BSB album "Millennium" came out.
- BSB took home 2 Blockbuster Awards on June 16th.