Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter Four

The air was bitingly cold as Lynsey stepped out of the studio. She walked carefully down the stairs, trying not to step on the ice that was on them. She pulled her heavy coat closer to her body as she began walking.

The moment she stepped on the sidewalk, she saw him there. AJ was leaning against the wall of a neighboring building, obviously waiting for her. He wore a heavy black jacket and a toboggan.

"You look a little cold." she said when she reached him and was slightly taken aback when he smiled at her.

"Well, I'm from Florida. We don't get too much snow." His smile was so beautiful that it took her breath away.

"Wh-what are you doing out here then?" she stumbled out. He had those dark shades on still so she wasn't quite so she wasn't quite so disarmed by his eyes and intense stare. It was his smile that was disarming her now.

"I was waiting for you." he said in that melodious voice of his. He finally pushed away from the wall and stood directly in front of her. Very closely. So close that Lynsey could smell the sweet scent of his cologne.

Lynsey tried to shake herself out of it. It seems like ever since she first laid eyes on him, she couldn't think clearly.

"You make me crazy, Lynsey. he said as if reading her mind. "Every since I first saw you in that elevator, I can't think of anything but you." He paused and took a deep breath. "There's something here, Lynsey. Please tell me you feel it too." His voice ended in an almost desperate whisper that Lynsey could feel all the way through her.

Everything that he said was true. They had some sort of electric chemistry between them and frankly it shook her. She's had quite a few boyfriends in the past and even a fiancé but none of them effected her like this man did. He shook her to the core.

She shook her head nervously, avoiding eye contact. "AJ, I don't--"

"Don't lie to me Lynsey." AJ said, his voice rising. "I know you feel this!" He grabbed her hand and brought it to his chest where she felt the swift pounding of his heart. She tried to pull her hand away but he held it tight.

"AJ, stop, I don't know what you're talking about! I don't even know you!" She finally wrestled her hand free and tried to move away from him but he stepped in front of her. Their eyes connected for a brief moment before his mouth crushed down on hers.

Lynsey felt as if he had forced the breath out of her when his lips touched hers. She couldn't help but participate as he expertly stole her senses away with a mere kiss.

She could hardly think straight but she knew she had to stop this kiss. She braced her hands on his shoulders and shoved him hard. He stumbled back a few steps and looked at her in confusion. She used those few moments to step away from him and walk away.

AJ shook his head to clear the fog then watched her leave with no objections. His heart was nearly pounding out of his chest and he knew at that moment that he had to have her.

As he watched her, he saw her begin to cross the road. His stomach knotted instantly because he knew she probably didn't see the car that was speeding down the street in her direction.

"Lynsey!" he screamed as he took off running toward her. The car was still coming toward her and AJ prayed he could get to her in time.

He ran at top speed and was only halfway to her when he leaped with all of his strength and dived into her.

They landed with a hard thud on the ground as the car passed by but the force of AJ's jump sent them sliding across the ice. They slid quickly for a few feet until a pole happened to stop them. They hit the pole hard and AJ cried out as he felt his ribs crack. The pain shot through his body but it would all be worth it if Lynsey was ok.

"Are you alright?" he rasped out, the pain making it hard for him to breathe. When she didn't answer him, he moved as much as the pain would allow and looked at her. What he saw made him forget any of his own pain.

Lynsey's eyes were closed and blood was running down her face from a wound on her head.

Chapter Five

Email: kevvy32@yahoo.com