India and Pakistan have been quarreling over Kashmir since 1947 when the two countries became independent from British rule and India was partitioned into two nations.
One nation, Pakistan, was created specifically for the Muslims.
- Is peace possible in the subcontinent?
- Why have past attempts at peace failed?
- Why are India and Pakistan enemies when they were once one country?
- Why is Kashmir so important to both countries?
- What is the relationship of nuclear tests by both countries to the
- Why is the international community concerned about what happens here?
- How would you design a lasting peace agreement between India and Pakistan?
As you think about these questions and the various viewpoints,
you must first become familiar with the background of this conflict
and what is involved in the peace process.
Above all, keep in the mind the quest(ion):
How would you design a lasting peace agreement between India and Pakistan?